New Ironton vs. Logan series: Will this happen?

General Chat
BigCarlito72
JV Team

Re: New Ironton vs. Logan series: Will this happen?

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Paladin wrote:Frankly, all I'm reading is a blowhard. If you wanted the match-up "so bad", you shouldn't have run from the league. The game was there every year. By turning yellow and running , you can pull what the tigger faithful used to do -- brag every year and predict a big win over Logan that somehow always blew up in your face and made you out to be second rate. Now you pull the same crap but know there is no game and you can't lose anymore. So let it rip, hotair.

No one cares.
Logan fans know Ironton was closing in on them AGAIN and still they are more closely matched with us than a St. Francis Desales or a BrookHaven or etc etc etc!!! Thats facts!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

BigCarlito72 wrote:
C-Bolt wrote:
Paladin wrote:Frankly, I like playing the D-I schools, especially those that aren't the usual Champs ( Coffman, Davidson, UA,etc). Makes for good competition, great computer points and gets good crowds from Logan interested. Top D-2 programs too like New Albany, Big Nut. Thats who Logan is. May as well play. It only makes you better.
You got that right,I know I'm not gonna go see Logan beat up some little cream puff 50-0 ,rather go see an opera. Ironton is not a creampuff but alot of schools around fit the category then have to hear all the whining about Logan being so big.....
Outside of Ironton and Portsmouth, NY on some years and jackson once in a long while their whole leauge was cream puffs! Seriously, if Portsmouth were to follow and leave as well and with Ironton gone this is stil a quality conf for Logan? Honestly Logan gets more of a challenge from Gallia or Jackson or Warren than Ironton or even Portsmouth year in and year out? They have no trouble being in a conf with schools this "size" but a reg season out of conf series and Logan fans say NOOOOOOOOO and say well we should be getting our asses handed to us by Colombus schools but the truth is they do NOT really wanna face Ironton year in and year out anymore because they know they were up for them historically the last 3 or 4 years and now they are evening out again and that is just too much of a possibility to get beat by Ironton....historically this is the trend. Let us not fool ourselves into believing Logan to be a great football tradition because they are not and never have been. They just had a few very good even great years with some phenomenal players and that is it. Starting this year they will begin to revert back to being the Logan we have all known and loved. So keep getting whipped by those schools and when ya sprout a new set and loose some of that phony pride you can come down here and getcha some too. Trust me when I say this, Ironton would WELCOME another matchup with this bunch, the challenge is great and like it or not somewhat of a rivalry has developed. The seoal conf be damned, Ironton vs. Logan WAS the matchup in the conference, point blank and simple! Let me let you in on a lil secret also, Logan fans gave a big exhale when Ironton left that schedule because they seen last year, they heard they were trailing @ the half and only won 21-7 in what was a defensive struggle for most of the game. They know they do not field succesfull teams or better players than Ironton on a yearly basis and they know the last 3 or 4 years were NOT a representation of the entire story of this matchup. THEY KNOW! Let em all spout about the last few years. let Wheelersburg fans who evidentially live vicariously through Logan on here because they cannot beat Ironton with any regularity yack about Ironton running from the conference, Logan fans know Ironton was closing in on them AGAIN and still they are more closely matched with us than a St. Francis Desales or a BrookHaven or etc etc etc!!! Thats facts!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ironton scored a grand total of 38 points in 4 match-ups against Logan.

I'll take those number in a defensive struggle anytime.

The reality is that Ironton left a league and turned around and scheduled every member of that league except for Logan and the 2 Washington County schools.

Proves to me what Ironton was really afraid of, and it wasn't travel.

The truth is that Dale Amyx had Bob Lutz's number (going 3-1 against him in his career). Amyx finished a solid 4-1 against the Tigers.

Many in Logan laugh at Ironton the same way Buckeye fans laugh at Notre Dame. It is so sad to see fan bases who haven't won a championship in over 20 years cling to their storied past with no modern day success to back it up.

Kids in Logan have goals to beat Jackson, Lancaster, Gallipolis, and Chillicothe because our kids can remember Logan losing to those teams. The kids playing Varsity football today have never seen Ironton beat Logan, and only 1 time in their life has Ironton even come within a single touchdown.

Heck, I'm getting closer to 30 and I've never seen Ironton beat Logan, I was in KINDERGARTEN the last time it happened.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Also, just to prove you have no idea what you are talking about, Logan holds a 3-5 all-time record against Columbus DeSales compared to Ironton's miseralbe 2-9 record. Ironton can barely stay on the field with the Stallions while Logan is nearly .500 against DeSales.

So keep living in a dream world.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

LoganLocos wrote:Also, just to prove you have no idea what you are talking about, Logan holds a 3-5 all-time record against Columbus DeSales compared to Ironton's miseralbe 2-9 record. Ironton can barely stay on the field with the Stallions while Logan is nearly .500 against DeSales.

