Post by grizzly »

Orange and Brown wrote:Idol sucks

it will if David Cook doesn't win

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Re: American Idol?

Post by The Instructor »

David Cook should win.

David Archuletta does not seem like idol material to me.

He seems more like a choir boy.

He should do a gospel cd after the show is over.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

I think Jason Castro forgetting the words to the song may be his kiss of death. Though, Brooke White did that a couple of times and still lingered around. David Cook was great again and so was Syesha. David Archuletta is good, his voice is great, but he still closes his eyes a lot. I think you can just tell he's young.

someoverkill
JV Team

Post by someoverkill »

If Castro doesnt go home this week, the show loses any credibility it may have. The guy is the worse top 4 in idol history and it is a travesty that anone went home before this guy. Archelleta is overrated. He is great at songs like Clay aiken. But he is not a complete performer. I think Syesha and Cook should be in the finals, but I feel it will be Archelletta that will take it all. Too many 14 year olds vote on this.

grizzly
Freshman Team

Post by grizzly »

I agree, Jason needs to go. Not that either of his songs were great, but i think that if he hadn't forgot his lines he would be back next week.

BUCK I
Freshman Team

Post by BUCK I »

I hope that David Cook wins.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Well, Jason Castro seemed relieved to go. He struggled and couldn't remember the lines when he had to do two songs and said he didn't know what he would have done next week when they'll be doing three songs. :) Teenage Wastelands by David Cook was a good one. 8)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i agree ballparent. it was his kiss of death. he nah -nahed through 3 lines. honestly after the second week, i ranked them on a tv guide cover, i had castro leaving first. my top 3 i picked are the three left. i had them in this order.
1 david cook
2 david archuletta
3 syesha mercado

i honestly want cook to win, but would not be suprised to see syesha take it all, she has had like 5 amazing weeks in a row. but my wife got me hooked on this. i bout quit watching it the week carly left, before brooke or jason. i think teeny boppers were keeping castro in it. but where will those votes now go. my guess is the young dave.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

The Instructor wrote:David Cook should win.

David Archuletta does not seem like idol material to me.

He seems more like a choir boy.

He should do a gospel cd after the show is over.

I think David Archuletta has been singing his Dad's choices but maybe that will change.

David Archuleta's dad loses 'American Idol' backstage pass

By LYNN ELBER
AP Television Writer

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Backstage meddling has caught up "American Idol" favorite David Archuleta's dad, who's been banned from rehearsals, a person working for the TV talent contest said Friday.

Jeff Archuleta was told this week by producers that he can no longer join 17-year-old son as David as he prepares for the show, the person familiar with the matter told The Associated Press. The person wasn't authorized to comment publicly and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The show's action was first reported Friday by the online Web site TMZ.

David Archuleta of Murray, Utah, is one of three contestants left as the top-rated Fox show heads toward the Jan. 20-21 finale. The fresh-faced teenager with the big voice has consistently been deemed a front-runner by the judges and been a consistent fan favorite.

Jeff Archuleta's intense backstage involvement had become a source of concern for the series, the person connected with "American Idol" said - but it was a lyric change on Tuesday's show that pushed producers to act.

Despite a warning, Jeff Archuleta insisted on altering "Stand by Me," one of two songs his son sang on the show Tuesday. By adding a verse from Sean Kingston's "Beautiful Girls," the father incurred additional costs for "American Idol," the person said.

Fox declined comment. Attempts to reach Jeff Archuleta for comment were unsuccessful. A phone number listed under his name in Murray, Utah, was no longer in service, and Fox did not immediately respond to a request Friday evening for help in contacting the family.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

David Cook is my frontrunner. David Archuletta is young and needs more experience, like not singing a Chris Brown song, saying "My Boo", and trying to dance at the same time. Syesha's good but I'm afraid she'll go tonight.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

yep...the girl is gone.

I will be surprised if David Archuletta does not win.

just for the fact he IS so young.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Both of the Davids have their own style, both are excellent on certain songs, I just think that David Archuletta is younger and will have his chance. And David Cook is just plain good. Regardless I think all three tonight will have a great career. I will be pleased with whichever David wins, I felt they were the best from the beginning.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:You just gotta like anyone with a name like David, it's biblical you know. 8) :122245

yep

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

orange-n-brown 365 wrote:
FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:You just gotta like anyone with a name like David, it's biblical you know. 8) :122245

yep

We have two Davids....well, three ;-) so we are beyond biblical.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

man, i hated to see any of these 3 go. syesha was realy pouring it on in my opinion. see will be as successful as carrie underwood, i'm predicting. but now for the 2 david's. who will get syeshas vote. as she is gone. i love cook. but actually think his last 2 weeks have been weaker than before, and archuletta looked like elvis coming to utah. i want cook. BUT I'M PREDICTING PUBLICALLY THAT DAVID ARCHULETTA WILL BE 2008'S NEXT AMERICAN IDOL. JUST TOO MANY YOUNGSTERS WITH CELL PHONES. :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Wow, what a show. I really enjoyed it tonight and I was right, David Cook won. Of course they will probably both make it big. The only thing I thought was a little off was the front of Paula's dress and the bottom of Carrie Underwoods dress. :aaaaa66 :aaaaa66

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

It was a great show. I really enjoyed David Cook singing with ZZTopp. I was impressed with how David Archuletta took the loss. I was afraid he'd cry. They both will probably have great careers as will some of the others, I think.

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

I was shocked that David Cook won. I was rooting for him but I really thought David A. would win. I also agree Carrie Underwood's outfit looked like a jacket and she forgot to put the pants on. I also can't understand why with all the kids in the audience why they wouldn't have chosen a different song for her to sing other than "I Don't Even Know My Last Name".

itownpaw
All Conference

Post by itownpaw »

I don't see how David Cook won by 12 million votes. I was rooting for David A. I agree that they both will make it big.

RiverRatZap
SEOPS

Post by RiverRatZap »

grndma1 wrote:The only thing I thought was a little off was the front of Paula's dress and the bottom of Carrie Underwoods dress. :aaaaa66 :aaaaa66

Looks pretty good to me grandma1 :aaaaa4

Return to “The Off season”