Boy Scouts May Soon Welcome Gay Scouts and Leaders

General Chat
KVDW
SE

Re: Boy Scouts May Soon Welcome Gay Scouts and Leaders

Post by KVDW »

get real. EVERYBODY is biased and bigoted and has their own agenda.

do you think the fact that Jews run the media and entertainment in america is by pure accident?

or how about fox news..... which is 99% catholic.... do you think that is pure coincidence??

just wake up and look around you. :roll:

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

Dinocrocetti wrote:
Kentucky Trojan wrote:
Dinocrocetti wrote:Do they allow scoutmasters that have cheated on their spouse? Do they just ban this one "sin" or do the scouts just ban this one?
Will the Ironton Boy Scouts now allow homosexual leaders based upon your analogy?
I don't get the Ironton reference but I assume so. Why is homosexuality banned but not other sins?"
You get the Ironton reference...

:mrgreen:

Declaration of Religious Principle

In its Charter and Bylaws, the BSA maintains that no member can grow into the best kind of citizen
without recognizing an obligation to God. No matter what the religious faith of a member might be,
this fundamental need of good citizenship must be kept before the member.

ï‚· The BSA does not define what constitutes a belief in God or the practice of religion.

ï‚· The BSA does not require membership in a religious organization or association in order to
join Scouting but strongly encourages membership and participation in the religious
program and activities of a church, synagogue, or other religious association.

ï‚· The BSA respects the convictions of those who exercise their constitutional freedom to
practice religion as individuals without formal membership in religious organizations.

ï‚· When a Scouting unit is associated with a church or other distinctly religious organization,
no members of other denominations or faith shall be required, because of membership in
the unit, to take part in or observe a religious ceremony distinctly unique to that
organization or church.

ï‚· Only people willing to subscribe to these declarations of principles shall be entitled to
certificates of leadership in carrying out the Scouting program.

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

I'm ok with BSA discriminating against gays as long as they take no federal or state grant aid

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

There are homosexuals in all areas of the public. Some faunt it some do not. Who cares what they do at home. Noone should be excluded except those convicted of crimes. Get a life Kentucky! You who think you are going to heaven but trying to act like a moral judge is going to get you a reservation in Hell!

Kentucky Trojan
SE

unclebob wrote:There are homosexuals in all areas of the public. Some faunt it some do not. Who cares what they do at home. Noone should be excluded except those convicted of crimes. Get a life Kentucky! You who think you are going to heaven but trying to act like a moral judge is going to get you a reservation in Hell!
I pray to God everyday that there is a place in heaven for me.

I will be begging until I am inside the gates.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Not me! I'm a lock! I put my faith in Jesus Christ and not only did he save me but he keeps me! I am not going to heaven because of my goodness, but of the goodness of Jesus Christ and the faith I placed in His finished work on the Cross. It was a one time deal and thereby I became a child of God

2 Timothy 1:7 'For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind'

Philippians 1:6: 'Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ'

John 10:28: 'And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand'

Kentucky Trojan
SE

kantuckyII wrote:Not me! I'm a lock! I put my faith in Jesus Christ and not only did he save me but he keeps me! I am not going to heaven because of my goodness, but of the goodness of Jesus Christ and the faith I placed in His finished work on the Cross. It was a one time deal and thereby I became a child of God

2 Timothy 1:7 'For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind'

Philippians 1:6: 'Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ'

John 10:28: 'And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand'
I believe that my work is not finished on this earth.

When it is complete, I will go to heaven.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Yes your work might not be finished but the work of your salvation is finished if you have received Christ. That is why Jesus said on the cross, it is finished

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

kantuckyII wrote:I dont believe that all homosexuals are pedophiles but I wouldn't allow practicing homosexuals as Boy Scout leaders no more than I would a practicing womanizer, a substance abuser, a drunk (not taking about those who legally drink responsibly), a wife beater or a profane person. These men are supposed to be examples to these boys, men they can mimic. I'm pretty sure that was the intent when they first established the scouts.

Yet all those you listed are currently or have been involved with Boy Scouts.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Oand B you are trying to use reason with an unreasonable person............. :12224

Kentucky Trojan
SE

abuck76 wrote:Oand B you are trying to use reason with an unreasonable person............. :12224
To borrow from Les Mis...

Tuck is a master of his house...a regular Voltaire.....

:mrgreen:

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Really..Voltaire?.....do you know who Voltaire is?....Why am I asking? :roll: ... :12224

Kentucky Trojan
SE

abuck76 wrote:Really..Voltaire?.....do you know who Voltaire is?....Why am I asking? :roll: ... :12224
It's a joke, abuck.........

Age of Reason...duh...

I wrote a lengthy report on Candide in my younger days...

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

"The Age of Reason" was written by Thomas Paine............And Voltaire was a deist............Neither has anything to do with tuck........... :12224

Kentucky Trojan
SE

abuck76 wrote:"The Age of Reason" was written by Thomas Paine............And Voltaire was a deist............Neither has anything to do with tuck........... :12224
All men are born with a nose and ten fingers, but no one was born with a knowledge of God.

Voltaire

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Christianity is the most ridiculous, the most absurd and bloody religion that has ever infected the world.
-- Voltaire,

Kentucky Trojan
SE

abuck76 wrote:Christianity is the most ridiculous, the most absurd and bloody religion that has ever infected the world.
-- Voltaire,
...which is why it was a joke.......

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:
abuck76 wrote:"The Age of Reason" was written by Thomas Paine............And Voltaire was a deist............Neither has anything to do with tuck........... :12224
All men are born with a nose and ten fingers, but no one was born with a knowledge of God.

Voltaire
That's NOT true.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Then again we wouldn't want there Gayness to ruboff on our kids. I heard it spreads like cooties!!!
We definitely shouldn't let Catholics be Involved with Scouts, shoot they let there priests do what they want with young boys. Wait!!!!!!!!!!! Aren't they considered Christians???????

HEY TUCK, MAYBE WE SHOULD LET THE GREAT FOLKS AT THE WESTBOURO BAPTIST CHURCH BE SCOUT LEADERS!!!!!!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Orange and Brown wrote:Then again we wouldn't want there Gayness to ruboff on our kids. I heard it spreads like cooties!!!
We definitely shouldn't let Catholics be Involved with Scouts, shoot they let there priests do what they want with young boys. Wait!!!!!!!!!!! Aren't they considered Christians???????

HEY TUCK, MAYBE WE SHOULD LET THE GREAT FOLKS AT THE WESTBOURO BAPTIST CHURCH BE SCOUT LEADERS!!!!!!!
:aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8

Return to “The Off season”