So keep living in a dream world.
So both teams have a losing record with Desales we were just willing to match up with them more often right? While your @ it why dont you post those massive 8 playoff appearances for the Chieftans k? :lol: :lol: :lol:

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

:lol: Owned by Locos and Paladin

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

[
The reality is that Ironton left a league and turned around and scheduled every member of that league except for Logan and the 2 Washington County schools.

Proves to me what Ironton was really afraid of, and it wasn't travel.

The truth is that Dale Amyx had Bob Lutz's number (going 3-1 against him in his career). Amyx finished a solid 4-1 against the Tigers.

Many in Logan laugh at Ironton the same way Buckeye fans laugh at Notre Dame. It is so sad to see fan bases who haven't won a championship in over 20 years cling to their storied past with no modern day success to back it up.

Kids in Logan have goals to beat Jackson, Lancaster, Gallipolis, and Chillicothe because our kids can remember Logan losing to those teams. The kids playing Varsity football today have never seen Ironton beat Logan, and only 1 time in their life has Ironton even come within a single touchdown.

Heck, I'm getting closer to 30 and I've never seen Ironton beat Logan, I was in KINDERGARTEN the last time it happened.[/quote]
Really? How many championships have Logan kids witnessed in those eight playoff appearances? Success? :lol: :lol: :lol: When?

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

grizzlynatural wrote::lol: Owned by Locos and Paladin
I'm confused are you referring to ya wifey? :lol: :lol: Facts hurt ecspecially when ya wanna discuss them selectively. You guys prove exactly what I have been saying. ;-)

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

I'm really sorry that logan and ironton people have to talk on here again. My biggest beef with you ironton folks is you see the distant past as being important as what's been going on here late. Yes ironton last beat logan in 1990, that was a long time ago. The youngest people who played in that game are 35 now, they have thinning hair, beer guts, and sons that are carrying on their football legacies. Let me use some analogies to demonstrate how ridiculous this "well we beat you in 19 odd 2" attitude is...

In the last fifty years ohio state has a slight lead against michigan, even though michigan leads the all time series by about twenty games, mostly because michigan dominated the series for its first twenty five times out. What's more important to who wins this year, what Jim Tressel has done or what Fielding Yost did?

When Julius Caesar conquered Gaul, were the Gauls being lead into slavery taunting their Roman captors by yelling how they had sacked Rome three hundred years earlier?

How many Sons of The Confederacy does it take to screw in a light bulb. Three. One to screw it in and two to talk about how great the old one was.

The bottom line is that Logan has bettered you of late, and you have to much pride to take it, and that's fine, but you have to understand why it annoys us. People from Logan are always gonna be jerks when we have success, you can either do what Ironton does and say "we still lead the all time series so I guess that makes us better" or you can do what the majority of fans do and say "Oh well, you guys beat us, good luck, we got a lot coming up next year, we'll get ya then." That's what the vast majority of Logan fans do when we lose. I didn't see anybody post on the lancaster board about how lancaster sucks because we've beaten them two out of three.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

BigCarlito72 wrote: Really? How many championships have Logan kids witnessed in those eight playoff appearances? Success? :lol: :lol: :lol: When?
The same number they've witnessed Ironton win.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

BigCarlito72 wrote: So both teams have a losing record with Desales we were just willing to match up with them more often right? While your @ it why dont you post those massive 8 playoff appearances for the Chieftans k? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haha - Logan was desperate for a week 10 opponent for 10 years. Ironton was. And they failed miserably when they were matched up with DeSales, despite what many of their fans think. 2 wins in 11 tries isn't exactly "competitive."

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

BigCarlito72 wrote:
farmer wrote:Ironton has not won since 1990. So it is better to bring up history and playoff records not the recent game results. Guess the recent games do not count.
I "brought it all up" and laid it on the table sir!

Ironton has not won since 1990 so you want to live in the past and paint yourself a rosy future with your rose colored glasses. From the way Ironton has played Logan lately there is nothing to brag about. You put down Logan for playing smaller schools then put them down for not playing down to play Ironton. Ironton is not the only team around for Logan to play as it has been mentioned by others.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

What a wasteful thread. Who cares. I hope for both schools that they have played for the last time.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

1987chieftains wrote:i'd like to see a newark / logan or watkins / logan. way back in the day (late 80's) we used to scrimmage watkins
Newark and Watkins are both bad nowadays, you'd have no problem with either of them right now.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Just to funny So I guess Ironton ran from big bad Logan big deal ok it's done and over with.
Let Logan schedule who ever they want and Ironton will do the same all that matters is the post season.
As for irontons cup cake schedule I guess Ports. Galia jackson and chili are cup cakes to right.
Ironton playing Logan makes no sence for either team so just let it die.
It don't matter Ironton haters will say the same as will Logan haters.
Ironton will be ok they will continue to make playoffs with or with out playing Logan as for Logan what they do will be how thet respond to losing a great load of talent and adjusting to a new coach.
So good luck Logan in the years to come.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Even Michigan fans don't keep bringing up how they own Ohio State in the all time time series,they know the reality of the current series but some I-town fans just can't get it out of their minds how Logan has owned their great program of late,let it go, its all over with ,maybe Ironton would beat Logan the next few years but we'll never know for sure since Ironton got tired of being embarrassed every year by a team they used to dominate.I seriously doubt Lutz wants anymore to do with Logan,hes had some bad blood with them dating back to the early 80's.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

