Anti-SB 5 Group has collected more than 714,000 signatures

General Chat
toast
All State

Re: Anti-SB 5 Group has collected more than 714,000 signatur

Post by toast »

The only public polls released on SB 5 have shown wide majorities of Ohio voter in favor of repeal. A Quinnipiac poll from mid-May showed repeal ahead 54%-36%, while a PPP poll from later in May showed repeal winning 55%-35%.

"This signature gathering campaign does not just force a November referendum on the bill. It actually prevents the bill from going into law until the results of the referendum are certified. As such, if the repeal wins in November, which seems likely, then SB 5 will never become law. This is shaping up to become a total defeat for Ohio Governor John Kasich and his union-busting allies."

SB5 is about far more than paying a higher percentage of our retirement. Kasich and his bubbies have thrown everything but the kitchen sink in this bill. It would literally set back workers rights by a few decades.

If you want to talk about an extreme agenda let's talk about what Kasich and the Republicans are doing to Ohio. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Toast,

With the way Kasich and his buddies have added parts of SB5 into the 2 year budget, I just wonder what they will try next if it is repealed in November.

Sad thing is, somebody will be making money(millions?) off both sides, in the attempt to pass/repeal this bill.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I refuse to respond to any of your anti democrat ranting Fido. That is all you know. According to you we are in our current position all because of the D's, right? ... and just to remind you, I am a tax payer also.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Raiderball wrote: ... and just to remind you, I am a tax payer also.
well, kick in a little more will ya..... next thing you know they'll be coming after my welfare check. :razz:

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

FIDO wrote:So, how does anyone propose to balance the budget?
the answer to that one is one i'd like to hear. :shock: :122246 :shock:

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Boonedawg wrote:Make your own jobs don't wait to suckle the public teat. Cops, Firemen and teachers make a good living and probably couldn't handle a production job. Kills me to see the whining by folks that really don't work all that hard when guys busting their arses get nothing but what they REALLY earn. I'd love to take the whole lot of them to work with me and watch them quit before the first day was over.

Very true.Im sure it takes some kind of superpowers to do what you do.Tell us more please....blah,blah,blah

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Boonedawg wrote:
wildthingRV wrote:
Boonedawg wrote:Make your own jobs don't wait to suckle the public teat. Cops, Firemen and teachers make a good living and probably couldn't handle a production job. Kills me to see the whining by folks that really don't work all that hard when guys busting their arses get nothing but what they REALLY earn. I'd love to take the whole lot of them to work with me and watch them quit before the first day was over.

When and where, tough guy?
When and where what? You trying to call me out for stating my opinion? Be darn careful what you ask for...i might not be 3000 miles away right now....tough guy.

Wildthing you sir are messing with the Super human!

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

KVDW wrote:
Raiderball wrote: ... and just to remind you, I am a tax payer also.
well, kick in a little more will ya..... next thing you know they'll be coming after my welfare check. :razz:

Welfare not hardly,but at your age it still is a government check

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Kasich chose his path. He "could have" sat down with the firemen, teachers, prison workers, policemen and other public workers and worked this out. We would have made concessions and sacrifices. Instead he and his good old buddies choose to make them the enemy and scapegoats of a tough economy.
It was a conscious decision. Talk about being vindictive and putting politics ahead of doing what's right. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

As severe as the monetary repercussions will be (and they are severe, over a $6,000 cut of someone making $60,000 according to one study) to public workers as a result of SB5 that's not the worst of it. We could have lived with that. But doing away with collective bargaining is nearly unbelievable!

Collective bargaining has given this country the middle class. Refusing to sit down and have a meaningful discussion - That's what SB5 would give us. I can think of few things more un-American!

Not basing lay-offs on seniority...... opens the process up to the abuses of the past. Merit pay- Based on test scores??? Let me know when they figure out how to do that in a fair and unbiased manner. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And on top of everything Kasich and Republicans have done, they have now added portions of SB5 to the state budget!

Nothing quite like circumventing the will of the voters now is there? I don't think there is anything left this guy could do that would surprise me. Although he sure came close, when he choose to give more money to private schools in the form of vouchers and pays his staff more than Ted Strickland did. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And you and kasich wonder why so many Ohioans are in a Rage? :roll: :roll: :roll:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

toast wrote:Kasich chose his path. He "could have" sat down with the firemen, teachers, prison workers, policemen and other public workers and worked this out. We would have made concessions and sacrifices. Instead he and his good old buddies choose to make them the enemy and scapegoats of a tough economy.
It was a conscious decision. Talk about being vindictive and putting politics ahead of doing what's right. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

As severe as the monetary repercussions will be (and they are severe, over a $6,000 cut of someone making $60,000 according to one study) to public workers as a result of SB5 that's not the worst of it. We could have lived with that. But doing away with collective bargaining is nearly unbelievable!

Collective bargaining has given this country the middle class. Refusing to sit down and have a meaningful discussion - That's what SB5 would give us. I can think of few things more un-American!

Not basing lay-offs on seniority...... opens the process up to the abuses of the past. Merit pay- Based on test scores??? Let me know when they figure out how to do that in a fair and unbiased manner. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And on top of everything Kasich and Republicans have done, they have now added portions of SB5 to the state budget!

Nothing quite like circumventing the will of the voters now is there? I don't think there is anything left this guy could do that would surprise me. Although he sure came close, when he choose to give more money to private schools in the form of vouchers and pays his staff more than Ted Strickland did. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And you and kasich wonder why so many Ohioans are in a Rage? :roll: :roll: :roll:
You haven't heard the worst this guy will be doing

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

You people bellyaching about Kasich are the same ones that said give Obama a chance. :shock:

toast
All State

Post by toast »

A combination of program cuts and tax hikes on the wealthiest Americans.

Look at what's happening in Minnesota right now. The Democratic governor has agreed to a combination of both but the Republicans have walked away unwilling to compromise. Typical my way or the highway mentality from them.

Tax rates are at historic lows right now. Our overall tax burden was higher in 1950 than it is today. The tax rate on the wealthiest hasn't been this low in decades.

With all the tax cuts over the last decade you would think people would start to open their eyes. All the cuts have done is make the rich even richer and drive our country deeper in debt.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

ItownHosscat wrote:
i don't recall anybody asking you a question.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

KVDW wrote:
ItownHosscat wrote:
i don't recall anybody asking you a question.
So you can spout off at anyone you want but no one else can?If you dont like it delete it,I mean have a Moderator delete it.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

ItownHosscat wrote:
ItownHosscat wrote:So you can spout off at anyone you want but no one else can?
just like casey anthony's prosecutor... you need to PROVE your case before you run your mouth.

you don't have the foggiest idea how old i am or where i get my check.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Oh and I can run my mouth,if I so chose.
As long as I follow the rules.Speaking of rules,
I remember when people on here were only allowed to have 1 user name,good thing that changed huh. :lol:

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

well, it's big enough that i could run in it too.

i just read the rules and you must be delusional.

the ONE rule i do remember though is THOU SHALL NOT STEAL. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by KVDW on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

ItownHosscat wrote:
Boonedawg wrote:

Wildthing you sir are messing with the Super human!
Don't you frigging forget it, pusscake.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

KVDW wrote:well, it's big enough that i could run in it too.

i just read the rules and you must be delusional.

the ONE rule i do remember though is THOU SHALL NOT STEAL. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually thats a commandment,and a good one to live by.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

super human?.....Now that is funny!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .............. :12224

Return to “The Off season”