My Hat Off Standing Ovation - The Good People Of Jackson

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Re: My Hat Off Standing Ovation - The Good People Of Jackso

Post by kantuckyII »

I agree with Dino on this one. I don't know why you can't have a picture of God but you can have a picture of the devil. Not only can you have a picture of him or likeness you can actually have him as being the mascot of the children.

Then again, who could argue that Satan wasn't one of the driving forces within the ACLU today?

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

It was announced yesterday that Liberty Institute's lawyers are now involved, and working pro bono.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

The ACLU ...... http://www.aclu.org/ ........................ :12224

" Because Freedom Can Not Protect Itself"

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

abuck76 wrote:The ACLU ...... http://www.aclu.org/ ........................ :12224

ACLU biggest jokes on the planet they are about as bad as the good reverends Jesse and Al.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Oak Hill students now decorating their lockers in support.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

That is wonderful, but should we not be teaching our children about Government in school and religion at home and in church?......... The Constitution absolutely must be upheld......... :12224

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

abuck76 wrote:The ACLU ...... http://www.aclu.org/ ........................ :12224

I thought that was the Marines job. :mrgreen:

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Them too.. :lol: ................ :12224

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

It's pretty simple. Religion belongs in churches and synagogues. Public schools are secular!

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Yeup.............. :12224

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I took a history class in college and my professor had dug at numerous sites in the middle east. One book he told us that was of great value was the Bible because of the historical significnce of it. They have a picture of one of the most historically significant people in the world on their wall yet the the great intellectual liberals cant stand it. They will push their homosexual agenda, their anti governemnt agenda, and drug agenda on oyur children. Their teachers will try to brainwash our children yet they cry foul when the children fight back. Its a sad day to see how far our country has fallen under the so called tolerant liberals.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

The so-called tolerant liberals are fighting to keep our Constitution the way the Framers intended.............We want you to worship..If YOU want.........We want you to have a holy book and read it and study it..If YOU want.........We want you to have icons of your Holy Diety...If YOU want...........But as the Framers wanted, do not force it on people who do not believe the way you do about religion.............Pretty simple..........Liberals understand those ideas, liberals understand the Framers and they understand their intent............. :12224

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Whos forcing religion? Its a picture on a wall given to the school by a group of students. That is allowed under the law.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

If their are students, and evidently there are, that are offended by that picture because of its religious connotation, then it is not allowable........You want to force religion and their beliefs onto everyone..........The Framers understood there would be people like you, so they said no to any religion backed in any way by the Government..........This is really pretty simple stuff...... :12224

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Right pretty simple the Supreme Court has said student led religion in schools are fine. As long as the school itself is not involved then its ok. If the school had placed it there this would be a different story, but since a class donated it is fine to have it. Very simple stuff if you look at previous cases.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

We shall see....... :12224

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

abuck76 wrote:If their are students, and evidently there are, that are offended by that picture because of its religious connotation, then it is not allowable........You want to force religion and their beliefs onto everyone..........The Framers understood there would be people like you, so they said no to any religion backed in any way by the Government..........This is really pretty simple stuff...... :12224
If one doesn't accept Christ as the Creato,r then no one could deny His historical importance as nothing or anyone changed this planet as His 3 1/2 year ministry or mission. His likeness, as imagined by an artist, is of historical importance, there is no reason to remove it

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

If it used in that context.....Here it is not........It is hanging on a railing in an area for everyone to see.........Hang up other pictures of other religious leaders, Muhhamed, Buddha, Krishna, Allah, Zeus, etc., then we can talk...................... :12224

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

abuck76 wrote:If it used in that context.....Here it is not........It is hanging on a railing in an area for everyone to see.........Hang up other pictures of other religious leaders, Muhhamed, Buddha, Krishna, Allah, Zeus, etc., then we can talk...................... :12224
Liberals are the "politics of choice".

If the people of the school district choose for other pictures, then I agree.

However, they choose only to show Jesus Christ.

Selective choice!!!!

Typical liberalism!!!

Return to “The Off season”