Little Mosque On The Prairie?!

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Re: Little Mosque On The Prairie?!

Post by kantuckyII »

Hollywood twists reality and truth and try to (do) brain wash people every day of every week. Take a show like Law & Order, there are always subtle subliminal messages that try to shape the mind, the way we think. I used it because, even though I've only watched portions of the show I've witnessed them repeatedly and most aren't that subtle even. No doubt, Hollywood would LOVE to revision Islam and Mohammad. There IS a battle for the mind - make no mistake about it. Whether we are conscious of it or not, we are constantly under attack, there is a war for our mind!

I look at it this way (and there is no other way to really look at it unless you elect they're both) either Mohammad or Jesus Christ were liars and I'm got everything I own, including my soul...bet that it was Mohammad and..by the way, both men have let it be clear that you have to decide on which one's right.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

I've seen plenty of "twisting" also. By those who claim every Muslim is an unfriendly person; hates people of other religions or is a terrorist. Nothing could be further from the truth. Shame on those who would make such generalized comments.

I have my religious beliefs also. But I'm also smart enough to know not everyone who calls themselves a Christian reflects the values of the Christ. Just as those who commit acts of terrorism in the name of Islam don't have the support or backing of the vast majority of Muslims. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about that.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

A Christian should hate Islam or should learn to hate Islam as they mature in the faith. The Bible says to 'hate that which is evil and cling to that which is good'

That's hate a thing, not a person/persons. The thing is Islam

toast
All State

Post by toast »

FIDO wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
FIDO wrote:Maybe the outrage against MUSLIMS wouldn't be so furious if they didn't act like a bunch of KKK folks or the Hitler's of the world. If you disagree with them, you die!!! Pretty dang radical view isn't it?

There are nutjob radicals just like you described right here in the good ole US of A that were born and raised here and think the same as the ones you mentioned. If you ain't white and don't believe in what they say they would just as soon kill you as look at you. They blow up Federal buildings, send out letter bombs, and write long manifestos. They stockplie weapons of all kinds, live in highly fortified compounds, and brainwash their members. You are going to have nutjob extremists no matter where you go.

I'm not a defender of that ilk either...Can you imagine the uproar, though, if it was suggested by Glen Beck we should start a show titled, Little Skinhead on the Prairie, so people would better understand their softer side? The biggest difference between the two, as I see it, is that the radical Muslims commit acts of atrocities on a daily basis and on a grander scale...But as far as I'm concerned, they are two peas in the same pod and it is all surrounded by their hatred!

Would we call the KKK and their followers who preach hatred radical Christains? Would we call Fred Phelps and his church radical Christians?

Let's just call them all "radicals".

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Would we call the KKK and their followers who preach hatred radical Christains? Would we call Fred Phelps and his church radical Christians?

Let's just call them all "radicals".
If Jesus said that He was to die for all men and that God loves all people, then, how could or would Phelps be considered a 'radical Christian' when they hold up signs proclaiming that God Hates? How could you call the KKK radical Christians when they hate Jews who God calls His Chosen People? and when you consider that Jesus Christ was born of a Jewish mother, it gets even more bizarre. How could you call them followers of Christ when they say just the opposite of what Christ said and taught?

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Well, when it comes to "distortions" and "twisting the facts", I'm starting to think you guys ruin supreme! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let try this. I don't support or follow Islam. I am a Christian. And of course we wouldn't call KKK followers or Fred Phelps group "radical Christians". They spread hate at an alarming rate. That's pretty obvious. That's why I said let's just call them "radicals" and leave out the word Christian!

Yet those who commit terrible acts in the name of Islam are called "radical Muslims" by the media and others. They don't have the support of the vast majority of the 2 billion followers of Islam. Just call them radicals!

In the same vain not all Muslims are terrorist or bad neighbors, etc.... But that is exactly what same people are trying to convey. Let's just try getting the facts straight.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

...but..how would they be 'radical' if they weren't radical to something? It's obvious that Phelps and the almost daily suicide bombers across the world think they're doing what their holy books tell them to do.

