Witnesses say -- Ironton Police drag body several blocks

General Chat
henrysteele
JV Team

Re: Witnesses say -- Ironton Police drag body several blocks

Post by henrysteele »

DELETED POST
Last edited by henrysteele on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

Irontonian wrote:This is just pathetic. How on earth does a trained police officer, who spends the majority of his day behind the wheel of a police car, not notice that something is wrong with the vary same car he drives all day. Huh! :roll:

Guy was a very good person. He never bothered anyone. My prayers go out to his family.May god grant them the peace that the IPD has denied them by refusing their right of information (as the victims family).

The IPD (despite their major screw up) needs to show this family the respect they deserve and at least communicate with them. If they (IPD) were smart they would be going out of their way to develop some kind of rapport with the family, especially since they could very well make it hell on the IPD for a long time (ie, lawsuit).I dont get it, If this had been an ordinary citizen, who hit a pedestrian and drug him any length, the citizen would be charged with some sort of "hit and run" violation. The officer should be held at a higher standard. I know that they are trained in the academy on driving safety. He knew something was wrong the minute he hit the man. He should have gotten out and checked "the scene" right then (NOT 10 BLOCKS LATER). I noticed they arent trying to release the officer's name either. The police chief seems to believe that this was an unfortunate accident and the officer did nothing wrong (based on reports from the local media).Seems to me the IPD is giving the officer more respect than they are giving the victims family right now. And they wonder why the community (especially the black community) has no trust for them.HMMMMMMMMM?
I hope and pray they handle the remainder of this entire investigation better than they have so far. God knows what really happened out there and he is in control of all things.

Irontonian, I agree with you 100 percent....There is no way one could hit someone and travel that far without knowing something was wrong....The City needs to get to the bottom of this and not try to cover it up....It's time to stand-up and the defendant be accounted for....

My prayers go out to this family in need....I just can't believe a City official or the Police department did not have the respect to notify and talk to he family....

This is just a terrible tragedy

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Der_Kommissar1968 wrote:
The Instructor wrote:This is probably going to end up being another Ironton mystery.

Are there a lot of unsolved mysteries in Ironton?

YES!!

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

ghostwriter wrote:
Irontonian wrote:This is just pathetic. How on earth does a trained police officer, who spends the majority of his day behind the wheel of a police car, not notice that something is wrong with the vary same car he drives all day. Huh! :roll:

Guy was a very good person. He never bothered anyone. My prayers go out to his family.May god grant them the peace that the IPD has denied them by refusing their right of information (as the victims family).

The IPD (despite their major screw up) needs to show this family the respect they deserve and at least communicate with them. If they (IPD) were smart they would be going out of their way to develop some kind of rapport with the family, especially since they could very well make it hell on the IPD for a long time (ie, lawsuit).I dont get it, If this had been an ordinary citizen, who hit a pedestrian and drug him any length, the citizen would be charged with some sort of "hit and run" violation. The officer should be held at a higher standard. I know that they are trained in the academy on driving safety. He knew something was wrong the minute he hit the man. He should have gotten out and checked "the scene" right then (NOT 10 BLOCKS LATER). I noticed they arent trying to release the officer's name either. The police chief seems to believe that this was an unfortunate accident and the officer did nothing wrong (based on reports from the local media).Seems to me the IPD is giving the officer more respect than they are giving the victims family right now. And they wonder why the community (especially the black community) has no trust for them.HMMMMMMMMM?
I hope and pray they handle the remainder of this entire investigation better than they have so far. God knows what really happened out there and he is in control of all things.

Irontonian, I agree with you 100 percent....There is no way one could hit someone and travel that far without knowing something was wrong....The City needs to get to the bottom of this and not try to cover it up....It's time to stand-up and the defendant be accounted for....

My prayers go out to this family in need....I just can't believe a City official or the Police department did not have the respect to notify and talk to he family....

This is just a terrible tragedy

I have heard that he was trying to steal a catalytic converter.

If so, that could explain a lot.

I knew Guy and he was always very sweet to me.

I hate that this happened to him.

someoverkill
JV Team

Post by someoverkill »

How about this. Why don't you let the investigation take it's course and then speculate. I would hate to see people have to come back on here and apologize for something hasty said about someone else. Just a thought.

