Really dumb things said

General Chat
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Really dumb things said

Post by noreply66 »

If you are not electing Christians, then in essence you are going to legislate sin.

Former Rep. Katherine Harris [R-FL] in 2006 interview. Harris who, as Florida's secretary of state, helped Bush prevail in the 2000 recount, also called the separation of church and state "a lie" and said, " God is the one who chooses our rulers."

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Bryce wrote:Just for starters, and one does not have to dig very deep into the posts to find them......Check your Dan Quayle quotes. Many were written by humor writers......some were for Mad Magazine. Check them through Snopes.

Others are misquotes from him. Also check them through Snopes.

Some others were quoted from other people, but contributed to Quayle. Check them through Snopes.

There several others that are from humor writers, misquoted or never stated by the people you posted that are incorrect, but at this time I do not have the time to go back through them all again. That is something you can to do that should have been done the first time around. And by the way...use Snopes.
What's the big deal?? Why dig any of it up? What is so important to prove, to investigate? Why be skeptical? They are funny regardless. At least he takes the time to put them on here. Keep them coming Noreply, everyone deserves a little laughter to get the day started.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I am in control here. As of now, I am in control here in the White House.

Secretary of State Alexander Haig, attempting to take charge after president Reagan was shot on march 30,1981, unaware that he was actually fourth in the line of succession.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

"And let me say in conclusion, thanks for the kids. I learned an awful lot about bathtub toys.......about how to work the telephone. One guy knows...........several of them know their own phone numbers....... preparation to go to the dentist. A lot of things I'd forgotten. So it's been a good day.'

George H. W. Bush, visiting a Head Start center in 1992

Bryce
Freshman Team

Post by Bryce »

Trenchfoot wrote: What's the big deal?? Why dig any of it up? What is so important to prove, to investigate? Why be skeptical? They are funny regardless. At least he takes the time to put them on here. Keep them coming Noreply, everyone deserves a little laughter to get the day started.
It's just dumb to post something that was never stated. And no....they are NOT funny if they are not true.... But it is funny since it makes the poster look foolish because he believes it.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Bryce wrote:
Trenchfoot wrote: What's the big deal?? Why dig any of it up? What is so important to prove, to investigate? Why be skeptical? They are funny regardless. At least he takes the time to put them on here. Keep them coming Noreply, everyone deserves a little laughter to get the day started.
It's just dumb to post something that was never stated. And no....they are NOT funny if they are not true.... But it is funny since it makes the poster look foolish because he believes it.
Theres a flip side to that coin. Posters that are picky and run other posters post's under a microscope looks foolish also. :122245

Bryce
Freshman Team

Post by Bryce »

Trenchfoot wrote: Theres a flip side to that coin. Posters that are picky and run other posters post's under a microscope looks foolish also. :122245
Thanks for pointing out that you are foolish by doing exactly that, but we already knew it.

No need for me to use a microscope to point out the errors. They were plain to see. Anyone with common sense could see it.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Bryce wrote:
Trenchfoot wrote: Theres a flip side to that coin. Posters that are picky and run other posters post's under a microscope looks foolish also. :122245
Thanks for pointing out that you are foolish by doing exactly that, but we already knew it.

No need for me to use a microscope to point out the errors. They were plain to see. Anyone with common sense could see it.
Who's we?? I've got enough common sense and manners not to bash somebody's post's in front of everyone. The man is just trying to put some humor on here. And it is putting it under a microscope per say, or going over his post's with a fine tooth comb. Why pick? :122249

Bryce
Freshman Team

Post by Bryce »

Does it matter who "we" are. I know for a fact that it is more than just me....lol. As for using fine tooth comb...it was not needed. My toothless comb found them the errors the first time I went over them. No microscope was needed. Made up quotes are not humorous

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

No, "we" doesn't matter. Because i could careless. So, your toothless comb found them? Thats still picking. How many cookies do you want for your great find? No more being said.

Bryce
Freshman Team

Post by Bryce »

Thats it. When you can't keep up, you run away. How typical. No "picking" involved. Even a blind man could spot those lies.
Last edited by Bryce on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

These [prisons] are beautiful properties with basketball courts, bathrooms facilities, toilet facilities. many young people would love to get the hell out of cities.

Carl Paladino, failed Tea party-backed GOP candidate for governor in New York, describing his idea to transform prisons into dorms for welfare recipients--2010

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

You don't know how to lie. If you can't lie, you'll never go anywhere.

Richard Nixon, giving advice to a political associate.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:-D

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I was under medication when I made the decision to burn the tapes.

Richard Nixon

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Well, what I want them to know is just like, John Wayne was from Waterloo, Iowa. That's the kind of spirit that I have, too.

Rep. Michele Bachman, getting her John Wayne mixed up during an interview after launching her presidential campaign in Waterloo, Iowa.

John Wayne was from Winterset, Iowa and John Wayne Gacy was from Waterloo, Iowa

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Rail as they will about ...discrimination, women are simply not endowed by nature with the same measures of single-minded ambition and the will to succeed in the fiercely competitive world of Western capitalism.

Pat Buchanan

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:I was under medication when I made the decision to burn the tapes.

Richard Nixon
:122245

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

This is one of the most intellectually gifted presidents we've had.

Karl Rowe on George W. Bush

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The really rich people figure out how to dodge taxes anyway.

George W. Bush in 2004, explaining why high taxes on the rich are a failed strategy.

Return to “The Off season”