I have a friend of mine who's married to a Filipino. She really has a hard time not hating Muslims as they took over her home town where she was raised. She can't even go back there and visit anymore because it's not safe for a Christian or non-Muslim to not do so. Just a few months ago, they stole her cousin's boat and beat him within an inch of his life. I have another friend who's Filipino who grew up with a boy that the Muslims beheaded him there a few years back. Anytime Islam becomes the dominant religion in an area, you have this type of behavior

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

You see where one of them blew himself up, killing 60 and injuring another 160 in Iraq today? Is it all Muslims? NO but boy, it's sure a LOT Of them that are involved with this kinda stuff. Hollywood will or would twist it around to make them all the victims (the bombers, terrorist) and put the blame on us if they got a show like mentioned.

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:Well, if you'd carry on an intelligent discussion instead of just attacking someone personally you don't agree with, you probably wouldn't be censored nearly as badly. However, I do understand that taking the side you have on many issues, it's very difficult to defend your position which often defies logic and common sense. Where as, if you want to embrace your stand, as ludicurious as it often is to most intelligent people who possess good common sense, it's your right to do so..no matter if people think you're stupid for doing so.

And this isn't attacking me? You are a real piece of work. I know we can't all be perfect like you, but we try.

I'm not worthy!!!
I'm not worthy!!!
I'm not worthy!!!

Interesting subject. But I must say that in reading this, it appears to me that he was talking about your position and your stand and not attacking you personally.
I have friends that we dispise each others "positions" and "stands" but we are good friends on a personal basis.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

FIDO wrote:I didn't realize there were a BLOCK or SECT of Christians going around blowing up motels, hotels, airplanes, buildings, innocent people, police stations, malls, markets, beheadings, etc....in the name of Christianity and the spread thereof.....MY BAD and ignorance!! Whomever these RADICAL CHRISTIANs are, kill them all too!!! There, is that PC enough for you PC POLICE!!!???
You just don't get it do you FIDO. I'll try one more time but I'm not holding out much hope! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whether it's preaching hate or blowing up people; those that choose that route are not representative of the faith they claim. Be it Islam or Christianity. They are all a bunch of Nuts!

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

toast wrote:
FIDO wrote:I didn't realize there were a BLOCK or SECT of Christians going around blowing up motels, hotels, airplanes, buildings, innocent people, police stations, malls, markets, beheadings, etc....in the name of Christianity and the spread thereof.....MY BAD and ignorance!! Whomever these RADICAL CHRISTIANs are, kill them all too!!! There, is that PC enough for you PC POLICE!!!???
You just don't get it do you FIDO. I'll try one more time but I'm not holding out much hope! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whether it's preaching hate or blowing up people; those that choose that route are not representative of the faith they claim. Be it Islam or Christianity. They are all a bunch of Nuts!
While I get the point you are trying to make to FIDO, what you are failing to see is that the majority of those that practice the moslem faith, want to see you and me dead. The only thing this scum understands is violent power, plain and simple. They would willingly make a deal with the devil himself, if they thought they could benefit from it and then have the chance later on to kill him. I see them for what they truely are, not what some bleeding hearts want me to believe.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

toast wrote:

Well, toast, if you're a Christian, you would have to believe that Muhammad has the spirit of the anti-christ on him and what would you expect from his religion? it's worse than just blowing up kids at the pizza place but it drags humans to hell.

Here's a good excerpt & commentary on the life of Muhammad & Islam:
In 622, Muhammad left Mecca for an oasis then known as Yathrib. This trip became known as the hejira, the flight from persecution in Mecca. The term has also come to mean leaving a pagan community for one that adheres to the laws of Islam. In his new home, which was later renamed Medina, Muhammad became a mediator, arbitrating disputes between tribes.

Interestingly, Medina also had a sizeable Jewish community, which had probably moved there after being expelled from Palestine by the Romans. Muhammad respected the Jews, and his early teachings appeared to borrow from Jewish tradition. The Jews began to distance themselves from Muhammad, however, when he became critical of their not recognizing him as a prophet.

Once it was clear the Jews would not accept him, Muhammad began to minimize or eliminate the Jewish influence on his beliefs. For example, he shifted the direction of prayers from Jerusalem to Mecca, made Friday his special day of prayer, and renounced the Jewish dietary laws (except for the prohibition on eating pork). Originally, he said the Arabs were descendants of Abraham through his son Ishmael, but in the Koran Abraham's connection to the Jews is denied, with Muhammad asserting that Abraham is only the patriarch of Islam, not Judaism as well, because he "surrendered himself to Allah."

One of the immediate consequences of Muhammad's frustration was the expulsion of two Jewish tribes from Medina and the murder of all the members of a third Jewish tribe (except for the women and children, who were sold into slavery). But even worse for the long-term treatment of the Jews were a number of inflammatory statements about Jews that Muhammad made that appear in the Koran — which, over the years, stoked Arab/Islamic anti-Semitism.

