Egypt - A Volcano Ready To Erupt!

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Egypt - A Volcano Ready To Erupt!

Post by kantuckyII »

How many others (I know I am) are closely following the situation there? it's funny to me how many Americans honestly think that it's nothing to be concerned about and it's not going to affect them. Boy, I thought yesterday, watching the fires burning, the people protesting...how lucky we are to be Americans! Also, as a Christian, knowing Israel could be possibly faced with seeing another hardcore radical Islamic republican such as Iran being born, I can't help but think this is one more step towards prophecy unfolding before our eyes. With that in mind, I get excited as well as concerned.

In addition, I believe in the immediate, it's going to cause gasoline prices to rise sharply, especially if the world loses the canal

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Re: Egypt - A Volcano Ready To Erupt!

Post by kantuckyII »

I watched them interviewing a former Israeli Ambassador concerning his countries' (Israel) silence on this matter. He said that it was the only approach Israel should take but then, at the end of the interview said, 'one thing is for sure, the future 'ain't' the same anymore'

..........and..how much more unlikely is it that the world or Israel would be taking out Iran's nuclear facilities out?

Good article here On Time Magazine's site expressing the anxiety in Israel

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

One thing is these countries have been able to control a lot of the information and ways people would acquire information. As well as communicate within and outside of the country. Computers,cell phones, facebook, twitter and others have led to better communication with people. So they are not reliant as much on the government. In Egypt they have said the police is corrupt but the army the people trust. This is where the people know there is better out there and see the government is taking more than they should away from them.

This is going to be very interesting to which other countries maybe next to revolt. As well as those people from their countries who live here act. As well as our government. Wonder what Wiki Leaks has on Egypt???

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Interesting developments in Jordan
AMMAN, Jordan -- Jordan's King Abdullah II fired his government Tuesday in the wake of street protests and asked an ex-prime minister to form a new Cabinet, ordering him to launch immediate political reforms.

The dismissal follows several large protests across Jordan-- inspired by similar demonstrations in Tunisia and Egypt -- calling for the resignation of Prime Minister Samir Rifai, who is blamed for a rise in fuel and food prices and slowed political reforms.

A Royal Palace statement said Abdullah accepted Rifai's resignation tendered earlier Tuesday.

The king named Marouf al-Bakhit as his prime minister-designate, instructing him to "undertake quick and tangible steps for real political reforms, which reflect our vision for comprehensive modernization and development in Jordan," the palace statement said.

Al-Bakhit previously served as Jordan's premier from 2005-2007.
and currently it is said that Jordan is:
Islam is the predominant religion in Jordan, and it is the majority religion among both Arabs and non-Arabs. It is the official religion of the country, and approximately 92% of the population is Muslim by religion, primarily of the Sunni branch of Islam. Islamic studies are offered to students but are not mandatory to non-Muslim students. Jordan is an advocate for religious freedom in the region and the world. Religious officials have no part in the government and are not allowed to interfere in the state's affairs.

Not to mention that during today's 'Million Man March' the people of Egypt have flown in the Bangles where they're be performing their smash hit - Walk Like An Egyptian' ;-)

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

FIDO wrote:It's as volatile there, now, as it has ever been. Leave no doubt, Syria and Iran have their hands in the uprising spreading in the Middle East. With Tunisia, Lebanon, Yemen, and Egypt falling, only Jordan remains, preventing Israel from being surrounded by RADICAL MUSLIMs. This is not happen chance. If they don't quell the uprising soon and if the RADICAL MUSLIMS control the Suez Canal, the world as we currently enjoy will be distant memory...Most won't be able to afford a gallon of gasoline.

Otheres can argue the biblical aspect of all of this but there is a true storm rising...I hope cooler heads prevail...I don't have much hope though! THis isn't a power grab or a search for wealth...THis is about the spread of RADICAL ISLAM, fomented by Iran, Syria and others radical regimes throughout the region. IMO
You have hit the nail dead on. Yes, these folks have a legit right to be upset with Mubarik, but this is being stirred way out of control.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Radical Muslim terrorist types have a right to be upset with him as that is why the US backed him and Egypt with money like they have, because, he was hunting them down and stopping them before they could act.

I just read where all American non-essential personal have been ordered to leave Egypt now. For them to have taken this action, you have to think they think this is going to get really ugly, really quick and they maybe know something we don't

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Didn't you see my complete post? ;-)

WHen you got an outfit like this? you know you got a problem, Jordan's King Image

Lord, don't anyone let Tiger Man see this, he'll be ordering him one too!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Awwwhhhh Fido, if I wasn't afraid of it undermining his respect among the troops, I'd put him in that uniform for us all to enjoy ;-)

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Here is a English translation of the Al Qaeda Magazine, "Inspire" pretty crazy stuff

Gotta appreciate their (?) Mission Statement?
"If you have the right to slander the messenger of Allah - we have the right to defend him. If it is part of your freedom of speech to slander Muhammad - it is part of our religion to fight you"
Oh..and how to make a bomb in your kitchen...that offers up the first paragraph (by the way, the instructions on how to do it, wisely, have been removed on this publication)
Can I make an effective bomb that causes damage to the enemy
from ingredients available in any kitchen in the world? The
answer is yes. But before how, we ask why? It is because Allāh جل جلاله
says: So fight in the cause of Allāh; you are not held responsible
except for yourself. And inspire the believers [to join you]
that perhaps Allāh will restrain the [military] might of those
who disbelieve. And Allāh is greater in

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Image Gawl dang, that's a lot of rock in the air, huh? They really need to remove all the stones from their cities in the middle east once this is over.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

I say we need a unilateral ban on rocks in the mid-east. Maybe we should start with sticks and then slowly limit the amount of rocks being held on each side to a reasonable number.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I think not only the amount of rocks need to be negotiated but the size of the rocks and the constitutional make up of the rocks as well. I mean, you know, it would hurt far worse to be hit by one of those creek stones that are the size of a goose egg than a piece of shale.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Check out some of these homemade helmets they've designed and using over there. Comical but better than taking a rock to the head, huh?

ImageImage
ImageImage

More here

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

This deserves it's on posting. I think this might be Biggdowgg?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Image AWESOME PHOTO! from Egypt

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

kantuckyII wrote:This deserves it's on posting. I think this might be Biggdowgg?

Faroukenstein? :(

Return to “The Off season”