A Topic For Farmer

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

A Topic For Farmer

Post by kantuckyII »

He didn't want Obama criticized for his abortion mandate so I thought we could talk about the unemployment rate which continues to hover at around 8%. Black Americans are having unemployment rate approaching 15%!

So, let's talk about unemployment rate a bit LOL Don't be blaming it on George Bush

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Re: A Topic For Farmer

Post by kantuckyII »

From October... Ouch
Since Obama made that speech, he has served almost four years in the White House, and African-Americans’ median wealth has crashed, their wages have flat lined, their unemployment has spiked, and their political power has waned.

The metaphorical bullet wound has turned septic.

Obama used his speech to call for stronger African-American families, saying, “If we want to stop the cycle of poverty, we must start with our families.”

But the percentage of adult African-Americans in poverty rose from 19.8 percent in 2007 to 23 percent in 2010, according to the Census Bureau. The percentage of African-American children in poverty rose from 34.5 percent to 39.1 percent in 2010. African-Americans’ formal unemployment rate jumped from 9 percent in June 2007 to 14.5 percent this August.

And the reality is worse: The percentage of African-Americans in the workforce fell from 58.6 percent in June 2007, down to 52.8 percent in August 2012. Less than half of young African-American men have full-time jobs.

The median wealth of African-American households has also shrunk dramatically, mostly because of the housing bubble created by the federal government’ effort in the 1990s and 2000s to boost home ownership among African-Americans.

In 2005, the median wealth of African-American households was $12,124. By 2009, it had plummeted to $5,677 — a 53 percent drop — according to a July 2011 report by the Pew Research Center.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

From November...
WASHINGTON (CBSDC/AP) – As President Barack Obama is set to begin his second term, new statistics on America’s poverty rate indicate that nearly 50 million Americans, more than 16 percent of the population, are struggling to survive.

New figures released by the Census Bureau this week found a spike in poverty numbers last year, going from 49 million in 2010 to 49.7 million last year. The numbers may come as a surprise to Congress, which estimated in September that the poverty rate would drop to 46.2 million. One of the most startling findings showed that almost 20 percent of American children continue to live in poverty.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

First of all you are a PART TIME CHRISTIAN. You go out of your way to put down others, call them names as you go out of your way all the time putting Obama down while calling him various names like the anti christ and etc. By doing the things I mentioned you are self centered not a FULL TIME CHRISTIAN.

Not every topic that has to deal with politics and the different political parties has to be about abortion. YOU BRING IT UP ALL THE TIME.

Now for what you posted on this topic. To say Bush had nothing to do with it would be wrong. As the same for Obama. (I didn't vote for OBAMA either time) This is not as simple as 1+1=2. This is a combination of things over many years, presidents and other political leaders. To many people are looking for the one person to blame and there is none. You can post stats all you want. If you ever took a stat class they told you that you can make them say whatever you want in most cases. As Stats by themselves do not tell the full story.

So he is an article that kinds of describes the reality of politics without slanting it toward either party from a farmers viewpoint.

Fiscal Cliff Turns Out To Be Just A Prelude
Jan. 10, 2013 by Troy Marshall in My View From The Country
I have to admit that the whole fiscal cliff fiasco of last week was more than just a little surreal. It’s generally accepted that Republicans lost the debate, but what makes the situation surreal is that, in some ways, both sides won.

The Bush tax cuts were extended almost in their entirety, something few would have thought possible two years ago, let alone six months ago. Of course, President Obama won the major point of the fiscal cliff debate, even if the tax increase on the wealthiest Americans is irrelevant from a dollar standpoint. It was a major political victory for him, though devoid of any real substance.

The whole point of the fiscal cliff was supposed to be about reducing the deficit. However, the only certain outcome of the fiscal cliff deal is that the deficit (currently at almost $16.5 trillion) will continue to grow at a record, and unsustainable, pace.

Another Perspective: How Do We Solve The U.S. Debt Crisis?