Muhammad slowly began to build his power base both by the persuasiveness of his faith and the old-fashioned way: by marrying women from important families to gain political advantage. He came to control the oases and markets, which forced other traders and tribesmen to negotiate with him. When he finally returned to Mecca, it was at the head of an imposing army that forced the residents to capitulate.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

FIDO wrote:You're right! I don't get ignorant Americans, like you, at all! They just simply amaze me. Oh well, maybe they or you will be hit with reality one day and knocked out of their/your world of make believe. :lol: :lol: :lol: But I'm not holding out much hope! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Now, go whine to the mod's like your other little whiners on here!!
You know what's funny FIDO? You and a couple others blatantly break the rules on no politics all the time and then turn around and put the BLAME on anyone who calls you out for doing so. You act think you're the victim!

You're right up there with Jesse when it comes to playing the victim card! :lol: :lol: :lol:

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Space Cowboy wrote:
toast wrote:

While I get the point you are trying to make to FIDO, what you are failing to see is that the majority of those that practice the moslem faith, want to see you and me dead. The only thing this scum understands is violent power, plain and simple. They would willingly make a deal with the devil himself, if they thought they could benefit from it and then have the chance later on to kill him. I see them for what they truely are, not what some bleeding hearts want me to believe.
You don't know that and I don't know it. You made a conscious decision to believe the worst.

Here's what we do know. There are upwards of 7,000,000 Muslims living in America. Some of them are doctors, lawyers, firemen, nurses, teachers, policemen, etc.... I haven't heard of any daily bombings or grand acts of violence being committed by followers of Islam in the last couple of days, months or years here in America. I have heard that some of their places of worship have been damaged and vandalized.

I don't agree with or follow their religion but I also don't believe they are all a bunch of terrorist or scum like a few others on here.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I don't know where Toast got we or I or anyone was saying that every Muslim on the planet is a terrorist or even a large fraction of them are. I do, however, believe that the overwhelming majority of them are, on some level, sympathetic to terrorist and terrorism. I do, also, believe that Islam can make any follower of Islam act or think that way. After all, where did Islam originate at/from? I'm not talking about the human here but what force or who created it? If you're a Christian, you would have to believe that Satan spawned this religion.

What is Islam basically? It's so simple..it's been around since Cain slew Able. It's denying the grace of God through Jesus Christ and replacing it with a religion of 'good works' It replaces the Arab with the Jew as seemingly the Chosen people. It's been around a long time..it's nothing new, just put in a attractive package to some to lure then in.

Islam, strips the Deity from Christ, demoting Jesus to a simple prophet on an equal plane or lesser than the Arab, Muhammad. It takes away the Gospel..which is the Death, Burial and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Islam says that Not only was Jesus not resurrected but that He didn't even die! It replaces the Gospel with 'Good works'

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

You don't know that and I don't know it. You made a conscious decision to believe the worst.

Here's what we do know. There are upwards of 7,000,000 Muslims living in America. Some of them are doctors, lawyers, firemen, nurses, teachers, policemen, etc.... I haven't heard of any daily bombings or grand acts of violence being committed by followers of Islam in the last couple of days, months or years here in America. I have heard that some of their places of worship have been damaged and vandalized.

I don't agree with or follow their religion but I also don't believe they are all a bunch of terrorist or scum like a few others on here.

So, Toast....Dont know what Im talkin about?
I was one of the first groups of soldiers that the military sent into the Middle East since WW2 (excluding a failed hostage rescue attempt and embassy guards). We were required to study the moslem faith, its history, their culture, their military history, and their political aims and beliefs. These folks not only needed our help, they wanted it. We helped them set up training camps, helped them with medical facilities that were way above anything they ever had, set up pump stations for safe drinking water and helped to train them to stop a ruthless invader.
This all started under the Carter admin and continued with vigor durring the Reagan admin.
I ate and lived with these people for 9months believing that they were our ally. Durring that time, I learned a working knowledge of 2 dialects of arabec. Back in the states, I continued to study their faith, Middle Eastern politics, and more history of their region. The 2nd. 9 month tour there, I saw them for what they are....users. I spent another 18 months, in various tours in the Middle East. Some of that time in Saudi, Lebanon ( durring the same time that some of the same people I lived with a couple of years before, got the brilliant idea to help some terrorists blow up a Marine barracks), Have been in Syria, Jordan, Gaza, West Bank, and Israel.
After we helped these backward people defeat a superpower military, they started buying weapons from that very country. Guess who they started using those weapons against? The western world.
Last year I took a new job in Athens. I deal with moslems on a regular basis. Most are young college students and have no clue that I understand enough of what they are talking about, with each other, while we do our job. You have zero idea about how the vast majority of moslems feel about this nation. They pray for our destruction. What galls me the most is that these ungrateful worms are here, paid for by US tax dollars to get an education.

