Walmart Hiring

General Chat
BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Walmart Hiring

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Channel 3 news reports Wally World will hire over 100,000 veterans over the next 5 years................

F-4 Phantom, better get your application in.......I think u would be a great looking Greeter with your cowboy hat on..... :)

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Re: Walmart Hiring

Post by F-4 Phantom »

They'll have to work around my 1600 staff meetings! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

F-4 Phantom wrote:They'll have to work around my 1600 staff meetings! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I was pretty excited to see how they're going to attempt to offer more American made goods. The last couple years I've been really paying more particular attention to that and noticed that I can find a lot of stuff there that is made in America.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

kantuckyII wrote:I was pretty excited to see how they're going to attempt to offer more American made goods. The last couple years I've been really paying more particular attention to that and noticed that I can find a lot of stuff there that is made in America.
Here's an issue we can agree on. I've always thought there should be a more prominent display (satndard logo) on products made in America. I think the gov't could develop a program promoting these products. And I think there ought to be tight restrictions on what can be considered "Made in America." You would have to submit your products in order to get the "American" seal. It's not protectionism, just good business and good for the economy.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Better watch out Abuck will be down there protesting that foreigner's are getting screwed ... MD

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I wonder how many people would buy American if given the choice and that choice meant a higher selling price?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

That question, D & C , has been answered somewhat. Most Americans these days buy based on price and as foreign goods are often made with cheaper labor, the die is cast. Made in America sounds good until you get to the cash register.

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

I try my best to buy American made.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

It's great that Wal Mart is doing this for the Vets, but with their pay scale and limited hours (they consider 28 hours a week as Full Time) a person will probably only make between $10,000 to $12,000 a year which is basically poverty level.

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:It's great that Wal Mart is doing this for the Vets, but with their pay scale and limited hours (they consider 28 hours a week as Full Time) a person will probably only make between $10,000 to $12,000 a year which is basically poverty level.
Have to keep away from giving certain benefits which in most cases start with an average of 32 hours per week.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

dazed&confused wrote:I wonder how many people would buy American if given the choice and that choice meant a higher selling price?
That is the thing though, often times, on a lot of items, you can buy American for the same price today. Much of the price of goods isn't because of the labor but because of the stringent emission and pollution controls found here in United States. I'm not saying that most of that should be changed but I do believe that countries like China should have to adhere to the same environmental laws as the United States in order to peddle their products here.

More than a few times over the last year or so I have dug through the racks in a store and found a comparable product, made in the United States, and at a comparable price. Sometimes though, you can't. I put off buying butter knives for almost 6 months looking for Made in America, I never did see them and finally wound up buying the made in China ones. It's hard telling the whether there some is kind of harmful material found in the knife :122246

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Only for the person or thing you are using it against.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

kantuckyII wrote: I put off buying butter knives for almost 6 months looking for Made in America, I never did see them and finally wound up buying the made in China ones. It's hard telling the whether there some is kind of harmful material found in the knife :122246
Did u ever think about going to Belks or Elder-Beerman for the good butter knives............would have cost u a little more but what is a few pennies.........plus you get free butter with their knives........... :lol: :lol:

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

ManitouDan wrote:Better watch out Abuck will be down there protesting that foreigner's are getting screwed ... MD
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
kantuckyII wrote: I put off buying butter knives for almost 6 months looking for Made in America, I never did see them and finally wound up buying the made in China ones. It's hard telling the whether there some is kind of harmful material found in the knife :122246
Did u ever think about going to Belks or Elder-Beerman for the good butter knives............would have cost u a little more but what is a few pennies.........plus you get free butter with their knives........... :lol: :lol:
No, but I did think about going to Texas Road House. Don't they give you a couple with free bread and butter when you go in?

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

kantuckyII wrote:
TigerTownTurkey wrote:
No, but I did think about going to Texas Road House. Don't they give you a couple with free bread and butter when you go in?
they do indeed but their knives are made in Mexico..........

Return to “The Off season”