Dr. Phil bails out one of the girls from the YouTube beating

General Chat
whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Dr. Phil bails out one of the girls from the YouTube beating

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

One of the girls charged in the vicious beating on a classmate was bailed out of a Florida jail by TV talk show host Dr. Phil McGraw, the show confirmed in a statement on Saturday.

Mercades Nichols, one of eight teens charged in the brutal attack which was captured on a YouTube video, was bailed out by a representative of the show on Friday night, according to a report from MyFOXTampaBay.com.

A judge on Friday set bails ranging from $30,000 to $37,000 for the teenagers.

The Dr. Phil representative was waiting by the jail's exit, and when Nichols walked out, he tried to block Tampa TV station camera people from getting video of Nichols and her family leaving jail.

In the statement on Saturday, the Dr. Phil show said that bailing the girl out of jail was a violation of the show’s rules, and that the show would no longer go forward with the girl’s story.

"In this case, certain staff members went beyond our guidelines (re the bail being paid). These staff members have been spoken to and our policies reiterated. In addition, we have decided not to go forward with the story as our guidelines have been compromised," the statement read.

Click here for more on this story from MyFOXTampaBay.com.

ballparent
S

Re: Dr. Phil bails out one of the girls from the YouTube beating

Post by ballparent »

This is just another example of him and his show feeding on media frenzy just as they did in the Britney Spears drama. They needed to bail her out in order to make her available to appear on his show. That's getting a little hard up finding topics if you ask me. I never had a whole of respect for him and this sort of seals my opinion. Of course he's blaming it on his producers and will play the unaware game, but if that is indeed the case and he is that clueless about how his show is ran and organized he's just as guilty. I'm sure this will make his ratings drop even further, at least I'm hoping.

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

Are we refering to that one on one "fair fight" ?

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

He and Oprah have become somewhat like the Jerry Springer show.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Kids need to look at this case so maybe they won't fall into the same mess that these girls are in. You are not allowed to force someone to stay somewhere, it's a serious crime, not unlike kidnapping. They have caused this girl permanent injuries as well and they're all in some deep trouble

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

that's the reason I don't like ole king ( he thinks he is) Dr. Phil

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Was it actually Dr. Phil or someone else who did this stupid act?

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

alabama mike wrote:Was it actually Dr. Phil or someone else who did this stupid act?

Quote from the article:
Mercades Nichols, one of eight teens charged in the brutal attack which was captured on a YouTube video, was bailed out by a representative of the show on Friday night

It seems it was someone working for him but it also seems that when wind of these tactics hit the media he claims no knowledge and backs off plans for the show. It's hard for me to believe that he has no knowledge of his show plans for the next week.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Dr Phil is a tool and his show is a waste of an hour a day of air space.

Return to “The Off season”