Chick Fil A changes course - no longer opposes gay rights

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Re: Chick Fil A changes course - no longer opposes gay right

Post by kantuckyII »

the Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect — regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender.
Now, here's where people like Abuck just don't get it. You can treat people with respect, dignity and honor while still embracing what God says about what they're doing is wrong. You can still be opposed to legalized gay marriage and respect persons who are caught up in this

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

wink wrote:The subject title of this discussion is not only misleading but is an outright lie.

"Chick Fil A changes course - no longer opposes gay rights"
Abuck?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm reminds me of that old joke...

One Halloween night a guy was driving to a costume party dressed as Satan during a raging thunderstorm. He could hardly see as he drove out this country road for the driving rain when suddenly, his car died. He edged it to the side of the road and tried to start it again, nothing doing. He looked around, and about a couple hundred yards away he saw a little country church with the lights on and cars in the lot. He jumped out of his vehicle and started running to the door and when he reached it...he threw it open and at that time, there was a huge clap of lightning!

.............the church lights blinked and came back on. Those sitting in the church pews turned and what did they see? Satan...Satan himself!....standing in the doorway! Everyone screamed, leaped out of their seats and started running towards the back exit. Our little Devil, not knowing what is going on, started running in the same direction when before him a little old lady fell to her feet. He stopped to help her up and she, trembling in fear looked up and said, "Oh...please, Mr. Devil, don't hurt me! I know I've been a member of this church for the last 40 years but I've been on your side the whole time!"

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

And you call YOURSELF a Christian........You are an example tuck of why many people across the world do not like Christians.........You are an example of the people that kept me away from Christ until I was 38.........But now I realize you and your ilk do not represent the Christ I know..........I can not change that.......That is o.k............I will continue seek HIM even more, and suggest you simply begin to seek HIM..............Now, I will await your attempt at telling me I am wrong and you are right................Once again, I am not here to try and convince you about anything..........I seek a deeper understanding of HIM.................I simply advise you do the same.......... :12224

FlyingBuckeye3
Riding the Bench

Post by FlyingBuckeye3 »

So when are liberals going to start boycotting Hilton Hotels too? Don't stop at just Chick-Fil-A.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

John 15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

abuck76 wrote:And you call YOURSELF a Christian........You are an example tuck of why many people across the world do not like Christians.........You are an example of the people that kept me away from Christ until I was 38.........But now I realize you and your ilk do not represent the Christ I know..........I can not change that.......That is o.k............I will continue seek HIM even more, and suggest you simply begin to seek HIM..............Now, I will await your attempt at telling me I am wrong and you are right................Once again, I am not here to try and convince you about anything..........I seek a deeper understanding of HIM.................I simply advise you do the same.......... :12224
ROFL! you big whinny butt...everyone feel sorry for Abuck yet?

If you want to understand Him, then, first of all, you can find out all about Him from the one and only source, The Holy Bible. You have rejected the Biblical Jesus - just recently, you've embraced a silly claim that some obscure ancient writing (that now is being investigated to be simply a fake) that claimed Jesus had a wife and then asked what was wrong with that?!!! Heck, even the woman who brought it to the public's eye has said, "that doesn't mean that Jesus had a wife, simply that someone, two hundred years later for some reason thought He had a wife" You have created your own God. You continually take stands that are against the scriptures, substituting God's moral laws with your own. Do I and have I always acknowledged them by my own actions? NO! that is why I needed me a Savior! because I couldn't keep the Laws of God!

Jesus, who had been with His Father for all eternity, left His heavenly home, laid aside His glory that He always had, took upon Himself the flesh of a man and was born of an earthly mortal woman - lived 33 years..in a completely sinless existence, died on a cross for sins He never done, laid His Own Blood on the Mercy Seat and said 'it is finished' and once and for all sat down beside the Father! He WILL come again in the same like manner that He left. That IS the Jesus you say you're seeking but continue to reject.

Now, as far as this thread that I did NOT start, again, Chick Fil A and everyone can take the stand that homosexual marriage is wrong but still treat those who embrace such a thing as people whom Christ loved and died for but it still doesn't change the fact that it's wrong.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Whiney butt?...really?... :lol: :lol: :lol: ..tuck you are so funny............And ironman, thanks for the scripture..........I do not believe I see anywhere in those scriptures anything about homosexuality.............hmmmm............ :12224

Bear
Freshman Team

Post by Bear »

I honestly believe that kantucky is an agent of the devil who uses Christianity and twists its word to turn people away from god.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Interesting point bear.......you may be on to something............ :12224

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Lol at u both lol

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Bear wrote:I honestly believe that kantucky is an agent of the devil who uses Christianity and twists its word to turn people away from god.
You are right here my man

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Is the devil going to call you home tuck, now that you have been outed?............ :12224

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

I always knew that bucky couldn't read Tuck. Now we have the proof :122249

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

ironmen1987 wrote:I always knew that bucky couldn't read Tuck. Now we have the proof :122249
Is he really just trying to be cute? Can't get much clearer than what you posted

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

If you will, could you point it out where it mentions homosexuality.......I see boasters..disobedient children, but homosexuality or FORNICATION between men or between two women is not mentioned, .........please...pretty please... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

Is there anyone besides Abuck, Tuck, and myself that read the verses from Romans I posted that would stand in agreement with Abuck and his feeling that homosexuality is not mentioned? While I'm sure he will respond, I'm not interested in his opinion as he had his chance to voice it and choose instead to brush it off. I am however curious to see if anyone else reads it and feels the same way..... :?:

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

I did not brush it off.........Where does it mention homosexuality?..........Does it mention two women together?.......No......It mentions many things that are bad........But no where in the bible does Jesus ever say anything about homosexuality.............Mentions greed quite a bit though..........All people should be equal no matter their religious , political or ethical beliefs.........Marriage is and always will be secular........It is only religious if you choose........I am not saying, nor have I ever said, you do not have the right to believe two men or two women living together as a married unit is wrong..IN YOUR OPINION....But do not think so much of yourself to think you speak for everyone.........Marriage between two loving people is between those two loving people.......Until they say everyone has to get married in a church, we have secular marriage, and religion must be left out of the equation........... :12224

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Agree - who issues marriage licenses? Secular government - not churches!
Any church/religion can refuse to perform a marriage ceremony or sanction it.
But NO religion can make rules/laws/beliefs enforceable on all the rest of us.

My guess is they haven't "changed course" at all - they're just not saying it out loud anymore. By "they", I mean upper management and owners - not the people who work there and serve you - employees don't make the rules they abide by.
I rarely eat out, and NEVER there. I'm sorry for those who depend on jobs there.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Who's idea was marriage to start with? God - It was His concept

Two people of the same sex cannot be marriage, again, a small child knows that.

Return to “The Off season”