Bowling a hook

General Chat
GAHS7462
All Conference

Bowling a hook

Post by GAHS7462 »

Help!!!!!! I'm hooking the ball too much. I'm right handed and I'm throwing it down the right side by the gutter,and it hooking clear past on the left of the head pin. I've tried slowing the ball speed and increasing the speed with not much difference. I have moved to left of middle and throw between front mark and 1st one to right then the ball doesn't hook as much and I hit to the right of the pocket. Any suggestion? The ball I'm using is a Storm 2 furious,reactive. The lanes ate medium/heavy oil.

moose
Varsity

Re: Bowling a hook

Post by moose »

Try releasing the ball in bit later in your delivery.

After the swelling goes down, try releasing the ball not quite so late in your delivery.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

If you do not wear one, get a wrist brace. It will help control the wrist from turning so much.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Where are you starting your approach from and what board are you throwing over.

The ball you are using is for heavy to med oil is that the conditions you are facing?

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Yes they are medium to heavy oil. I've been starting just right of center. Been moving trying to find the right spot.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

GAHS7462 wrote:Yes they are medium to heavy oil. I've been starting just right of center. Been moving trying to find the right spot.
I would move to the far left, use the same spped you are using now and from there move a couple of boards to your right until you are hitting the pocket.

I flaten my wrist out to take some of the hook off of my ball and/or loft the ball a little more.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Lol 4ever. I can control my hook in golf. thxs ncf going up today and work on it.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

CAPTAIN HOOK I PRESUME :122249 :roll:

JUST DON'T LEAVE THE 5 PIN....

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Make sure your Wii remote is properly calibrated.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

I had alot of trouble with the way the ball was drilled. I always seemed to get a new ball drilled for what i wanted it to do but it didn't fit my style or release. With all these reactive balls and different ways of drilling to get different reactions it has made it difficult to figure out.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Yes I've caught myself on an outside in. Worked on it last Thursday. I found my mark,first on rite of center, threw 4 strikes in a row,and a lot of 9's. It's not a Sharp break. Just started bowling a month ago after 25yrs of not bowling.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

ironmen1987 wrote:I had alot of trouble with the way the ball was drilled. I always seemed to get a new ball drilled for what i wanted it to do but it didn't fit my style or release. With all these reactive balls and different ways of drilling to get different reactions it has made it difficult to figure out.
I had the same problem in a mens softball game. I always seemed to get my ball drilled until they became reactive. Now after every pitch they are no where to be found. :122246

Return to “The Off season”