NRA Membership Soaring - Challenge - Who Else Will Sign Up?

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

NRA Membership Soaring - Challenge - Who Else Will Sign Up?

Post by kantuckyII »

IN MY OPINION - lawmakers who are really interested in curbing gun violence should work --->>>WITH<<<---- The NRA instead of against them. Let the NRA help solve ways to protect LAW ABIDING SANE PERSONS from EVIL men (and women) with guns and other weapons. I believe there could be more meaninful changes working with the NRA rather than fighting them. People like Bloomburg have NO business in this dialogue. They have already expressed a desire to see all American's rights taken away. He lives in a dream world that isn't reality.
NRA Sees Huge Spike in Membership After Sandy Hook Massacre; Numbers Said to ‘Dwarf Past Trends’

Though it has remained largely silent since the horrific school shooting in Newtown, Conn. last week, the National Rifle Association has reportedly registered about 8,000 new members a day since the tragedy.

An NRA source tells Fox News that, based an internal memo prepared by the group’s membership division, the number of individual contributions to the NRA and the average amount given have spiked significantly in the time since the shooting.

“While this broadly aligns with trends seen after similar incidents in the past, the surge in membership this time is said to dwarf past trends,” Fox News reports.

The NRA in a statement on Tuesday said it would have a news conference to answer questions Friday, the one-week anniversary of the shootings.

“The National Rifle Association of America is made up of 4 million moms and dads, sons and daughters, and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the horrific and senseless murders in Newtown,” the statement said. “The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again.”

“Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting.”

Additionally, Fox News, citing a source close to the situation, recently reported that the NRA would soon begin to “push back” against gun control activists.

Gun sales have also increased dramatically after the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.
Last edited by kantuckyII on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: NRA Membership Soaring

Post by dazed&confused »

kantuckyII wrote: Let the NRA help solve ways to protect LAW ABIDING SANE PERSONS from EVIL men (and women) with guns and other weapons. I believe there could be more meaninful changes working with the NRA rather than fighting them.
Sure! Their Solution- ARM EVERYBODY! :lol:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

...and having said that, I have to admit, my membership expired a couple of years ago and I neglected to renew it. I just did, and I wished that you all would too. Our rights could be taken away from us all soon. 89 million law abiding, decent and sane Americans could have their rights taken away over a few

Go here, http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg in the left hand column, click 'Membership' and fill out the application. You can do so online and it's only 35 bucks for a year membership.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

What a waste of $35.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

kantuckyII wrote:...and having said that, I have to admit, my membership expired a couple of years ago and I neglected to renew it. I just did, and I wished that you all would too. Our rights could be taken away from us all soon. 89 million law abiding, decent and sane Americans could have their rights taken away over a few

Go here, http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg in the left hand column, click 'Membership' and fill out the application. You can do so online and it's only 35 bucks for a year membership.
Or you could donate that $35 to one of these:

http://guilford.patch.com/articles/upda ... s-e04dba8a

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Re: NRA Membership Soaring - Challenge - Who Else Will Sign

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Or you could buy $35 worth of ammo.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I'd like to see at least another half dozen sign up...

....look who's already on here making remarks...do you really want people like Nybuckeyes running this country?! NO! HECK NO! do something about it...let's form together, there is strength in numbers!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

dazed&confused wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:...and having said that, I have to admit, my membership expired a couple of years ago and I neglected to renew it. I just did, and I wished that you all would too. Our rights could be taken away from us all soon. 89 million law abiding, decent and sane Americans could have their rights taken away over a few

LOOKIE HERE! here's one of them hippies who's wanting to blame the innocent for the guilty!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

So 8,000 old white guys per day are signing up. Good times. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

kantuckyII wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:

LOOKIE HERE! here's one of them hippies who's wanting to blame the innocent for the guilty!
DUDE!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:So 8,000 old white guys per day are signing up. Good times. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Little fellar, if you don't want white guys running anything, why don't you leave the country and get your utopia right now? Zimbawee? Mexico? Iran? Kenya? Afghanistan? I mean, seriously, whatever floats your boat. Heck, you could get rid of white people all together.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

kantuckyII wrote:
NYBuckeye96 wrote:So 8,000 old white guys per day are signing up. Good times. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Little fellar, if you don't want white guys running anything, why don't you leave the country and get your utopia right now? Zimbawee? Mexico? Iran? Kenya? Afghanistan? I mean, seriously, whatever floats your boat. Heck, you could get rid of white people all together.

No thanks. I'm a proud American and I'm proud of the direction this country is headed on virtually every issue I care about the most. USA! USA! USA!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

There's white gals signing up too there ole' buddy..I knew several...

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

kantuckyII wrote:

NRA membership today vs. NRA membership 20 years from now. Can't wait to see those stats.

Oh the times they are a changin'! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Well, lol, they're growing at 8,000 a day...I don't know that it'll continue at that pace but....

...that's 2,920,000 new members a year..so in 20 years..they'll have 58,400,000 new members.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

kantuckyII wrote:Well, lol, they're growing at 8,000 a day...I don't know that it'll continue at that pace but....

...that's 2,920,000 new members a year..so in 20 years..they'll have 58,400,000 new members.

Not really. Most will die of old age in the next 20 years.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:

NRA membership today vs. NRA membership 20 years from now. Can't wait to see those stats.

LOL... those 8,000 old white guys and gals and their children are signing up today to ensure that people like you don't even see the sun rise 20 years from now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

ROFL

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:

No thanks. I'm a proud American and I'm proud of the direction this country is headed on virtually every issue I care about the most. USA! USA! USA!
Revolution.....it is a comin'...

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:

Revolution...it is a comin'...

Return to “The Off season”