72 year old woman murdered in Jackson County

General Chat
mvlnewlex
All Conference

72 year old woman murdered in Jackson County

Post by mvlnewlex »

I saw this on WBNS earlier.

Who in the world would beat a 72 year old woman to death ? I have said it before, there is some serious evil in our society. It is evil. Call it what it is.

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Re: 72 year old woman murdered in Jackson County

Post by mvlnewlex »

WSAZ story

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/17024936.html

Her name was Carol Evans. This is just horror. and this is too close to home. I dont understand, why beat her to death ? Why not just tie her up or something. Or if they were determined to kill her, why didnt they just bring a gun ?

Beating a 72 year old woman to death. That is just horror. This whole thing is heartbreaking.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

sad :122247

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

my theory is...

who ever this person was. they had a lot of stones to rob a random farm house out in the country. People in the country have guns and are usually married couples.... unless, the person knew ahead of time that only Mrs Evans lived there and she would be alone.

Either the person already knew her, or was stalking her.

To beat her to death took a lot of rage. Why not just shoot her or even strangle her ? Try to break into a farm house in the middle of the night with no gun ? but... no signs of forced entry. somebody walked right in.

Personal. I really would think the person had to have known her personally in some way.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Hi everyone. Just got to my sister's house after being in Orlando a few days. My kids called me as soon as this happened. The lady is the mother of one of our school board members . One of my kids told me today that the news said there are suspects and that even though she was beaten about the head and face that the actual cause of death was strangulation. She also told me the rumors that were flying around town, but those I won't repeat on here, because they are not proven facts.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

the news this morning told how the husband arrived home from mrytle beach a few hours later and the would not let him on the scene and also the deputies had been there before for distribances between the two..
here is the story
http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/ ... ml?sid=102

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

What kind of husband would go to Myrtle Beach without his wife ?. I would understand if it was a fishing trip in Alabama or something, but Myrtle Beach is not the kind of place a husband would normally go without his wife. It is a couples and family type place. with a lot of high school and college students invading in the spring and summer.

I think that alone sets off some sirens.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

grndma1 wrote:Hi everyone. Just got to my sister's house after being in Orlando a few days. My kids called me as soon as this happened. The lady is the mother of one of our school board members . One of my kids told me today that the news said there are suspects and that even though she was beaten about the head and face that the actual cause of death was strangulation. She also told me the rumors that were flying around town, but those I won't repeat on here, because they are not proven facts.
------------------------ I FIGURED YOU MIGHT BE GONE, I'VE CALLED YOU A COUPLE TIMES , AND COULD NOT REACH YOU. :122248 HAVE FUN. BRING ME SOMETHING NEAT, :122245

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

newlexpanthers wrote:What kind of husband would go to Myrtle Beach without his wife ?. I would understand if it was a fishing trip in Alabama or something, but Myrtle Beach is not the kind of place a husband would normally go without his wife. It is a couples and family type place. with a lot of high school and college students invading in the spring and summer.

i think you're reading a little too much into it if you think the husband had something to do with it just because he was out of town.

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

newlexpanthers wrote:What kind of husband would go to Myrtle Beach without his wife ?. I would understand if it was a fishing trip in Alabama or something, but Myrtle Beach is not the kind of place a husband would normally go without his wife. It is a couples and family type place. with a lot of high school and college students invading in the spring and summer.

The kind that also has a girlfriend

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

I haven't heard anymore on this does anyone know what is going on and do they have any suspects yet??

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

They said on the news this morning that there are suspects in the case and they are doing interviews, including interviews with the suspects. That's the only up date so far today.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

so glad they have leads hopefully they find the gutless person that did this!

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

The news this morning said that the interviews will continue. They said they have sent investigators to Myrtle Beach also, and that they have multiple suspects.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

grndma1 wrote:The news this morning said that the interviews will continue. They said they have sent investigators to Myrtle Beach also, and that they have multiple suspects.

hmm sounds like they are covering everything then! Good!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

The "couple" had a home in Myrtle Beach which the husband was visiting. That is why they are checking that out along with everything in between here and there.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

An arrest warrant on a conspiracy to commit aggravated murder charge was issued today for 40 year old Terry L. Vance of Eisnaugle Road in Jackson in the death of Mrs. Evans. At this moment his whereabouts are unknown, and other suspects are still being investigated. You can read about it on http://www.thetelegramnews.com or http://www.wbns10tv.com.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

I just heard that lets hope they settle this soon

Return to “The Off season”