Bad move by Law Co. CAO Headstart

General Chat
BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Bad move by Law Co. CAO Headstart

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

On any given Saturday morning in Ironton during the early 50s you could find a good ball game at several locations around town, i.e., West Ironton, Lawrence Street, St Lawrence, St Joe, Kingsbury, Campbell, Lombard, Whitwell and Central. And now we are down to one, Central and it looks like it will be going to the graveyard for some unknown reason........a sad day in the lives of many who have graced that court......

but one consolation is we still have the 8th street park, the 9th street park and good ol Etna street park.........

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

No complaining on this thread????? This is a complaint, isn't it?

The Instructor wrote:They took perfectly good basketball courts away from McPhereson Street a few years back to sell the property to build houses.

They promised tennis courts, etc. for that land but changed their minds.

henrysteele
JV Team

Post by henrysteele »

Instead of "complaining" or "commenting" about the loss of Central's playground area on a Web board, why doesn't the neighborhood pool together in order to influence the school system to turn the entire block into a city-owned park when our new schools are completed.

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

henrysteele wrote:Instead of "complaining" or "commenting" about the loss of Central's playground area on a Web board, why doesn't the neighborhood pool together in order to influence the school system to turn the entire block into a city-owned park when our new schools are completed.

Why wait until the schools are completed? The school system isn't using the building now. The CAO is. Trust me, there are plenty of irate neighbors that are on their soap boxes about this situation to the CAO, city school administration and "city fathers."

henrysteele
JV Team

Post by henrysteele »

XandOs:

I know the school system is probably going to "sell" that building in the very near future. The CAO might get it for as little as one dollar. Personally, I would rather see the youth have a nice park.

I believe that the school board is meeting this week. Why not ask the board to address the immediate recreation concerns and request that the land be donated to the city as a park?

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

I didn't think they legally could donate it. I remember conversations around the bond levy concerning what will happen to the old schools once the new ones are built. The talk was that they must be put out for bid if the schools wanted to get rid of them and could not be donated or "sold for a dollar." I might have heard it wrong, but that was my recollection.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

mustang_lvr wrote:
BlindWhiteHat wrote:
The Instructor wrote:They took perfectly good basketball courts away from McPhereson Street a few years back to sell the property to build houses.

They promised tennis courts, etc. for that land but changed their minds.

So I guess you only care when it affects your neighborhood. Typical. :roll:

I see they let BWH out of the old folks home for the weekend :lol:

Shouldn't you be on the Games forum approaching 150,000 posts? :roll:

Return to “The Off season”