GRNDMA1'S HUSBAND GOES TO BE WITH THE LORD TODAY.

General Chat
grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

MightyOaksFan wrote:sorry to hear about your loss

My family also had a loss this week, my great grandmother

I will be praying for you and your family.

I am so sorry to hear about your great grandma. I hope she went as peacefully as Roger did.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

The funeral went perfectly. It was everything he would have wanted. A young man in our community sang two very beautiful songs and my nephew gave a little speech on courage, honor, love, and hope which brought tears to everyones eyes. Our pastor also did a wonderful job. Then the Air Force did the burial ceremony complete with the flag folding, 21 gun salute, and taps. They sure were perfessional through the whole thing. They even presented me with the shell casings from the 21 gun salue. His sister said that he would have loved the whole thing. They did something that I didn't even realize they had done. They made a DVD of the whole funeral and placed it in with his funeral book. He had so many flowers that we placed some on other family member's graves, sent some home with family, and took some to the Holzer Center for Cancer Care. My family are all headed back to Alabama tomorrow and it will be quiet around here for awile, but I am ready for some quiet time.

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

grndma, may I have your email address ?

leave it in my pm box

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Hi, everyone. I am on here this morning not just to thank you for all your comments ,thoughts , prayers, pms, phone calls, and coming to the visitation, but something else. You folks don't know what you have meant to me. I think I would have went crazy being cooped up in the house all the time with no one to talk to except when the kids came over, especially during the last months. You have all been true friends who have taken me into your lives and accepted me as one of your friends. I have laughed with you, cried with you, even got mad at some of you at times during football season, received great advice, and even met several of you because of seops. You all have been there for me, so this is my way of sending a thank you card to each of you. Once again you will just never know how much you have all meant to me.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

grandma1

it was a real pleasure getting to meet you and have lunch with you, we even had some good laughs on that day. :lol:

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

grndma1 wrote:Hi, everyone. I am on here this morning not just to thank you for all your comments ,thoughts , prayers, pms, phone calls, and coming to the visitation, but something else. You folks don't know what you have meant to me. I think I would have went crazy being cooped up in the house all the time with no one to talk to except when the kids came over, especially during the last months. You have all been true friends who have taken me into your lives and accepted me as one of your friends. I have laughed with you, cried with you, even got mad at some of you at times during football season, received great advice, and even met several of you because of seops. You all have been there for me, so this is my way of sending a thank you card to each of you. Once again you will just never know how much you have all meant to me.

Grndma1 I can't pretend to even know what you've been through but I want you to know I feel you are part of my family. Anytime you just need to vent I'm your girl :-D If I have failed to give you my e-mail let me know and I will send it! Take care!

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

"Remember this, the choices you make in life, make you"

- John Wooden

"Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better."

- unknown

jbl
Waterboy

Post by jbl »

Hadn't seen this until today, but still wanted to tell you that your family is in my prayers as well.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

grndma1, i was treated so well by you, and your entire family. they are very special people, the showing was beautiful. and what a beautiful funeral home also. i told you , that you had a ton of friends on here. it was also great talking to you last night. we'll get you and bev, and kim to the next OBDTF dinner, if'n i gotta come get you'ns. :lol: your lil buddy. :-D

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Prayers & condolences from the Roby household

Return to “The Off season”