Cutting Employee Hours To Pay For Obamacare

General Chat
Kentucky Trojan
SE

Re: Cutting Employee Hours To Pay For Obamacare

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

ManitouDan wrote:I just requested dropping RX coverage to be able to decrease the 24.5 % increase in my 2013 premuims ... my employees can thank the president for that . To insure one 50ish year old female ... 985.00 a month ! three single people ..2400.00 a month . seriously why would you applaud Obama for this disaster ?
They do not understand how small businesses survive!

...or they do and they want more people on the government handout system soon...

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

ManitouDan wrote:I just requested dropping RX coverage to be able to decrease the 24.5 % increase in my 2013 premuims ... my employees can thank the president for that . To insure one 50ish year old female ... 985.00 a month ! three single people ..2400.00 a month . seriously why would you applaud Obama for this disaster ?
You know what is seriously sad about all of this? That piece of work that is destroying our country?...they will gloss over everything that he has done to destroy our nation with revisionism and then probably put a statue of him on the mall as being the first black president. They will probably even have a day set aside to honor him! Martin Luther King roll over in grave...

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I personally don't like Obama care, but if we didn't have it we would have romney care instead and that was just about as bad,so we were screwed no matter who we voted for.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I agree.

Bryce
Freshman Team

Post by Bryce »

I have done a little research and found that my landscaping/lawncare company is exempt from Obamacare. It falls as being under the Agricultural buisiness. That was great news to my employees as well as others in the same line of business.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Bryce wrote:I have done a little research and found that my landscaping/lawncare company is exempt from Obamacare. It falls as being under the Agricultural buisiness. That was great news to my employees as well as others in the same line of business.
Will your business be void of the minimum wage increase?

Also do overtime rates apply to agriculture businesses?

Not a hater here,
I say
 take advantage of every loop hole the Looting Pukes give ya! 

Bryce
Freshman Team

Post by Bryce »

I do not worry about the minimum wage. Every employee I have, I started in above the minimum wage. My normal staring pay for part time employees that are students in high school is over $10 an hour. Those in college start in at over $12. The full time employees are making between $18 and $24 hours per hour.

As for overtime, I do pay out time and half for any employees that work over 40 hours per week. But it is rare anymore since I have the part time seasonal workers during the warmer months. They come in and relieve most of the full time workers when they get out of class (about 4-5 pm) and work until dark.

I also pay 80% of their health insurance. This is something I would not need to do in the agricultural business. The only thing I NEED to do is pay into workers comp and the taxes. I do not cover the student workers under the health insurance since they qualify to be under their parents policies, unless the parents show proof of being unemployed and without any type of coverage. I have only ran across this problem twice in the past 20 years or so.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Good deal.

I have heard agriculture businesses have different labor laws and was just wondering.

Return to “The Off season”