Away In A Closet? Manger Is Offensive?

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Re: Away In A Closet? Manger Is Offensive?

Post by kantuckyII »

If you were not always wanting to fight God you would understand that you misunderstood the nature of this thread.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

I do understand your intolerance very much so.................The manger is offensive to some people.........That is why our framers created the document they did.........You want to get rid us of our constitution.......That is never going to happen......Practice your religion as you see fit.....simply do not ask everyone else to sanction it....... It can not be made more simple for you....... :12224

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

And one day, you can explain to someone who will want to know why you would not allow an image of His Son to be placed as a witness to the world of God's Gift to mankind. They are about their Father's business. Who's business are you about?

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

kantuckyII wrote:His Son to be placed as a witness to the world of God's Gift to mankind
Place it anywhere you wish, except publicly funded property........I want my religion to not be controled by Government, and you do......I am trying to protect religion and you advocate regulation by the government.......tsk tsk .......... :12224

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

As I said, they are about their father's business, whose business are you about? Their feet are beautiful, what do your feet look like?

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

abuck76 wrote:
Place it anywhere you wish, except publicly funded property........I want my religion to not be controled by Government,

University of Michigan Installing Foot-Washing Basins for Muslim Students

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tax Dollars to Pay for Muslim Foot Washing Stations at University

etc.
etc.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OUTRAGE ???????

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Hey Tuck.. I appreciate your taking a stance for our Lord Jesus Christ...
and btw... you have the bible backing what you say.. That's all that matters..

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

"The footbaths may be used by other students for any reason."

I'd use them as a urinal and take a whiz in them every time i passed one of them.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Of course you would as youare an intolerant person ,rube..........And tuck my feet look fine........... :12224

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

Focused wrote:Hey Tuck.. I appreciate your taking a stance for our Lord Jesus Christ...

I know of nowhere in the Bible that says governments must put up religious displays. The topic speaks to the removal of a religious display.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

abuck76 wrote:Of course you would as youare an intolerant person ,rube..........
VERY !!
where is your (selective) outrage about the footbaths being built on public property??

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Dinocrocetti wrote:

I know of nowhere in the Bible that says governments must put up religious displays. The topic speaks to the removal of a religious display.
the three wisemen were public employees that came to worship the baby Jesus.

they were firemen and were on duty when they heard the news.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

“Our policy is to object whenever public funds are spent on any brick and mortar component of religion,” said Kary Moss, director of the Michigan Civil Liberties Union. “What makes this different, though, is that the footbaths themselves can be used by anyone, don’t have any symbolic value and are not stylized in a religious way. They’re in a regular restroom, and could be just as useful to a janitor filling up buckets, or someone coming off the basketball court, as to Muslim students.” .....Sounds like there is nothing special about these facilities.......... :12224

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/07/educa ... wanted=all

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Focused wrote:Hey Tuck.. I appreciate your taking a stance for our Lord Jesus Christ...
Thank you brother, that means a lot coming from you!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Dinocrocetti wrote:

NO, the topic ACTUALLY speaks of the absurdity of celebrating Christmas (as a national/state etc etc whatever) Holiday but not being willing to acknowledge in Who's Name and what it's about. The Birth Of Jesus!

Now, one can walk by and say...there's a doll in there that represents baby Jesus...it doesn't force them to worship or receive Him. It doesn't necessarily reflect that He was God incarnate...just that He was born and where He was born at

Federal
December 25 Christmas Day A worldwide holiday that celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ. Popular aspects of the holiday include decorations, emphasis on family togetherness, and gift giving. Designated a federal holiday by Congress and President Ulysses S. Grant in 1870.
State (Ohio)
•Christmas Day – Tuesday, December 25, 2012

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

The absurdity just goes on and on and on and on...
“A Charlie Brown Christmas” has been a holiday TV classic for years. So when students at Terry Elementary School in Little Rock, Ark., were invited on a class field trip to see a performance of the show this December, they were excited. But their excitement was quickly quenched when a parent complained — an atheist group got wind of the outing and called it a “violation of religious freedom” because it contains some religious content and will be performed at a church.

The school sent a letter home to the parents detailing the field trip and letting them know that it did, indeed, contain a small amount of religious content, but that any child who wished not to go could be exempt from attending. The outing also included a food drive for area food pantries, which parents hope students will not miss out on if the outing is cancelled.
The list goes on. In 2011 in Stockton, the school district warned teachers not to put up any poinsettias, Christmas trees or other decorations that would be considered festive, just to make sure they did not offend anyone.

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

So it's not in the Bible? Right? Just trying to keep everyone on topic:)

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

It always seems to me what you want to do is to create division. But, what are you talking about?

Should we ban any mention of Pharoah because he is in the Bible? King David? Solomon? Herod? All biblical figures or at least figures mentioned in the Bible?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Dinocrocetti wrote:So it's not in the Bible? Right? Just trying to keep everyone on topic:)
I love the way you run it here, make a silly comment comment you cannot back up. Then you just disappear when confronted with truth and reason

toast
All State

Post by toast »

abuck76 wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:His Son to be placed as a witness to the world of God's Gift to mankind
Place it anywhere you wish, except publicly funded property........I want my religion to not be controled by Government, and you do......I am trying to protect religion and you advocate regulation by the government.......tsk tsk .......... :12224

I once again agree with aback. And I am a Christian. Religion is a personal matter that the government should not be trying to mandate or force on anyone. Freedom of religion should apply to everyone not just the majority or the religion I follow.

Return to “The Off season”