If you've received a good gift what was it?

General Chat
orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

my youngest daughter gave me a hand made gift that is more special than any store bought one! :-D

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

"Remember this, the choices you make in life, make you"

- John Wooden

"Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better."

- unknown

bulldog21
JV Team

Post by bulldog21 »

Add a John Elway throwback jersey to the list.

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

ballparent wrote:Watching my son open his gift that held an autographed football by 33 Buckeye players (maybe more :roll: ) including Jim Tressel, Laurinaitis, Beanie Wells, Brian Hartline, Brandon Saine, Brian Robiskie, Todd Boeckman, Alex Boone, and our local boys K.C. Christian, Marcus Williams, and Tyler Whaley. His facial expression was my gift. Priceless.
Special note to Mstangmom.......yes, I liked it a lot too. :lol:

I would kill for something like that.

How did you manage to do it.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

oak hill71 wrote:
ballparent wrote:Watching my son open his gift that held an autographed football by 33 Buckeye players (maybe more :roll: ) including Jim Tressel, Laurinaitis, Beanie Wells, Brian Hartline, Brandon Saine, Brian Robiskie, Todd Boeckman, Alex Boone, and our local boys K.C. Christian, Marcus Williams, and Tyler Whaley. His facial expression was my gift. Priceless.

One of our local players has always been close to our son and family and took care of this for him. Needless to say my son is already very protective of it and won't randomly allow it to be handled because he doesn't want fingerprints. He still has gifts to open tomorrow at Nana and Papaw's and is getting a glass display case which will help set his mind at ease.

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

ballparent wrote:
oak hill71 wrote:

One of our local players has always been close to our son and family and took care of this for him. Needless to say my son is already very protective of it and won't randomly allow it to be handled because he doesn't want fingerprints. He still has gifts to open tomorrow at Nana and Papaw's and is getting a glass display case which will help set his mind at ease.

Oh I see.

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

An Inconveinent Book - Glenn Beck's new book. (From my mom)

Playstation 3. (from my fiancee and my mom)

Madden 2008. (from my fiancee)

We Are Marshall dvd (from my fiancee)

new fishing pole and tackle box (from my grandfather)

Cleveland Indians tee shirt (my fiancee)

Her mom and dad got us a new kitchen set.

A 20 dollar gift card to the movies. (my aunt)

Christmas cards & a lot of candy

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

I got more than I deserved.

And then some. :shock:

kevbk6222
JV Team

Post by kevbk6222 »

i got an Authentic stiched Adrian Peterson jersey on Ebay for $55, a regular $300 ;-)

everything is stiched, i dont know who stole it, but im glad they did ;-)

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I posted that I got a photo album of his life from him. but i should have said it was just like a High School Year Book about 40 pages with writing under each pic. Its really nice. Im going to try to find the web site he got it from. he dont know it in english. LOL!!!

valleyfan07
Varsity

Post by valleyfan07 »

oak hill71 wrote:My favorite gift I ever gave was, my mom has been wanting chocolate for about 2 months, but never bought any because every cent went towards all 9 kids in my house, so I worked for my grandma for the last month, and got my mom $50 worth of chocolate. Wal-Mart has the packs of 25 actual size candy bars for $12, so we got her 3 of those, and the rest was in $1 dollar packs of the 8-Piece packages of chocolate. She just opened it a few minutes ago, and loves it. But she won't be eating it all at once.

That is soooo sweet of you. I am sure your mom loved the chocolate but more so the thought and love that went into it!!!

valleyfan07
Varsity

Post by valleyfan07 »

I got a lot of wonderful things from some wonderful people but I think the best gift I got this year was when my oldest son took the cash he got for christmas and went out shopping for my uncle and aunt. I asked him why because we drew names and he didn't get theirs and he said he felt bad that they didn't get to open a present so he bought them a $25 gift card to Olive Garden (their favorite rest.) He also went to buy everyone in the family gifts that were special to them. needless to say the gifts were absolutely perfect and were well loved and it even brought a tear to some eyes. That was the best gift I could have gotten this year!!!! The fact that I have such a loving son who thinks so much of others! I was also blessed in having both of children healthy and to have been blessed enough to provide them with the majority of what they wanted for christmas this year. What blessings we have that we take for granted!!

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

i mad OUT this year. which is a step up from usual years.

i got:

-an OSU 2008 calendar
-an OSU fleece
-a pair of OSU plaide pants
-an OSU ornament for the tree (something that was absent from our tree until now :mad: )
-some golf balls
-3 pair of jeans
-a big winter jacket that i'm going to be needing once winter quarter starts up
-Halloween (the new Rob Zombie one)
-Superbad
-Super Troopers

and the grandaddy of them all...

Guitar Hero 3 for PS2. thus far, i've only put it down long enough to eat, use the bathroom and go to work.

actually, the greatest gift of them all was the fact that i was able to spend it with my grandmother who almost died earlier this year :idea:
Last edited by Brutus8907 on Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

My best gift was one of my adult children fixed Christmas Eve dinner and served it. I have been cooking a party for our family for years( 25 years to be exact )and I really don't get to enjoy it because of the prep work and the cleanup after. This was the first time I have sat at a table and just enjoyed the meal and didn't have to cleanup!What a nice gift!

bigIman
Waterboy

Post by bigIman »

I also got a 32" plasma LG TV for Christmas I can't wait for that digital cable now

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

definately the free gift of salvation. but some of my gifts were , a bengal cell phone carrier, john wayne dvd set, socket set, black and decker 1 touch wrench, the complete sopranos collection, and most of all my family.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

My brother and his wife gave me a three piece Craftsman tool holder.

It is one of those big ones on wheels.

I love it!

It is the best gift I have received in quite some time!!

Also, my mom gave me some nice gold hoop earrings!

I got some nice Ohio State accessories too!!

Thanks, Little Brother, Sister-N-Law & Mom!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I SAW BROTHER ON CHRISTMAS NIGHT IN THE HOOD , BUT DID NOT SEE YOU. YOU MAY NOT HAVE ARRIVED YET. HOPE YOU HADDA GREAT CHRISTMAS. WE NEED TO BUILD SOME BIRDHOUSES TOGETHER. I'VE GOT EVERY THING I NEED NOW.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “The Off season”