Former Huddle House becoming Yamato Restaurant in Portsmouth

General Chat
Philly
All Conference

Re: The Huddle House has reopened in Portsmouth...

Post by Philly »

I went to the Huddle house right before it closed. When we walked in, it took 15 mins to get a waiter to come out and give us a menu. Then another 15 to get them to come back to take our order. They stayed in the back all the time. We got our food 45 mins later, and it was good food, but after 45 mins of waiting for a coffee refill, my neice jumped up and went behind the counter and got the pot of coffee. She refilled our cups, then went around and refilled others in the restaurant that wanted more hot coffee. People came in and had to go around the counter and yell into the back to get someone to come out and wait on them. They must have known the drill! We left very little tip, and never went back.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Thats exactly what I was talking about, but 15 mins would not have made us mad. We waited 25 mins and she still didnt want to wait on us just stand there and complain about what everyone else wasnt doing. Then we go back after they reopen and there she stands, we didndnt waiste our time.

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

I wonder who is running it this time. If the same ole same ole are still there, this gal won't be going there again.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Hmmmmmmmm we finally got to eat at the Huddle House in Flatwoods last night. First time we've been able to get onto the lot since they opened, seriously.

We couldn't park in a designated spot though as they were all gone as well. I don't know how long it will continue like this in Flatwoods but right now it's incredible. Then again, when we got our 3rd red light in the city a few years ago...for several days, people were lining up and driving back and forth waiting on it to turn red so they could try it out.
Last edited by kantuckyII on Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

kantuckyII wrote:Hmmmmmmmm we finally got to eat at the Huddle House in Flatwoods last night. First time we've been able to get onto the lot since they opened, seriously.

We couldn't park in a designated spot though as they were all gone as well. I don't know how long it will continue like this in Flatwoods but right now it's incredible. Then again, when we got our 3rd red light in the city a few years ago...for several days, people were lining up and driving back and forth waiting on it to turn red so they could try it out.

I heard you was stopping at the green light :?:

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I had breakfast there (portsmouth locale) once a week for about 2-3 months before it closed. Interestingly service was never a problem. Always quick.

Going back wed am for breakfast with a friend. will give a report. The guy I assumed was the owner was a friendly black fella, he was usually in their greeting customers , kinda looking over the place. Walking in and out of the grill area. I'm glad I'm not the owner , 1.2 mill for that place is waaay outta line. somebody or some bank is going to take a bath on the place. MD

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Wen never had a problem with breakfast or dinner it was lunch that was bad even if it wasnt busy.

vids4ckcrash
Varsity

Re:

Post by vids4ckcrash »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:I think alot of the reason was the waitress they hired had a attitude and to be honest were down right rude, and wouldnt wait on people exsp the day girls. Dog and I eat lunch there alot when it first open, then they hired some new girls and they were terrible. We just stop eating there it was so bad, you would think the owner would have seen it. And yes we tipped good so that wasnt the reason for bad service. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is telling them "don't go down dark alleys" considered as giving a good tip? Or shouldn't one leave money?

Just sayin'

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Re:

Post by oldtrojan »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:I think alot of the reason was the waitress they hired had a attitude and to be honest were down right rude, and wouldnt wait on people exsp the day girls. Dog and I eat lunch there alot when it first open, then they hired some new girls and they were terrible. We just stop eating there it was so bad, you would think the owner would have seen it. And yes we tipped good so that wasnt the reason for bad service. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ate there twice, and have to agree that the service was horrible. Didn't care for the food much either, and anyone who knows me knows that I don't often turn down food. :mrgreen:

butcherman108
SEO

Re:

Post by butcherman108 »

kantuckyII wrote:They called security in on us too! Image

Now we know why he got TIGER MAN a birthday present and a cake. :122245

my2cents
S

Re: Former Huddle House becoming Yamato Restaurant in Portsmouth

Post by my2cents »

I think the full name is Wats Yamato.

You know, like.....Wats Yamato, you no likey food?

Return to “The Off season”