General Chat
The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

A Gated Community In Coal Grove?

Post by The Instructor »

Gated community coming to Coal Grove

By Mark Shaffer/The Ironton Tribune

Thursday, April 10, 2008 11:37 AM EDT
COAL GROVE — A California development company is building a gated community along the Ohio River in Coal Grove.

And according to its research, the company said the development — called Limestone Community — is the first of its kind in Lawrence County and possibly the area.

“We designed it for families, family gathering and family moments,” said Reginald Charles, the president and CEO of R&C Capital Group, a private investment company based in Northridge, Calif. “We want people to be comfortable and feel safe in their surroundings.”

A construction start date has not been announced yet for the gated community off County Road 181.

He said Coal Grove was picked as a site after doing market research that showed there was an opportunity to build upscale housing.

According to the company’s Web site, Limestone Community “shall be a premiere residential development featuring a wrought iron gated entry, with 24 hour surveillance cameras, manicured landscaped grounds with the Ice Creek stream flowing into Solomon’s Pond” and will have “gated entrances, tree-lined streets, walking and bicycle paths, concierge service and dozens of amenities,” including “basic concierge service, landscaping with grounds keepers, maintenance attendants and onsite management office to handle standard living conditions and rubbish service.”

Charles said his research showed that there wasn’t this type of housing in the area and that there were many people who live in Coal Grove but work eight to 20 miles away.

But he said the main thing is security.

“Single mothers should feel safe in their home, empty nesters should feel safe,” he said. “I think with what we offer it will be a very tranquil place.”

Its first phase will consist of 36 town-homes ranging in size from 1,700 - 2,250 square feet; most of these residences will be along the Ice Creek stream line and Solomon’s Pond. There will be 16 single-family residences ranging from 1,500-4,100 square feet. Prices start at $135,000 and can go up to $500,000.

Limestone Community will sit on 140 acres and the grading to level the property has already begun. The work began two years ago and land has been purchased and permits are in place. Charles said that he didn’t want to release too much information about the project until everything was in order.

“Before we made a lot of promises we couldn’t keep, we wanted to be sure of what we could actually do,” Charles said. “We didn’t want to say we were going to bring in a waste water treatment facility until we had the permit in place. We have the site plans in place.”

Charles said he would like to also build office condominiums with retail buildings for businesses like Coffee, Bean and Cheese and Panella Bread.

For more information, http://www.limestonecommunity.com or call (740) 532-3881.

http://www.irontontribune.com/articles/ ... ocal01.txt

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Re: A Gated Community In Coal Grove?

Post by The Instructor »

This sounds silly to me.

There are a lot of things needed here besides a gated community.

Oh well.....
Last edited by The Instructor on Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

is crime that bad???

someoverkill
JV Team

Post by someoverkill »

this is a for profit venture. "Needed things" dont usually bring in much profit. Gated Community and Coal grove. That sounds a bit funny. Where is this gated community?

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I'm guessing that Coal Grove needs more employment options for area residents more than it needs upscale homes in a gated community. Build a building/business that will employ people instead.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Gated community in Coal Grove???

Isn't that like building the Taj Mahal in a trailer park? lol

Tiger Man
Varsity

Post by Tiger Man »

It is not even in Coal Grove it is on Hog Run Road

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

The Instructor wrote:This sounds silly to me.

There are a lot of things need here besides a gated community.

Oh well.....
--------------------------------- wrong there needs to be a big fence around coal grove, :aaaaa32 :aaaaa32

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THE OLD DUMP ROAD IS NOW RIVALING THE LATEST IN GATED COMMUNITIES. WHAT WILL THEY DO WITH ALL THE MATRESSES. :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46

Orkan
Waterboy

Post by Orkan »

Single mothers???? Empty nestors???? I'm sure those folks are going to jump all over those $135000 to $500000 bargains.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

orange-n-brown 365 wrote:is crime that bad???

No....

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

someoverkill wrote:this is a for profit venture. "Needed things" dont usually bring in much profit. Gated Community and Coal grove. That sounds a bit funny. Where is this gated community?

"A California development company is building a gated community along the Ohio River in Coal Grove."
"A construction start date has not been announced yet for the gated community off County Road 181."

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Good post NYBUCK.... this is crazy idea... JOBS are what we need... :12224

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I was thinking that they were going to make the Trailer Park a Gated Community to keep the propery prices up in surrounding neighborhoods? They were to erect large fences to block the view like they do in a junk yard?

Hey, it would bring good taxes into Coal Grove, I'm sure that they won't mind it

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WHATS NEXT A SANDALS INN ATOP THE HILL ON 141 WHERE THE OLD JUNK YARD WAS. THEY COULD HAVE A HEATED POOL, CAUSE I'M SURE THAT SUCKER IS STILL BURNIN UNDER THERE. :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:WHATS NEXT A SANDALS INN ATOP THE HILL ON 141 WHERE THE OLD JUNK YARD WAS. THEY COULD HAVE A HEATED POOL, CAUSE I'M SURE THAT SUCKER IS STILL BURNIN UNDER THERE. :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24

Yep, that place will be burning long after we are gone!!

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

kantuckyII wrote:I was thinking that they were going to make the Trailer Park a Gated Community to keep the propery prices up in surrounding neighborhoods? They were to erect large fences to block the view like they do in a junk yard?

Hey, it would bring good taxes into Coal Grove, I'm sure that they won't mind it

We are already a gated community there at The Trailer Park.

We have a couple of huge dogs and they keep everyone away from the gate!! :122249

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

If they're building this at the Coal Grove end of Hog Run Road which I assume they are then the property owners better stock up on mosquito spray since I'm thinking that the frequent back water across the road by the ball fields would hold a few wigglers. :shock:

Return to “The Off season”