What Happened??

General Chat
starbase_318
Varsity

What Happened??

Post by starbase_318 »

This site/forum was once about people who laughed and poked fun at one another, mixed in with a little serious conversation about a myriad of topics. It has denigrated to nothing more than a site filled with grade school arguments/innuendos. I'm amazed it has continued to the point where many of the brightest were all but ran off. What happened to focused, moose and the many other folks who brought levity to this board? Why? Is the site really better now than it was 4, 5, 6 years ago? Really? Is the site really better without focused, moose, and the many other who rarely post on here now? Oh well, just longing for the good ole days! Wishful thinking, perhaps!

moose
Varsity

Re: What Happened??

Post by moose »

Focused weren't all that bright. :shock:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i gotta say i agree, this used to be my favorite place to play. but you can't even start a topic here now without someone wanting to call you out, or argue with you like they were deprived of whole milk in grade school. or judge you by something in your past.
DON'T JUDGE ME OVER MY PAST, I DON'T LIVE THERE ANYMORE.
that is good medicine for anyone. what the site needs is 1 user name only, that should go for posters, as well as moderators.more strenuous guidelines for the constant trouble makers. it would take a lil effort to clean it up. but i know a heap of posters who don't talk here much anymore because of it. on facebook you at least have to be accountable for what you say, because people know who you are, i know this site is about annonimity. but if you had only 1 user name, then you could be held more accountable. just my humble opinion. YTB.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i gotta say i agree, this used to be my favorite place to play. but you can't even start a topic here now without someone wanting to call you out, or argue with you like they were deprived of whole milk in grade school. or judge you by something in your past.
that is good medicine for anyone. what the site needs is 1 user name only, that should go for posters, as well as moderators.more strenuous guidelines for the constant trouble makers. it would take a lil effort to clean it up. but i know a heap of posters who don't talk here much anymore because of it. on facebook you at least have to be accountable for what you say, because people know who you are, i know this site is about annonimity. but if you had only 1 user name, then you could be held more accountable. just my humble opinion. YTB.

I disagree with that, the problem is that to many people DO KNOW who you are,and it turns into personal attacks, I remember some great times on jjhuddle when no one knew anyone.

truth is, a few people just can not take the smallest of jokes.

as far as facebook, you think people only use one name over there? :|

this site is, what people make of it, you can not please everyone

plus a heap of posters only post during football season,our numbers are still going up, so maybe the problem was "the heap of posters" :mrgreen:

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

I try really hard to avoid personal attacks but it's reached the point where if you disagree with someone it turns ugly fast. The days are gone where you can have a conversation. We are all too proud, to know it all, and too willing to fight. I would be more than happy to say who I am if you want to send me a pm.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I understand that I post controversial (at times) or edgy topics but the difference between me and a few others is, I don't attack them personally for the same. Nor do I send them threats, give them the finger, curse them...call them names etc etc. Hey, I know you're mostly stupid if you don't agree with me but I'm not going to try and make you feel worse about yourself than you probably already do

Now, one of the funniest lines I've ever heard from a movie was in Ghostbusters when Rick Moranis' character explains to his clients at the party he's hosting the reason they're there instead of his friends is so he can write the party off as a business deduction. Which brings me to say.... yeah, you can have only like minded friends and stay on Facebook but there's certain perks for being on here too ;-)

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

kantuckyII wrote:I understand that I post controversial (at times) or edgy topics but the difference between me and a few others is, I don't attack them personally for the same. Nor do I send them threats, give them the finger, curse them...call them names etc etc. Hey, I know you're mostly stupid if you don't agree with me but I'm not going to try and make you feel worse about yourself than you probably already do

Now, one of the funniest lines I've ever heard from a movie was in Ghostbusters when Rick Moranis' character explains to his clients at the party he's hosting the reason they're there instead of his friends is so he can write the party off as a business deduction. Which brings me to say.... yeah, you can have only like minded friends and stay on Facebook but there's certain perks for being on here too ;-)
Really??? You say you don't talk bad about people or call anyone names and then in the next sentence you say we are stupid if we don't agree with you. You are one the reasons a lot of people don't come here anymore and I have heard that from quite a few people.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

biggdowgg wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:i gotta say i agree, this used to be my favorite place to play. but you can't even start a topic here now without someone wanting to call you out, or argue with you like they were deprived of whole milk in grade school. or judge you by something in your past.