Of course, one must understand the vocabulary of the Washington Beltway to see how we arrived in such a situation. In D.C., spending cuts are no longer actual cuts but rather decreases in spending; similarly tax cuts have become the elimination of tax increases. A “balanced” approach means increases in revenue must equal decreases in spending, ignoring that the problem has been the phenomenal growth in spending in recent years.

The middle class tax break heralded by both sides of the aisle is actually a tax increase, as a family making $50,000/year will see their tax bill jump by $1,000. That is something that will become very evident early in this new year.

In truth, the last-second deal to avert the fiscal cliff only accomplished the easy things. It postponed for a few months the real fight, which is when the sequester cuts will once again kick in. Theoretically, the fight could be waged again over the current debt ceiling, which could be reached as early as the middle of February. And while everyone recognizes that spending must be addressed, nobody seems willing to address entitlement spending.

The battle is being waged in the court of public opinion; the argument being advanced is that nobody should be allowed to play politics over the debt ceiling. If that argument carries the day, then the showdown will probably not occur until the new fiscal cliff deadline. However, the luxury of being able to delay fixing this problem is melting away with every day.

With the House beaten and its favorability ratings at an all-time low, one wonders whether that chamber has the resolve to put up a big fight the second time around. Meanwhile, the Senate doesn’t appear inclined to vote on an actual budget anytime soon. The one thing that pundits agree on is that House Speaker John Boehner was politically outmaneuvered at nearly every turn in this process. Still, he was reelected to his House leadership position.

The financial markets’ reaction to the deal is difficult to assess. Some said the markets had already priced in concerns about going over the fiscal cliff. There was a little strength immediately following the news, but the markets did little more than a collective sigh in the end.

Agriculture did see some direct benefits. Disposable income as a whole will drop, but not nearly as much as it could have. Beef demand will be negatively affected, but the key will be whether the overall economy improves or continues to stumble. The death tax exemption of $5 million/individual was extended for another year – still nothing approaching a permanent solution, but better than the alternative. Capital gain tax rates will jump by 5%, but it could have been worse. And the 2008 farm bill was extended for another year. Though it’s still subject to appropriations work, it does eliminate some uncertainty for the ag community.

A Closer Look: Fiscal Cliff Moves Estate Tax In Right Direction

I guess the saving grace for politicians was that expectations weren’t just low, they were non-existent. Sadly, however, the issues are very real and they will have to be dealt with at some point.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Good Luck, Mr. President
Jan. 22, 2013 by Amanda Radke in BEEF Daily

As President Obama begins his second term, the focus should be on supporting agriculture.

.."We have a chance to finish what we started. Our work begins today. Let's go," tweeted President Barack Obama before his official inauguration yesterday morning. Swearing in the 44th president of the U.S. is a historical moment for our nation, regardless of whether you voted red or blue in the last election.

Obama’s inaugural address focused on equality and coming together as a nation. The event was a distinguished affair with former presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton in attendance, as well as performances from James Taylor, Kelly Clarkson and Beyonce.

In the next four years, Congress will butt heads on some big issues such as gun control, the fiscal cliff, the war, and the farm bill. As Obama starts his second term, it’s vital that we communicate our priorities to our elected officials in Washington, D.C.

Call me biased, but everyone has to eat. Agriculture needs to be a top priority if we are going to be able to feed the masses and support food security in this country and around the world. And, in order to do that, the Obama administration and Congress must come together to support America’s farmers and ranchers.

The Bismarck Tribune editorialized on this issue yesterday stating that, “The last U.S. Congress, stumbling along the fiscal cliff, fearful of public angst over potential doubling and tripling milk prices, extended the farm bill for nine months. That was not a victory for anyone, certainly not for farmers. It was, according to Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-MI), chairwoman of the Senate Agriculture Committee, ‘absolutely amazing.’ She was amazed because behind closed doors, Vice President Joe Biden and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) agreed to a nine-month extension of the 2008 farm bill that changed nothing — not policy or funding. It ignored a bipartisan extension of the farm bill negotiated by Stabenow and Rep. Frank Lucas (R-OK), chairman of the House Agriculture Committee. It certainly left out the consensus on eliminating direct payments to farms, a big hitch in the public’s view of federal farm programs.

