Canceled TV shows....

General Chat
tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

I watched Kidnapped but quit when I found out that the show would drag the one kidnapping out all season. I like watching the CSI shows and Criminal Intent too much to give them up for that.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

tigermama wrote:I watched Kidnapped but quit when I found out that the show would drag the one kidnapping out all season. I like watching the CSI shows and Criminal Intent too much to give them up for that.

Hey, I'm a "Lawn Odor" groupie, and into forensics shows in general.

A very good show about REAL forensics cases is "The New Detectives", seen on 'The Discovery Channel'. I'm looking forward to seeing a show about how the Unabomber was caught. I know his brother ratted him out, but the FBI had to have EVIDENCE to make their case.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

It appears NBC has axed "20 Good years", which I watched once (since it supposedly involved my age group) and didn't see 20 good seconds except the commercials. While oft times the nets don't announce they've yanked a given show, the handwriting is on the wall when they put a show "on hiatus" except for a special presentation such as the World Series, election returns, etc. or simply replace it with no explanation.

IMO, replacing '20' and '30 rock' with a 2-hour edition of "The Biggest Loser" is replacing trash with garbage, but NBC has announced '30' was being moved to 9:30 on Thursdays, replacing "Deal Or No Deal", which is being scaled down to once a week. There's no mention of '20 Good years' in their announcement, so we can assume it's toast, given its horrible ratings.

Once again, the public has proven the critics wrong. They hadn't given "Ugly Betty" much chance of survival, but it seems that show is funnier to the general public than it is to those critics, and Ole Man Nielsen has shut the critics' pie holes for now.

it appears that "Vanished" will soon vanish, as will "Six degrees", "The Nine", & reality trash "Trading Spouses:Meet Your New Mommy". Almost all of Fox's new lineup has driven off viewers in droves.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

It appears '6 Degrees' has lost its thermometer. Being replaced by a rerun isn't exactly a healthy sign for ANY show. I'd say it's outta here!

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Apparently, Fox saw no justice in "Justice", as it's been yanked from the schedule. I'd say it's toast, as the "November Timber" startsta fall.

RH@OU
Waterboy

Post by RH@OU »

Misteroby wrote:Apparently, Fox saw no justice in "Justice", as it's been yanked from the schedule. I'd say it's toast, as the "November Timber" startsta fall.

What'd you think of Justice? I thought they had a good concept there, but the shots and acting were a little over the top. Just curious.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

RH@OU wrote:
Misteroby wrote:Apparently, Fox saw no justice in "Justice", as it's been yanked from the schedule. I'd say it's toast, as the "November Timber" startsta fall.

What'd you think of Justice? I thought they had a good concept there, but the shots and acting were a little over the top. Just curious.

I thought it was a decent show, but the genre is overcrowded right now, and a new show in that genre has little-to-no chance right now. With three Lawn Odors & 2 CSIs, there's little room for more, as mosta us wanna watch something besides cops & forensics sometimes.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Latest casualty seems to be "The Nine". It's been yanked from the schedule with no explanation. However, any primetime show with a viewership of barely 4 million is in the Danger Zone anyway.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

CBS didn't waste any time in yanking "3 LB", a just-launched drama about brain surgeons.

As you who know me mighta guessed...I HATE REALITY SHOWZZ! I hope a viewership of only some 3.7 million last episode soon spells doom for Fox's "Trading Spouses".

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Am I the only person who liked Book of Daniel, it was on NBC at the begininng of the year. I know alot of religious people got upset about the show but I didn't see anything wrong with it and I am a Christian. Sometimes you have to look at yourself and laugh, or simply say truth hurts.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

I'll hafta say NON-VIEWERSHIP had moreta do with BOD's demise than protests. The millions who DO view a show w/o protest pack more punch with the networx than the few hundred who do protest.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Loox as if two shows got the green weenie today...Day Break and Show Me The Money.

Day Break was a good premise with a bad script. Show Me the Money just plain sucked. What a waste of Shatner's talent and star power!

Shatner couldn't no more help this show than Rachel Ray can make omlets outta cucumbers.

Now, if we could be ridda Big Day & Trading Spouses.....

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Latest cancellation by a major network...FOX CANCELS THE O. C.

Fox announced the cancellation yesterday eve. However, they plan to air all the eppys already made, with the series finale airing Feb. 22.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Also, the syndicated talker The Megan Mullaly Show got the green weenie. Evidently too many people associated her with "Karen" of "Will & Grace".

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Another canceled show...QUEER EYE FOR THE STRAIGHT GUY.

In this Bravo show, five makeover artists "make over" a male dweeb, in fashion, shles, hairstyle, and even mannerisms. The five makeover artists are all gay, while their 'subject' is not. This show did NOT have any homosexual overtones. However, it appears its novelty has worn off, & it's off to DVD-Land shortly.

There will be ten last episodes aired this summer.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Something rare in TVland...a soap opera is cancelled!

NBC announced that PASSIONS will be ended this summer, although it could still run till August. NBC plans to add a 4th hour to Today in its place.There remains a small possibility that the show MIGHT be renewed if enough fans write to NBC, or if another hour of Today doesn't go over well. But I wouldn't bet on it.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Announcement...[b]DAY BREAK[/i] is prolly returning next week to air its remaining unaired eppys. But that's IT. No more eppys are being made, & once the already-made ones are aired, it's history.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Daytime talker The Greg Behrendt Show got the green weenie yesterday. When the current season ends soon, it's history.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

CBS just canceled ARMED & FAMOUS, a lame reality show about (former) celebs who take a rudimentary police training course & go on patrol with experienced REAL pro officers.

It's unbelievable that CBS, now the most-watched net, would air such crap at all.

I'm glad it was done away from here. If ya ever saw Celebrity Jeopardy, you'd see just how unbright those Hollywood types generally are, & shudder at the thought of any of'em carrying real firearms.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Misteroby wrote:CBS just canceled ARMED & FAMOUS, a lame reality show about (former) celebs who take a rudimentary police training course & go on patrol with experienced REAL pro officers.

It's unbelievable that CBS, now the most-watched net, would air such crap at all.

I'm glad it was done away from here. If ya ever saw Celebrity Jeopardy, you'd see just how unbright those Hollywood types generally are, & shudder at the thought of any of'em carrying real firearms.

What a surprise! :shock:

Return to “The Off season”