MODS --could we please just stop the

General Chat
ManitouDan
SEOPS H

MODS --could we please just stop the

Post by ManitouDan »

silly Happy bday threads to users who DON NOT POST ANY LONGER ON SEOP ---- PLEASE ? today there is two , everyday there is 2-3 to users who are not around , and still yet people who want to pad their post counts or ?? IDK , feel nice ?? this , along with the " is it snowing" "The trailer park " , " the check in " , " the gas price " , " the temperature " , what are you doing up this late and then the " GOOD AM thread , and the GOOD NIGHT threads HAVE MADE THE CHAT FORUM IRRITATING as heck . if a few , very very few , want to jumble up the chat room with mundane crap please ask them to just email each other . Or use facebook . with that Happy Bday to whoever was born in SEO today , I hope my wishes from this total stranger make a huge difference in your otherwise crappy day :) MD

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Re: MODS --could we please just stop the

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I totally agree with you MD. If you want to keep those threads move them to the game forum.

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

I agree as well. They are a nuisance. I am positive this board is set up like most forums where the Admin can prevent the birthday notifications from showing at the bottom of the page with a couple clicks of the mouse. That would solve the problem

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

That's it fellas............no more birthday wishes for anybody...........I didnt realize after all these years I was getting on someone's nerves...........now to my good buddy ol noreply,,,,,,we better find a new hobby at 5 in the morning while all these good folks are still rolling in the blankets..........

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

not just the BD threads , I wish the other stuff with 200 pages of nothing -ness would be moved ( quarinteened ?? ) to their section as well .

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I do like the joke thread I read it every day on here. Maybe the mods could take say 3 or 4 of the top used threads like joke, goodmorning, dinner thread, and one other sticky them at top so they stay there and then all you gotta do is scroll past them to get to newer threads instead of having to sort through everything.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:That's it fellas............no more birthday wishes for anybody...........I didnt realize after all these years I was getting on someone's nerves...........now to my good buddy ol noreply,,,,,,we better find a new hobby at 5 in the morning while all these good folks are still rolling in the blankets..........

Seems like some one needs to complain about something every day. If it has been that way for years why change it. If you don't do them we have a few that will.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

While those topics do not interest me, I do not wish to deny them from those who do genuinely like to post on the topics. At least chat is not a venom pit now.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

dazed&confused wrote:While those topics do not interest me, I do not wish to deny them from those who do genuinely like to post on the topics. At least chat is not a venom pit now.

Agreed. I never post on the Happy Birthday threads or most of the other chain threads, but I don't see what the big deal is to simply ignore them and move on down the list.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:While those topics do not interest me, I do not wish to deny them from those who do genuinely like to post on the topics. At least chat is not a venom pit now.

Agreed. I never post on the Happy Birthday threads or most of the other chain threads, but I don't see what the big deal is to simply ignore them and move on down the list.

Hmmmmm that advice sounds familiar.....oh yea it was given by a few others on here on how to deal with the threads they didnt agree on yet when given thay advice a few who shall rename nameless got highly upset.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Open up the political forum to all and leave the enter-at-your-own-risk parameter in place. Then, if you don't want to sort through controversial topics to get to the birthday thread, you don't have to. Each has their place.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

tigercannon71 wrote:I do like the joke thread I read it every day on here. Maybe the mods could take say 3 or 4 of the top used threads like joke, goodmorning, dinner thread, and one other sticky them at top so they stay there and then all you gotta do is scroll past them to get to newer threads instead of having to sort through everything.

u r a very wise young man........anyone who starts his day with a little humor will have a smile on his face all day.........so now I have another thread to post on in the morning without upsetting anyone......I like your style...... :) :)

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Hey Turk ~ I have a birthday soon and am looking forward to a "Happy Birthday" from you.. :122245

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Focused wrote:Hey Turk ~ I have a birthday soon and am looking forward to a "Happy Birthday" from you.. :122245

Me too. :(

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

if it were just 3-4 threads it wouldnt be a big deal or any deal at all. But as it stands today 1/2 of page one are these " chain threads " well over a dozen of them . I suggest a CHAIN THREAD section where people can ask how many times they chewed their food OR do you prefer the TP roll from the top or bottom OR good am , good night , good day , bad weather , good weather raining snowing etc threads .

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

MD, I know exactly where u r coming from........I used to feel the same way when every morning I got up and faced a zillion threads on Obama and how much a certain individual and his sidekick hated him......no one gave a sh!t about the rest of the posters who had to wade thru their rants......I agree I didnt have to read them and I didnt but they were still there for an eyesore every day........

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I don't have a problem with them.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

JMHO but a discussion of politics is far far more important than the weather and good nights and good am's .... if more people read up on politics instead of people mag , ophra , TMZ , et all we not have a country 16 trillion in debt and a govt that is essentially non functional.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

ManitouDan wrote:JMHO but a discussion of politics is far far more important than the weather and good nights and good am's .... if more people read up on politics instead of people mag , ophra , TMZ , et all we not have a country 16 trillion in debt and a govt that is essentially non functional.
Why didn't you come forward and say this when bush was in offices ....when the debt really started to grow....it was probably because you felt that bush could do no wrong. :122249

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

noreply66 wrote:Why didn't you come forward and say this when bush was in offices ....when the debt really started to grow....it was probably because you felt that bush could do no wrong. :122249
We did come forward when the debt started to grow foolishly. It was right after the 2006 elections when the D's took control of both sides of the hill. Up to that point, it was not that bad. And that is a fact. All you need to do is, do a little research on the web and you would find it factual as well.

Return to “The Off season”