Canceled TV shows....

General Chat
robycop3
All State

Re: Canceled TV shows....

Post by robycop3 »

Flash! First cancellation of the new season!

ABC has cancelled Opportunity Knocks, another of its dumb reality shows! Yayyy! I cheer every time a reality show tanx!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Man, I still miss WKRP in Cincinnati. Very well written. "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TMBG
Waterboy

Post by TMBG »

Misteroby wrote:Loox as if FX has pulled the plug on "The Riches". Its ratings had fallen considerably before the writers' strike, & FX apparently gave up on it. (As if anybody around here watches FX anyway!)

I watch FX. Always Sunny and The Riches are my favorite shows. It's such a shame they pulled the plug on The Riches, since the main reason it got poor ratings was because of the lack of promotion of the second season and the writers strike. Now i need to fill that void where The Riches once stood.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

"Hole In The Wall" is now toast, officially yanked.

And most likely, so is "America's Toughest Jobs". NBS had already revealed the winner on the Net before the final ep aired Saturday night. Its ratings were atrocious, so NBC will likely just leave it off its new sked, with no official cancellation being announced.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

CBS has yanked "The Ex-List" from its sked, replacing it with reruns of "NCIS" for the immediate future. This show was crud from the gitgo, looking like something the CW woulda aired

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Misterroby, can you comment on how well, " My own worst enemy" has faired thus far in the ratings?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The Ex-List

It was new this year and it is already being stopped.
:122246

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

85inside wrote:Misterroby, can you comment on how well, " My own worst enemy" has faired thus far in the ratings?

It started with 7.27 million viewers 10/13, fell to 5.69 10/20, & 5.25 10/27, with corresponding falloffs in the advertisers' all-important 18-to-49 years of age demographic. That spells doom.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

All good things must come to an end, I suppose. Fox has cancelled "King Of The Hill" after 13 seasons, but this season will be completed, & I'm sure every ep will be available on DVD. They plan to replace it with a spinoff from "Family Guy".

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Fox has pulled "'Til Death" from its primetime sked. While not officially cancelling it yet, its future doesn't look too promising right now.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

The MRC Company, to whom the CW has sold its Sunday-evening prog rights, has cancelled "Valentine" & "Easy Money", its two scripted shows for Sundays. Neither show was drawing anywhere near a million viewers. Aside from sites such as this one, I doubt if anyone cares.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

King of Queens

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Friday the 13th(The series)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Lassie.
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

whitey wrote:In the Heat of the Night? Where was that playing?

WGN has it.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Three cancellations to report:

Fox has cancelled MADtv after 14 years, but it's gonna air all eps already in the can. And NBC has cancelled both Lipstick Jungle & My Own Worst Enemy, the latter after only 4 eps have aired. However, all 13 of LJ's eps are in the can; seven have aired, & NBC plans to air the remaining six at its usual time. "Worst" has 5 more eps in the can, & NBC plans to air them also.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

The CW has yanked MRC's "In Harms Way, Valentine", & "Easy Money" from its Sunday lineup. After such heavy hype, all three shows were garbage, & ratings disasters. CW has essentially ended its relationship with MRC. Loox as if both orgs' days are numbered...

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

ABC has cancelled "Eli Stone", but it appears they'll air all eps already in the can. this wasn't at all their worst show, & I don't believe they really gave it a chance to find a following.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

ABC has cancelled "Dirty sexy Money" after its last airing produced its lowest ratings yet. However, it appears they will air all eps already in the can.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

ABC has cancelled "Pushing Daisies", but again, same as with "Eli Stone" & "Dirty sexy Money", it appears they intend to air all eps already in the can. Bear in mind that they could change their minds about airing any of these shows any time.

Now that ABC has "cleaned house", can the other nets be far behind? Each has a few clinkers that could be shown the door any time.

Return to “The Off season”