Want to debate me?
Fine. Go do a tour in Afghanistan, do some missionary work in Lebanon, go visit Saudi for a month and see whats going on.

Do I sound jaded and bitter.
DAMM RIGHT!

Maybe I just helped, once too often, at putting what was left of someone in a body bag.

I still study their history of conflicts.
As far as a perspective on Moslems.... the only thing they understand is power out of the barrel of a gun. Fact.
BTW, 4.8 million in the us. Most are cabbies, hotel owners, convienience store owners and students, or children. Many are also recruited in our prisons.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I think it's a lot easier for a Christian living in America to defend Muslims/Islam than it would be for a Christian living in some countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia.

However, my whole point of this thread was I honestly believe Hollywood would totally distort Islam to be nothing but peaches an cream. Heck, they'd probably prostylize for Islam even

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

toast wrote: You don't know that and I don't know it. You made a conscious decision to believe the worst.

Guess you never heard of the guy that placed the bomb in NYC, the one in Portland, Or. the underwear bomber oh yeah there's the one that shot up all those soldiers at Ft. Hood......Me thinks you should pull your head out of the toaster and take a look around. Hey Toast....you ever been to the middle east? If not maybe you ought to take a fact finding trip to the KSA...walk around, feel the love then report back on your findings....if you ever come back and not end up on a pisslamic snuff film.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

FIDO wrote:
toast wrote:
FIDO wrote:You're right! I don't get ignorant Americans, like you, at all! They just simply amaze me. Oh well, maybe they or you will be hit with reality one day and knocked out of their/your world of make believe. :lol: :lol: :lol: But I'm not holding out much hope! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Now, go whine to the mod's like your other little whiners on here!!
You know what's funny FIDO? You and a couple others blatantly break the rules on no politics all the time and then turn around and put the BLAME on anyone who calls you out for doing so. You act think you're the victim!

You're right up there with Jesse when it comes to playing the victim card! :lol: :lol: :lol:
VICTIM???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ask the mod's how many times I complain about all the politicial crap being posted by NCF and others! :roll: :roll: :roll: ZERO!!!! You and your boys are the ones whining to the mod's when you can't argue the truth! :roll: :lol: :lol: A victim I am not! Those who have been harmed by RADICAL MUSLIM's, however, can make the claim!!

Bottom line, when you and people like you practice what you preach, then I'll follow suit. Until then, I'll play ya'lls silly game! I'm really starting to believe some on here have serious reading comp issues!
Wrong once again FIDO. I've never emailed a mod about any political post. Not one time. I have made comments on threads about obvious political post and ask why they are allowed. I've pretty much followed the rules, I guess that's too much to ask of some people. :lol: :lol:

Here's what so darn funny. You and others make your negative comments about the "current administration" and their handling of events, knowing full well the comments cross the line. And then turn around and qripe and complain about anyone who points out the comments break the rules. If your going to break the rules on a regular bases then stop your whining when someone calls attention to the fact. Or better yet, here's a novel idea .............just follow the rules. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Here's a post Gahs4ever made on another thread. It's in reference to the Fred Phelps and his group protesting at the funeral of the nine year old girls killed in the shooting in Arizona.

"The idiots and extremists ALWAYS get the attention and everyone else (other Baptists and Christians in general) are lumped together with them in the eyes of those only looking for an excuse to judge."

Many of you are doing a similar thing when it comes to Islam. Your attempting to lump them all together concerning their thoughts and behaviors which is as dishonest as it is inaccurate. But it is encouraging to see some of you admit they are not ALL terrorist. That's a start. :) :) :)

Most Muslims are not even politically active. They just struggle to get by day to day like the rest of us. There are nearly 2 Billion of them on Earth. Their beliefs about Islam are diverse. To state they all want Americans dead or they all hate us is incredibly ignorant.

Return to “The Off season”