C-Bolt wrote:Even Michigan fans don't keep bringing up how they own Ohio State in the all time time series,they know the reality of the current series but some I-town fans just can't get it out of their minds how Logan has owned their great program of late,let it go, its all over with ,maybe Ironton would beat Logan the next few years but we'll never know for sure since Ironton got tired of being embarrassed every year by a team they used to dominate.I seriously doubt Lutz wants anymore to do with Logan,hes had some bad blood with them dating back to the early 80's.
Nobody is running from Logan and notice how silent it gets when Logans football programs overall success is brought up? Exactly! The past is the past whether it be 2 or 20 years ago, fact is as it stands Ironton dominated the all time series and Logan will never be consistent enough to even it up. Or strong enough to ever make a post season mark, face it Chieftans you are a NEVER WERE! :122249

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Ironton=Notre Dame
Logan = Ohio State

I am sorry, but that has to be the dumbest comparison in history. That coming from a guy who usually posts very intelligently. Has Logan bested Ironton of late? No question. However to say Ironton has become Notre Dame? Not sure i get that comparison. Ironton has continued to win a great deal of their games and they have continued to qualify for the playoffs and have enjoyed some playoff wins. Logan cannot be compared to Ohio State, unless you are comparing Logan's lack of post season success.

Yes, Logan has beaten Ironton. However, if anyone thinks the reason Ironton left the SEOAL was over a football series with Logan, come on.

Has Logan ever hooked up with Sheridan? I think that would also be a good non conference football series. The Generals are D3 and they have enjoyed some success. I think they have hooked up with Newark Licking Valley a time or two. Valley would also be a good non conference program for the Chieftans to hook up with.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

BigCarlito72 wrote: Nobody is running from Logan and notice how silent it gets when Logans football programs overall success is brought up? Exactly! The past is the past whether it be 2 or 20 years ago, fact is as it stands Ironton dominated the all time series and Logan will never be consistent enough to even it up. Or strong enough to ever make a post season mark, face it Chieftans you are a NEVER WERE! :122249
Silence? You're the one who take EIGHT HOURS to respond after I pointed out that during the lifetime of todays players, Ironton and Logan have won the same number of state championships. Kids don't care a bout a picture on a wall. Hell, they can't even look ahead past PROM, let alone appreciate a history that is irrelevent to them.

Like I said, Ironton is lucky the series ended when it did. The fact is that Amyx had Lutz's number (.750 win percentage), and was .800 against Ironton overall.

Logan has moved on to bigger (and MUCH MUCH better opponents). This game is not going to happen.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

LoganLocos wrote:
BigCarlito72 wrote: Nobody is running from Logan and notice how silent it gets when Logans football programs overall success is brought up? Exactly! The past is the past whether it be 2 or 20 years ago, fact is as it stands Ironton dominated the all time series and Logan will never be consistent enough to even it up. Or strong enough to ever make a post season mark, face it Chieftans you are a NEVER WERE! :122249
Silence? You're the one who take EIGHT HOURS to respond after I pointed out that during the lifetime of todays players, Ironton and Logan have won the same number of state championships. Kids don't care a bout a picture on a wall. Hell, they can't even look ahead past PROM, let alone appreciate a history that is irrelevent to them.

Like I said, Ironton is lucky the series ended when it did. The fact is that Amyx had Lutz's number (.750 win percentage), and was .800 against Ironton overall.

Logan has moved on to bigger (and MUCH MUCH better opponents). This game is not going to happen.
he had to go to work to pay for his internet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

85inside wrote:Ironton=Notre Dame
Logan = Ohio State

I am sorry, but that has to be the dumbest comparison in history. That coming from a guy who usually posts very intelligently. Has Logan bested Ironton of late? No question. However to say Ironton has become Notre Dame? Not sure i get that comparison. Ironton has continued to win a great deal of their games and they have continued to qualify for the playoffs and have enjoyed some playoff wins. Logan cannot be compared to Ohio State, unless you are comparing Logan's lack of post season success.

Yes, Logan has beaten Ironton. However, if anyone thinks the reason Ironton left the SEOAL was over a football series with Logan, come on.

Has Logan ever hooked up with Sheridan? I think that would also be a good non conference football series. The Generals are D3 and they have enjoyed some success. I think they have hooked up with Newark Licking Valley a time or two. Valley would also be a good non conference program for the Chieftans to hook up with.
85inside -

I wasn't comparing Logan to Ohio State.

I was comparing Ironton to Notre Dame, yes.

I could have picked any team that laments Notre Dame's fan base, I just chose Ohio State because most people here can relate.

But I'll be the first to tell you that Logan is much more Wisconsin or Purdue than they are Ohio State or Penn State.

Return to “The Off season”