National Chili Day...Feb 27th

General Chat
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

National Chili Day...Feb 27th

Post by OHHS old timer »

Yes, friends and neighbors, it is almost time onve again to celebrate the "bowl of red"...as it is called by folks down in San Antonio.

The fourth Thursday in Feb is National Chili Day. In honor of this gastronomic food, I was curious what do you put into your pot.

For me....I prefer venison over beef because it is leaner. No venison this year...no problemo. I'll go with lean ground beef and some beef stew meat. Then comes onions..sauce...a little cumin..paprika
..chili powder...diced jalapenos...etc.

Frig after cooking..yep. I usually reheat twice if it is for me and select others. Does it have a name?? Actually, it does. Old timers Revenge. A brit friend named it back 1991 when I made a batch for folks in Desert Shield/Storm. Claimed it cleared his sinuses and burned his arse when sitting on the throne. It wasn't that hot...about 2alarm in my book.
It's GREAT for chili dogs!!

Anywho...that's a little about my chili. C'mon boys, spill your secrets...just a little.

Oh...that crap in Cincy??? NOT chili!!! Look at the ingredients...it is a meat sauce...bolognaise (sp) sauce.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: National Chili Day...Feb 27th

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I ate chili yesterday ole timer.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:59 am I ate chili yesterday ole timer.
Started a new batch this past Sunday, bait. Gonna enjoy it tomorrow. Got some dogs and buns too. Should be a gastronomic disturbance in the bowels for sure....lol

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

I use ground whatever haha. I don’t care if it’s deer, beef, pork, heck if I had ground possum I’d probably try it. I got a recipe I use measure out spices and stuff. I use beef broth, tomato sauce, onion, ground meat, spices, canned pinto beans, and canned ranch style beans. Best chili I make is in one of those instant pot pressure cooker. Man it makes good chili. Give me a good bowl of chili with a little hot sauce, cheese, crackers and a peanut butter sandwich and im pretty happy

I know what's wrong with it. It's a Ford. You know what they say Ford stands for, don't ya? It stands for 'Fix it again, Tony'.

Return to “The Off season”