School Safety, What I Would Do

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

School Safety, What I Would Do

Post by kantuckyII »

You can't enter a federal courthouse today without passing through a metal detector and providing an ID. Why not do the same thing to with schools in America? it wouldn't cost anymore to have armed security at each school than it would to add another teachers. I'd install dbl doors, the second set, the guard/guards would have to buzz you through. He/she could have an assistant to help them with their duties. Before they were buzzed through, you'd know they weren't armed

I'd also pick up qualified teachers, a handful who I'd arm. Israel does it, all their teachers are armed. Every school has a few teachers who would be willing and mentally and physically capable of carrying out duties like this.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Re: School Safety, What I Would Do

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

make some of these high paid admin. watch the doors so we can get a days work out of them

Kentucky Trojan
SE

mustang_lvr wrote:make some of these high paid admin. watch the doors so we can get a days work out of them
What is "high paid admin." to you?

How much?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:
mustang_lvr wrote:make some of these high paid admin. watch the doors so we can get a days work out of them
What is "high paid admin." to you?

How much?

How about these? An avg salary of $94,000 is a high paid admin to me.

And yet the basic pay for a Staff Sgt with 6 years experience is $34,000.

Doesn't seem right, does it??

http://www1.salary.com/School-Principal-Salary.html

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

These are schools not prisons, so I don't know if armed guards are the answer but who knows. I agree with the salaries, most make around 85-110 thousand. Pay no insurance, no retirement, free cell plan, gas cards, and other perks that don't show up under their 10 month contrat. If an admin. Or teacher is asked to carry a weapon, they too will want more compensation. School safety should be a priority but I'am afraid people will quit talking about it in a few months.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:How about these? An avg salary of $94,000 is a high paid admin to me.

And yet the basic pay for a Staff Sgt with 6 years experience is $34,000.

Doesn't seem right, does it??

http://www1.salary.com/School-Principal-Salary.html
$94,000 would be an amount for an upper-level administrator at most medium to large school districts.

Nobody forced the Staff Sergeant to choose his direction in life.

hmmmmm

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

The $94,000 was the avg. Some were paid up to $138,000.

And yes, no one forced a man to sacrifice while defending his country. It just doesn't seem right school officials and politicians who sit in comfy offices make $60,000 to $100,000 more a year that someone who is defending our country and our rights.

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

Military pay can be deceiving if you don't take into account the allowances. I'm not trying to be argumentative but want to point out there are additional pay/allowances not factor into basic pay.

For instance, an E-5 SSgt's base pay is approximately $3,000. This same SSgt, if living in Dayton, would make an additional $1000 a month for housing. The BAH allowance amount is dependent on locale. But, it will be in the $1000.00 a month range. Additionally, each member receives over $300.00 a month for substance. Military folks serving in war zones will receive additional allowances, tax free zone, etc..,and combined, this total will reach well over $1000.00 per month.

An avg SSgt/E-5 makes approximately $50,000.00 annually (gross), depending on dependent status and whether or not in a war zone and when all pay/allowances are factored.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:The $94,000 was the avg. Some were paid up to $138,000.

And yes, no one forced a man to sacrifice while defending his country. It just doesn't seem right school officials and politicians who sit in comfy offices make $60,000 to $100,000 more a year that someone who is defending our country and our rights.
Obviously this E-5 did not have the education necessary and/or desire to go into the education field and became a 6-figure school administrator...

...supply and demand...

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:The $94,000 was the avg. Some were paid up to $138,000.

Obviously this E-5 did not have the education necessary and/or desire to go into the education field and became a 6-figure school administrator...

...supply and demand...

100% tuition paid while on active duty, 30 days paid vacation annually, free dental/medical (affordable copays for family members), state fo the art gym facilities, hundreds of job/experience opportunities, etc...Lots of reasons for members to join the military. SEE YOUR RECRUITER TODAY!! :mrgreen:

Sorry, I'm off topic...I've been like a broken record but if we don't address the root cause of the issue we'll never prevent/stop the senseless death of our children. You can somewhat mitigate the level of destruction but you won't prevent it from occurring through the ban of weapons.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Armed guard in each school is the answer.

Period!

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:Armed guard in each school is the answer.

Period!
give us your whole plan for this guy/gal. what would you arm him with ? where would you station him or would he be roaming ?
what would be his criteria for engaging with fire? kill the first person he sees with a weapon or wait 'til the alleged intruder fires first?
etc. etc.

what do you do if you get an encroachment alarm at the front and rear entrances at the same time?

the plan i heard the other day was in order to facilitate an easy get-away, the shooter was going to remain outside the building and perch himself on the grassy knoll and fire his semi-automatic 30-06 throught the windows into the crowded auditorium during an assembly. are you going to be able to handle him before he kills a dozen or more ?

pretend you are the armed guard, what is your plan for the day ?

what's your over all plan ??

Kentucky Trojan
SE

KVDW wrote:

Period!
give us your whole plan for this guy/gal. what would you arm him with ? where would you station him or would he be roaming ?
what would be his criteria for engaging with fire? kill the first person he sees with a weapon or wait 'til the alleged intruder fires first?
etc. etc.

what do you do if you get an encroachment alarm at the front and rear entrances at the same time?

the plan i heard the other day was in order to facilitate an easy get-away, the shooter was going to remain outside the building and perch himself on the grassy knoll and fire his semi-automatic 30-06 throught the windows into the crowded auditorium during an assembly. are you going to be able to handle him before he kills a dozen or more ?

I was going to tell you until I read your "grassy knoll" comment...

:lol:

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:
KVDW wrote:

Period!
etc. etc.

I was going to tell you until I read your "grassy knoll" comment...

:lol:

nice cop-out.
being so adamant about having an armed guard at each school, (PERIOD), i figured surely you must have a fool-proof plan to protect the kids...... but i guess not.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

KVDW wrote:nice cop-out.
being so adamant about having an armed guard at each school, (PERIOD), i figured surely you must have a fool-proof plan to protect the kids...... but i guess not.
I do...but, you had to add the JFK conspiracy spoof...

...if you asked nicely, then I would tell you what I would do as a school administrator...

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

What about outside recess for kids? This is the perfect time for someone to take advantage of many kids in an open area. From a close range to long distance.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

farmer wrote:What about outside recess for kids? This is the perfect time for someone to take advantage of many kids in an open area. From a close range to long distance.
Yes, it is...

let's ban recess...

;-)

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Great way to punish kids and teachers by baning recess.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

farmer wrote:Great way to punish kids and teachers by baning recess.
Let's build a 50 football lead wall around the playground...

:roll:

Return to “The Off season”