Boy Scouts May Soon Welcome Gay Scouts and Leaders

General Chat
Kentucky Trojan
SE

Re: Boy Scouts May Soon Welcome Gay Scouts and Leaders

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

dazed&confused wrote:The Boy Scouts are reacting to growing popular pressure.
Not in God's Country of Kentucky.....

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

abuck76 wrote:Wow, a nice bigoted statement there runner :roll: .......Do not stop there..How about a Black Boy Scouts and an Asian Boy Scots?.....
Like a normal D, you have to bring race into the subject as always. GAY is NOT and never has been a race.....so why bring Blacks and Asians into the post?

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:
:aaaaa35 :aaaaa35 :aaaaa35 :aaaaa35 :aaaaa35 :aaaaa35 :aaaaa35 8)

Kentucky Trojan
SE

dazed&confused wrote:
Kentucky Trojan wrote:
:aaaaa35 :aaaaa35 :aaaaa35 :aaaaa35 :aaaaa35 :aaaaa35 :aaaaa35 8)
It just won't happen here...

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Irrational hatred is such an endearing conservative Christian trait! 8) 8)

Kentucky Trojan
SE

dazed&confused wrote:Irrational hatred is such an endearing conservative Christian trait! 8) 8)
It isn't hatred.

It is a choice by the local communities with regard to the Boy Scouts.

You remember.

The left gets choice for murder with abortion and the right gets choice for morality issues.

:mrgreen:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Personally I couldn't give a s***. I was never in the Scouts and I don't know anyone who is. They can do what they want. Also, never knew anyone who had an abortion so save your murder charges for marches on the Supreme Court. Again, personally I don't care. And I don't lose sleep over any of it. 8)

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

dazed&confused wrote:Nice try but Hitler was more of a Facist. He wanted purity of race especially in the youth. He would've had the gays exterminated. By the way, how exactly does Obama and liberals "push" their agenda here? The Boy Scouts are reacting to growing popular pressure.

Hmmmmm did you really type that sentence how does Obama and the liberals push their agenda here? If you dont see it in the topic then you have no clue of whats actually going on.

Its funny the group who are supposd to be the most racist (Cons) never mention race they just mention a person beliefs or character yet the group thats supposed to be tolerant ones are the first to lash out and call people racist or use the race card during an argument. Very interesting.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

tigercannon71 wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:Nice try but Hitler was more of a Facist. He wanted purity of race especially in the youth. He would've had the gays exterminated. By the way, how exactly does Obama and liberals "push" their agenda here? The Boy Scouts are reacting to growing popular pressure.

Hmmmmm did you really type that sentence how does Obama and the liberals push their agenda here? If you dont see it in the topic then you have no clue of whats actually going on.

Its funny the group who are supposd to be the most racist (Cons) never mention race they just mention a person beliefs or character yet the group thats supposed to be tolerant ones are the first to lash out and call people racist or use the race card during an argument. Very interesting.
According to the article the thread was started on:

Only seven months ago, the Boy Scouts affirmed its ban on gays after a nearly two-year examination of the issue by a committee of volunteers convened by national leaders of the Boy Scouts of America, known as the BSA. However, local chapters and some members of the national board -- corporate CEO Randall Stephenson of AT&T and James Turley of Ernst & Young -- called for a reconsideration.

Yep, those guys sound like real tree-hugging, left-wing zealots. You know, corporate executives; dang near communists! :lol:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

It's not hatred, it's not bigotry. It's simply that these men are LIVING a life style that is not right. If they turn from it, then come back, that's one thing but if it's an ongoing activity or lifestyle or whatever you wish to call it, they are not acceptable examples. Wasn't the whole idea behind the Boy Scouts was to build men of character and strong moral convictions? Will they always live up to those convictions? not in this life but at least they deserve examples who try to live as a good example

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

You know, I can think of a time when only 8 people on the entire earth were right and the whole rest of the earth, or the 'popular opinion' was wrong. Numbers doesn't automatically mean something is right...it's just as likely to show the decay of American society and the depravity of man as it is anything else.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

dazed&confused wrote:Personally I couldn't give a s***. I was never in the Scouts and I don't know anyone who is. They can do what they want. Also, never knew anyone who had an abortion so save your murder charges for marches on the Supreme Court. Again, personally I don't care. And I don't lose sleep over any of it. 8)
Voting for the Democrats is an accessory to murder.

I have to live with that myself for all of the Democrats that I have voted for in my lifetime.

I even marched for Ted Strickland in 1992 when he was first elected to the House of Reps.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:Voting for the Democrats is an accessory to murder.
Not a one-issue voter and I am not condemned by any vote I have cast. If you take that route, don't vote at all. Both parties have plenty of blood on their hands by your reasoning.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Being Gay is not a lifestyle........And bigotry and hate crosses the spectrum...........Dinosaurs became extinct just as close minded thinkers will in the future....... :12224

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

kantuckyII wrote:It's not hatred, it's not bigotry. It's simply that these men are LIVING a life style that is not right.
Tuck, in your church pew you get to make that determination. In the public purview, you are not the final authority. Live by your creed, just don't foist it on me.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

And the PEOPLE said AMEN!!!!!............... :12224

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:
Dinocrocetti wrote:Do they allow scoutmasters that have cheated on their spouse? Do they just ban this one "sin" or do the scouts just ban this one?
Will the Ironton Boy Scouts now allow homosexual leaders based upon your analogy?
I don't get the Ironton reference but I assume so. Why is homosexuality banned but not other sins?"

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

abuck76 wrote:Being Gay is not a lifestyle........And bigotry and hate crosses the spectrum...........Dinosaurs became extinct just as close minded thinkers will in the future....... :12224
I disagree about the lifestyle. I assume you are stating that all gay people are born that way. What about gay people who have married and raised three kids? Were the born heterosexual or gay? Are we all born both?

It is a choice. I have no problem with the choice.?it is none of my business.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Runner wrote:Gays want everything. If they want to join an organization....let them form the "Gay Scout Of America". Simple as that.
why don't they join the girl scouts? they could all squat in the same field with no conflict then.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

abuck76 wrote:Wow, a nice bigoted statement there runner :roll: .......Do not stop there..How about a Black Boy Scouts and an Asian Boy Scots?...
ya mean like a Black Miss America..... or BET.....bigoted stuff like that ??

Return to “The Off season”