A word of thanks and much more

General Chat
mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

A word of thanks and much more

Post by mstangmom »

Many of us. while poking fun, and cursing because his weather predictions are correct. yet happy that they are so we could prepare for what was to happen. have taken the time to thank NLP for a Job well done. but there is so much more to his story right now that many either do not know or have not been updated on lately.

See he unselfishly gave his time so that we would accurately and well in advance know what to expect. what you may not realize is he took the time to do that between the time that he was caring for his mother, whom is very ill.

NLP has for the most part has put his life and dreams on hold to care for her 24/7. He is doing what so many have not or ever will do. when many think of caring for their mother or father, they think that by putting them in the best possible nursing home and visiting a few times a month they have done their job.
But NLP packed his bags, returned to his mothers home to give her the care and respect that she deserves from a loving and devoted son.

he is unsure at times if what he is doing is right or wrong, trying his best not to hurt her in anything he has to do for her. he is learning from his mistakes to do better by her and performing tasks that so many would say is beneath them. he is asking questions of some of us to learn things that must do and how to do it.

Now I would hope that few on here would even know at this time what he is having to do for her, while I know that some do.

I just hope that when you take the time to read his weather forecast you take the time to send him a message with words of encouragement for what he is having to endure at this time. and ask him how he is doing, let him know that he has people on his side. he is a good kid struggling to do the right thing right now with very little help.

AND NLP keep the questions coming, I hope the advise has help out so far.

:aaaaa58 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa58 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa58 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa57 :aaaaa57 :aaaaa57 :aaaaa57 :aaaaa57 :aaaaa57

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: A word of thanks and much more

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I THANK HIM FOR THIS, AND WHAT HE DOES USUALLY ABOUT ONCE A WEEK. UNAWARE THAT MOM WAS SICK. WE WILL PRAY FOR HER. CALL ME ANYTIME, NIGHT OR DAY BROTHER. JUST PM ME, I'LL GIVE YOU MY NUMBER.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Job well done --NLP

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

I can honestly say that I do know what he is going through with his Mom as I went through it with my Mom and my husband. And I have to tell you, he is handling things better than I did a few times. His love for his Mother and his faith keeps him going. But everyone on here also helped me keep going and I hope we are doing the same for him. Thanks NLP for all you do for us and for your Mom.

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Most 'caretakers' actually stop living their lives while caring for their sick loved ones. Everything comes to a screeching halt except caretaking. May God bless you for your loving actions and thanks for taking time to do some 'weather watching'.

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

I was in tears reading this. thank you guys so very much. thats all I can say. I just cant find anymore words.

this is a very hard time. testing everything from my faith to my relationships. but I am a better and more complete person for it.

But life is about family. I could have and I thought about leaving the area a few years ago. I had a chance to move out of the area. but it just didnt feel right and that is because everything happens for a reason. I know people who put everything else behind. Get out of SE Ohio, leave their family and chase their tail for years until they realize that life back in good old economically depressed Southeastern Ohio wasnt really all that bad after all. Because here we have eachother.

Each day I give my mom a hug and each day I hold on a little longer and a little tighter. She has had so many health problems at such a young age.

I dont think what I am doing makes me a saint. I just think I am doing the only thing I know in my heart to do.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

what a wonderful young man he is you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers NLP
if you ever need to just talk feel free to PM me can't guantee the answers but you may just feel better venting.. :122245 Personally I love your weather forecasts.. dog gone why do you have to be so darn good :shock: :122248 :122249 I'll pm my e-mail to you

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Nothing but respect for a kid who takes care of their parent thru something terrible. NLP no matter how hard it is or gets know your doing the right and proper thing. I went through this type of thing taking care of my mamaw after she had a stroke, It's tough for sure. Like the others have said before just holler if you need anything.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Dang it NLP you put tears in y eyes with what you wrote.

:aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18

Just know that you are doing a great job, a parent could not ask for more than the love and care you are giving.
:aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

Those of you that have sent/are sending emails. I will go ahead and respond here to reply to all at once so noboby thinks im ignoring them.

Thank you so very much. God Bless You.

Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

Its young men like you that renew my faith in the younger generation. Keep up the good work.

IHSTiger81
Riding the Bench

Post by IHSTiger81 »

newlexpanthers wrote:Each day I give my mom a hug and each day I hold on a little longer and a little tighter. She has had so many health problems at such a young age.

This really touched me. I lost my mom to cancer whenever I was 13. She was 40. Those hugs will carry you and comfort you for the rest of your life. I so admire what you are doing. We only get one go around in this life. You will never, ever regret taking care of her. How lucky she is to have raised a son like you. I will remember you in my prayers.

Der_Kommissar1968
JV Team

Post by Der_Kommissar1968 »

Hats off to Newlex. Stand up guy for stepping up to the plate! Don't know what your situation is, but obviously, it's a difficult time for you. Way to be there!!!!!!

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

each day is such a blessing. my perspective sure changed, no day is just another day anymore.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

I applaud you, for all that you have done, and are doing. :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41

Return to “The Off season”