State Pays Man and Releases Him From Prison

General Chat
JHS4EVER
JV Team

State Pays Man and Releases Him From Prison

Post by JHS4EVER »

In Thursday's Dispatch it stated the State of Ohio will release a man from Piketon and pay him $600,000 for wages he lost while being in Prison. He pleaded guilty to this crime and is girlfriend said she did it,but passed a lie detector test,so I guess they really don't know who did it. What do you people think of this????????

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I, personally think lie detectors are voodoo. I'm not saying that they're not useful but I wouldn't trust them anymore than I would trust TigerTownTurkey

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

I thought lie detector tests could not be used in the Court of Law? Maybe I am wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

JHS4EVER wrote:I thought lie detector tests could not be used in the Court of Law? Maybe I am wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was always told this too.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

how long was he locked up for?

:D :D :D
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I'm reading a book right now where two guys are both on death row, neither of them did the crime that they were accused of but both confessed to doing it. One was in his early 20's, like 21 or something and he was grilled for 9 hours without stop. The man smoked, they wouldn't allow him to take a break for that..they were 3 men in their 40's and early 50's screaming at him, which would sure intimidate a 21 year old man. He finally confessed thinking that if he did so, then he could get away from them and prove that his confession was silly

JHS4EVER, I stand to be corrected but I was thinking that the defense could introduce the results of one of these test but not the prosecution. I could be wait out in left field though.

Return to “The Off season”