I disagree with that, the problem is that to many people DO KNOW who you are,and it turns into personal attacks, I remember some great times on jjhuddle when no one knew anyone.

plus a heap of posters only post during football season,our numbers are still going up, so maybe the problem was "the heap of posters" :mrgreen:
---------------------------------------------------i certainly can take a joke, and that's the great thing about being an american, we all got our own opinions. while i've never attempted to hide my identity. we have had meetings, met at ballgames, dinners, so i don't have a problem with people knowing who i am, or someone else's identity. i knew the one's that asked not to be, and i respect that. not trying to stir up anything, just voiced my opinion.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

what I dont understand if they dont like someone like "Kantucky" why do they always click on his threads? wouldnt it be easier to just not have any discussion with him.

beleive me we get complaints all the time about posters even some you woiuld be surprised anyone diddnt like :shock: ,our response is ALWAYS, STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

tom osborne,jr.---------ozzie(not ozzieohio) but we are dear friends.
class of 1979 ironton high school here.
jeesh, who cares. i just like to have fun here and facebook, and i value differing opinions,
but not personal assaults, i still like to come here. but it gets ugly at times , over nothing. i have nothing to hide, and if this topic does not get out of hand. it can be nothing but good. i have tons of friends i met right here.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:

---------------------------------------------------i certainly can take a joke, and that's the great thing about being an american, we all got our own opinions. while i've never attempted to hide my identity. we have had meetings, met at ballgames, dinners, so i don't have a problem with people knowing who i am, or someone else's identity. i knew the one's that asked not to be, and i respect that. not trying to stir up anything, just voiced my opinion.

I in no way was talking about YOU....LOOK AGAIN, i SAID "FEW PEOPLE" NOT "YOURTIGERBAIT", I only quated what you wrote to expalin a little about my opinion...you said we all could have one :mrgreen: ...I was not talking about you in any of the quote at all,sorry if you took it that way.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:tom osborne,jr.---------ozzie(not ozzieohio) but we are dear friends.
class of 1979 ironton high school here.
jeesh, who cares. i just like to have fun here and facebook, and i value differing opinions,
but not personal assaults, i still like to come here. but it gets ugly at times , over nothing. i have nothing to hide, and if this topic does not get out of hand. it can be nothing but good. i have tons of friends i met right here.

I dont blame you for pointing out you are not OZZIEOHI,that guys a real jerk!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Pointing out I wasn't Ozzieohio would be my first move. Heck, I'd climb up on a roof top and shout it out if I had to! Then again, someone might take (literal) pot shots at me up there

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

brother dawgg, i never took it like you were talking to me at all.i was just making conversation, like everybody else. i got no beef with anybody here, i really don't.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we just have the same nicknames , but i'm older n better looking.

Tiger Lady
SE

Post by Tiger Lady »

who is deleting all the posts????????

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Politics and Religion is what happened, Its turned Everyone agains each other and is Ruining this site..

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tiger Lady wrote:who is deleting all the posts????????

I just checked the logs and it does not show any post deleted from this thread by any mod.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

To Burgrad77....Well, I'll have to ask Matt to give me a bonus then for runnin' off some of the riffraff! ;-) Secondly, did I say you? did I name anyone? ROFL! they don't come here because of me? did you ever think I'm actually working for SEOP and trying to Americanize this board? You might want to!

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

moose wrote:Focused weren't all that bright. :shock:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “The Off season”