Canceled TV shows....

General Chat
robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

fox recently yanked the Dr. Keith Ablow Show becausa low ratings. However, they'll finish out the season, it appears.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

ABC has pulled The Knights Of Prosperity from its schedule, effective immediately. The unaired eppys will likely be burned off in the summer dead zone. While this show was funny, its low ratings were not funny to ABC execs.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

NBC hasn't learned the lesson that shows with crooks as the main chars won't make it with today's TV viewership. They've launched such a show, The Black Donnellys, which premiered to a mediocre # of viewers, whose numbers have fallen in recent eppys. The axe will prolly swing soon on this'n, although it's not too bad a show.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

It appears CBS has cancelled The Class, placing it 'on hiatus', which, for CBS, almost always means "cancellation" unless they make a definite statement otherwise. I don't think too many people were disappointed when this'n left.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

ABC has placed In Case Of Emergency on hiatus, prolly spelling its doom. They may or may not place unaired eppys on the Net or burn-em off during summer.

Hey, it's March Madness Time! Most TV viewers don't give a dang what's cancelled now! Good time for the nets to get ridda "baggage" shows!

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Good news, at least for the near-future! It appears the CW is returning the excellent detective show Veronica Mars, beginning May 1. If ya aint seen it, you're missing a good detective show off the beaten path.

Despite its quality, its Neilsens are very low, & I wouldn't be surprised that this is its last gasp. Catch it while ya can!

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

ABC CANCELS "GREAT AMERICAN DREAM VOTE" AFTER 2 EPISODES!
http://tvweek.com/news.cms?newsId=11806

IMO, it was a pieca garbage anyway. Good riddance!

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

The George Michael Sports Machine is ending as its host George Michael is quitting.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

The Fishin' Hole, a show that's been on over 40 years, & is now currently on ESPN2, is ending, as host Jerry Mc Kinnis is retiring.

Note: it wasn't canceled due to low ratings, etc. as "Dream Vote" was...it's just "ending" & could be renewed with a new host, but with the existence of several other fishing shows, that's unlikely.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

It appears that 7th Heaven's 11-year run is over. Given the show's now-low ratings & the pay scale for the cast, the CW has decided to end the show, this time for good.

IMO, the CW shoulda left it canceled after last year's finale. However, for some strange reason, they perceived the high ratings for that finale as a sign that the show would continue to do well in regular weekly eps, so they resurrected it. However, the creativity and scripting had soured considerably from the show's heyday, and the Neilsens reflected that decline.

Long as Dawn Ostroff is big kahoona at CW, don't expect too much quality on that net. Just be glad ya got many other channels, X-Box, etc.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Loox as if NBC's The Black Donnellys got the green weenie; its final airing for now will be Apr. 16. No word on whether the unaired eppys will hit the air or not.

Aint been a good few years for shows with criminals as the central figures, with The Sopranos being an exception.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

On Fox, David Kelley's Wedding Bells is being yanked after this week.

Even a writer such as Kelley hits a clinker sometimes. Viewers have stayed away from this show in droves.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

ABC has dropped Six Degrees effective immediately. For some reason they tried re-tooling that pieca trash after cancelling it once before, but it drew even fewer viewers, even being beaten by the lowly CW network!

Problem is, the nets are replacing trash with garbage. Reruns of Wife Swap will replace Six Degrees, while a new (UGGHH!) reality(UGGHH!) show, Wedding Crashers, will replace Donnellys on NBC.

Thankfully, we have many channels, video games, & these PCs so we're not stuck with a choice of either TV trash or the radio.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Loox as if ANDY BARKER, P. I. is the latest show to get the green weenie...

This is the latest failure for Andy Richter to pull off a hit TV show. The networx are becoming leery of him.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Court TV has cancelled "Catherine Crier Live" as parta their makeover. This legal news show was one of the best around. I doubt CC will be outta work long unless she chooses to be.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Imus on MSNBC.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

ABC has yanked "In Case Of Emergency". While they're not saying it's cancelled, they had only one ep left to air, so it doesn't bode well for a show if they're not even gonna air the one remaining ep.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I'm surprised that The Class was yanked. I really liked that show and thought it was really funny. I think the biggest problem with it is they were trying to make it like Friends and it just didn't make it to that level. I kind of figured that when they lost a character(news reporter married to obvious gay man) part way into the opening season that it wasn't a good sign.

As long as they leave NCIS, CSI Vegas, LOST, The Unit, Two And A Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, and Jericho alone then I'll be a happy camper.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

I'd liketa be able to add "The Bachelor" to this list, as it's been nothing but trash from its first ep several seasons ago. Hopefully, this will be tha last season for that pieca crud.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I'm surprised that The Class was yanked. I really liked that show and thought it was really funny. I think the biggest problem with it is they were trying to make it like Friends and it just didn't make it to that level. I kind of figured that when they lost a character(news reporter married to obvious gay man) part way into the opening season that it wasn't a good sign.

As long as they leave NCIS, CSI Vegas, LOST, The Unit, Two And A Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, and Jericho alone then I'll be a happy camper.

I'm with you on the The Class after a few shows I started liking it.. and if they leave Ncis Csi csi new york csi miami the unit criminal minds two and a half men and jericho alone I'll be real happy :-D

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

"Remember this, the choices you make in life, make you"

- John Wooden

"Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better."

- unknown

Return to “The Off season”