'There’s no way to explain this other than agriculture is just not a priority,' Stabenow says.

“That echoed what USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack has been saying. President Barack Obama has asked Vilsack to stay on as ag secretary in his second term. Back in December, with the fiscal cliff fast approaching, Vilsack told farm leaders that the nation didn’t have a farm bill because agriculture has ‘become less and less relevant to the politics of this country.’ These comments by key farm officials in Washington set the stage for a new Congress and renewed expectations for writing a farm bill, hopefully a five-year farm bill, which has been the tradition.”

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Well I responded.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

farmer wrote:Well I responded.
Yes you did and very well I might add.

Of course, you do know that the lack of name calling etc keeps you from getting any type of rebuttal. Meaningful or otherwise. ;-)

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Seems he can post on other Topics but not the one he started for me to respond to.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

That be tuck.......... :12224

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

farmer wrote:Seems he can post on other Topics but not the one he started for me to respond to.
The guy is a trouble maker and every day he prove it.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

WOW it has been a rough time lately. I have been unable to get online. While cleaning out my barn and spreading some manure some idiot complained of the smell. So after the sheriff and EPA was out I could not spread any manure. Which was a very good time since the ground was frozen. So that led to many hours of being questioned in person and on the phone. Only to find out the person who complained was where the smell was coming from. Seems like they thought they could dump whatever whenever and their crap does not stink. As they spread their crap wherever they want. While thinking they are better than everyone else.

Oh well now I have time now to get back on here and post again. Seems like since I have been away Kant still has not responded. Which is strange since he started this topic and many others since. With multiple posts on those topics and others. Seems like he was like a groundhog and saw his shadow. Then turned tail back down his hole.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

^^^This is a perfect example of a parable for all of you students of language arts

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

farmer wrote:WOW it has been a rough time lately. I have been unable to get online. While cleaning out my barn and spreading some manure some idiot complained of the smell. So after the sheriff and EPA was out I could not spread any manure. Which was a very good time since the ground was frozen. So that led to many hours of being questioned in person and on the phone. Only to find out the person who complained was where the smell was coming from. Seems like they thought they could dump whatever whenever and their crap does not stink. As they spread their crap wherever they want. While thinking they are better than everyone else.

Oh well now I have time now to get back on here and post again. Seems like since I have been away Kant still has not responded. Which is strange since he started this topic and many others since. With multiple posts on those topics and others. Seems like he was like a groundhog and saw his shadow. Then turned tail back down his hole.
Why of course he did. You gave him a very well thought out, sensible, and correct answer and he can't stand that since he has no intelligent answer back for you. I am surprised though that he didn't come back and call you a name or bring up abortion.

By the way, welcome back.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

What should I respond to?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

kantuckyII wrote:He didn't want Obama criticized for his abortion mandate so I thought we could talk about the unemployment rate which continues to hover at around 8%. Black Americans are having unemployment rate approaching 15%!

So, let's talk about unemployment rate a bit LOL Don't be blaming it on George Bush
Your response to your question you asked at the beginning, Which I responded to.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Oh, a dollar and ten cents

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Thank you for the $1.10.You can donate that to anything that supports Veterans.

You asked a question. I responded. As mentioned above by MisterB.
Of course, you do know that the lack of name calling etc keeps you from getting any type of rebuttal. Meaningful or otherwise.

Which has turned out to be true. As this topic was started on Jan 22 and you didn't respond. Then when asked again you responded as I mentioned above a groundhog going back into their hole. So the main part to this story is DO NOT POST A TOPIC CALLING OUT SOMEONE. Then do not respond when responded to.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

ouch....somebody else knows tuck.......... :lol: :lol: .................. :12224

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Hope to hear the $1.10 goes to a good Veteran Charity.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

I would add that anybody who supports abortionists is NOT a Christian.

Return to “The Off season”