Sad news. GAHS 4-Ever passed away this evening.

General Chat
bryanc45
JV Team

Re: Sad news. GAHS 4-Ever passed away this evening.

Post by bryanc45 »

prayers to family from oak hill.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Prayers from Marietta.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

It would seem that GASH and i had at it pretty bad with the browns and bengals thing, But we were friends. We met at some football games and met for lunch and talked for hours about football. He loved his browns. It will be sad not to see his posts this football year. I will miss you steve, I hope god can handle your views on football. Miss you, R.I.P. good friend.
ACE63

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Been away a while and log in to this. Prayers from my family to his.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

This really puts things in perspective. When we spend all our time on hear fighting and name calling cause we don't like this post or that team or that topic, then something likes this happens. Makes me wonder if it would kill us to be nicer to each other...

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I only met Steve a few times but we did talk a lot my pm. this site will never be the same without him. R.I.P. steve

gahs4ever/heart
Waterboy

Post by gahs4ever/heart »

I just wanted to say thank you again.....I read these posts about my dad and I can't help but smile to see what thoughtful caring people dad knew.....it also helps me see that he has made so much of a impression that his memory will live on in our hearts.....from me and my family we appreciate this...God bless

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

gahs4ever/heart wrote:I just wanted to say thank you again.....I read these posts about my dad and I can't help but smile to see what thoughtful caring people dad knew.....it also helps me see that he has made so much of a impression that his memory will live on in our hearts.....from me and my family we appreciate this...God bless
your dad was a good man. i only met him a few times but i'm glad i got to meet him. seops won't be the same without him

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

gahs4ever/heart wrote:I just wanted to say thank you again.....I read these posts about my dad and I can't help but smile to see what thoughtful caring people dad knew.....it also helps me see that he has made so much of a impression that his memory will live on in our hearts.....from me and my family we appreciate this...God bless
I sent you a PM...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

first I have been on in a long time.....Steve was one of the best people you would ever meet...him and I would spend a lot of time on the phone talking and would ALWAYS make sure of a lunch or dinner "alomg with jottings" when ever we would come to each others place for a game he has already been missed as he has not been able to make the games for a while he was liked very well by everyone inPortsmouth and it will be sad not seeing him sitting at the scorers table when we play Gallia .

RIP=GAHS4EVER!

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

I am so sorry to hear that Steve passed away. He was such a nice man and I always enjoyed talking to him when Wheelersburg and Gallia Academy played. I know that I will miss him and I can only imagine what those closer have gone through. I lost my own father this past fall and I especially want to offer my condolences and prayers to his family.

May the perpetual light of God shine upon him!

Dan_Voice of Cavs
Waterboy

Post by Dan_Voice of Cavs »

I've been away from the site since the end of the Cavs' basketball season and had not heard about Steve.
My condolences to Blue Devils Nation.
I enjoyed visiting with Steve everytime I saw him at the gymnasium or stadium. Always a class act! His passion for Gallia was second to none. He was a great asset to the community.
Till we meet again my friend!

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

I always enjoyed reading what this gentleman had to say when my daughter Nikki played. I have lost track of girls sports since she graduated; but I know what a loss this must be for GAHS sports. He was a great man. My prayers are with his family.

#1 softball mom
Waterboy

Post by #1 softball mom »

Blue Angels miss him terribly and if he knew we can't even get scores in our local paper, he would turn over in his grave.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

#1 softball mom wrote:Blue Angels miss him terribly and if he knew we can't even get scores in our local paper, he would turn over in his grave.
Actually, he'd probably turn over in his grave if he knew that the softball program was making no effort whatsoever to get info to the paper - especially since he used to stop by the office on his way home from games to make copies of the book to ensure that stories could be done.

And honestly, this thread should be more about reflecting on Steve in a positive manner - not bringing up assumptions on other things that you don't understand.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Excellent post bdubya!!!

Well said!!!

gahs4ever/heart
Waterboy

I am Steve's daughter and anyone that personally knew dad would know that GAHS sports was his life....after retiring if he wasn't at home chatting on this site then was somewhere in a softball dugout,basketball sidelines,sad even the football pressbox...daddy would be very disappointed that the hard work that the young kids have put into these sports can't make the town newspaper...daddy got so upset one year at football season because of the little paragraghs that they were publishing took a whole 5 seconds to read so he started writting it himself....after every Friday night game he would stay up late to meet the deadline to Make the paper...some nights not getting home until 2 in the morning....not because he had to but because he enjoyed it and he was proud of the kids and wanted there hard work to shine!!! That was who my father was! !!!!!

gahs4ever/heart
Waterboy

How quickly a year goes by.....but never forgotten :(

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

My condolences to his friends and family. I only met Steve once at a tourney game in Athens and he really knew his basketball.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Everytime I post something about the Reds I think of Steve.

Return to “The Off season”