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

This was on the WSAZ website this morning:

A published report says preliminary autopsy results are inconclusive on the cause of death of an Ironton man.

46-year old Guy Thomas was found dead underneath an Ironton, OH police cruiser Saturday night.

The Lawrence County Coroner told a Huntington newspaper that there was no evidence of an impact injury.

The coroner also told the paper that there were some finding that could be consistent with a seizure.

henrysteele
JV Team

Post by henrysteele »

DELETED POST
Last edited by henrysteele on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

philthyphil wrote:This was on the WSAZ website this morning:

A published report says preliminary autopsy results are inconclusive on the cause of death of an Ironton man.

46-year old Guy Thomas was found dead underneath an Ironton, OH police cruiser Saturday night.

The Lawrence County Coroner told a Huntington newspaper that there was no evidence of an impact injury.

The coroner also told the paper that there were some finding that could be consistent with a seizure.

It sounds like another Ironton mystery.

R.I.P. Guy

BUCK I
Freshman Team

Post by BUCK I »

This is a very sad story, prayers to all that are invloved. Please try to remember that a family has lost a member, an another person is living with the thought that they may have hit someone accidently so we need to be respectful to what we post.

henrysteele
JV Team

Post by henrysteele »

DELETED POST

someoverkill
JV Team

Post by someoverkill »

Buck I: One hell of a post! Great job!

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

someoverkill wrote:How about this. Why don't you let the investigation take it's course and then speculate. I would hate to see people have to come back on here and apologize for something hasty said about someone else. Just a thought.

someoverkill, are you familiar with the investigation's in The City of Ironton????I know of at least 3 unsolved murders in the past 5 years and longer that are still unsolved....

henrysteele
JV Team

Post by henrysteele »

DELETED POST
Last edited by henrysteele on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

According to this article in The Ironton Tribune:
An inspection of the cruiser driven by Fouts showed no visible signs of damage.

“This included the front, both sides and rear,” the crash report states. “We found the dirt on the sides and rear of the vehicle didn’t appear to be disturbed. It was also found the snow, ice and dirt on the front of the cruiser was not disturbed.”

also, speaking of Mr. Thomas' body, Dr. Burton Payne, Lawrence County coroner, said
“(The forensic coroner) told me there were no findings consistent with impact injuries."

There's more at the URL listed above for The Tribune

Army
S

Post by Army »

wow :!:

henrysteele
JV Team

Post by henrysteele »

DELETED POST
Last edited by henrysteele on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

To me, it doesn't seem like there is any problem with IPD cooperating or trying to hide anything. It appears to me that they're going out of their way to make full disclosure with all agencies.

I remember reading a while back about an incident where someone had tied a person under the bumper of a family members vehicle so that when they took off it led to the death of that person. The person driving was horrified to know that they had killed relative like that and that was the intention of the killer. It will come to me soon I'm sure. Maybe someone else recalls it? It wasn't that long ago, like in the last year or so
Last edited by kantuckyII on Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I have looked at enough post on here and other places and said nothing, I can't hold it in anymore. It is sad that this happened, but there is plenty of blame to go around on both sides of this story, for the victim, one if his family knew he had epiplisy(sorry for spelling) then why let him out by himself knowing he could have a seizure at any moment, esp letting him go out at night by himself. As for the officer, what could you have been doing in that car that you wouldn't have had you eyes on the road, you should have seen him laying there, the potholes in Ironton are not big enough(yet) to hold a body in them. And for everyone in and around the city lets quit pointing blame at one group and come together, a family has lost a loved one and Ironton will most likely lose an officer one way or another, if you had dragged someone under a car and didn't know it, would you be able to come back and be an officer again, we need to think about the mental state of this officer right now, he killed someone on accident and now has to live with that for the rest of his life. Everyone should be giving both sides some love and understanding and let everything work itself out. Just remember what you parents and teachers use to tell you, if you have nothing nice to say then shut the h--- up.

henrysteele
JV Team

Post by henrysteele »

May God bless the Thomas family.
Last edited by henrysteele on Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

It is very tragic and sad what happened. The truth be known though, if I ran over somebody, and dragged them that far, I would be sitting in the slammer right now.

Return to “The Off season”