Ohio man jailed because daughter didn't earn GED

General Chat
mvlnewlex
All Conference

Re: Ohio man jailed because daughter didn't earn GED

Post by mvlnewlex »

I will admit the mistake I made was talking too much about last year. and not just making it simple.

but when I sat down and typed that email. I meant to say.

"I know we have had some differences. I said some things I regret in the past. Are we cool ?"

I, too would show the messages to anyone who asks to see them.

and I never lied to anyone about the messages. infact I showed them to orange-n-brown and FIDO. Two people who have respect for you and I both.

nothing changed. other than I still cant earn your respect.
Last edited by mvlnewlex on Tue May 13, 2008 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

newlexpanthers wrote:I will admit the mistake I made was talking too much about last year. and not just making it simple.

but when I sat down and typed that email. I meant to say.

"I know we have had some differences. I said some things I regret in the past. Are we cool ?"

What???? You've never sent me an e-mail, pm's....yes, and no, we're not cool, don't change the subject. You won't post it or my response and haven't told me to post my copies I've saved....anyway I thought you chose to drop it..... :lol: so have you changed your mind?

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

i consider a pm an email. LOL.

send me your copy. I will send you my copy.

if they are not the same. I will post yours. If they are the same. I will post mine.
Last edited by mvlnewlex on Tue May 13, 2008 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

newlexpanthers wrote:i consider a pm an email. LOL.

if you want to post your copies. do so.

Alrighty then...these are the pm's from Newlex to me and my response that he has stewed over for quite some time.
Newlex pm:

Previous PM in history | Previous PM | Next PM

Message subject: Re: health question (UTI)
Sent at: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:34 pm
To: ballparent

I am sorry I blew up at you. You now know what I am going through at this time in my life.

but last spring, when I was having a really hard time, you sure didnt make me feel any better by telling me you thought I was dangerous and a threat to myself and others. you said you hoped that I never was allowed to come back. Did that hurt ? of course it hurt ?

you can say this is just an internet site. but what happened last spring did have a negative impact on my faith. and it did make me doubt my faith more. Because I felt like I needed to witness to others, and then I felt like I failed miserably. you are right. I did self destruct in a way. The emails I sent you were unexcuseable. I admit I was wrong.

can you admit that you were wrong about me ? I am not dangerous or a threat to myself and other people. I am not self centered and just looking for attention. and im not a rude person overall !

I guess I feel like you still look down on me

:aaaaa18 Image

My response:
Next PM in history | Previous PM | Next PM

Message subject: Re: health question (UTI)
Sent at: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:56 am
To: newlexpanthers

Your PM starts out as an apology and then continues into a rant once again over your problems before and reasons why you justify your actions and you manage to again want to lay blame on others including me. Once again I would like to say that YOU are the only one who continues to bring them up. Everyone has stress including my family but I choose not to post personal details on a public forum.
Do not PM me again or I will notify administrators.
Last edited by ballparent on Wed May 14, 2008 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

let me first say those are accurate. you did not alter them in any way shape or form.

but looking at it a month later. my message to you made me look like a whiner. but I wasnt after pitty. I was trying to get you to understand me better.

your response really hurt. the state of mind that I have been in made it worse.

but my intentions were not what you saw them to be. and for a long time I didnt realize that. I feel like I have a 0% chance of earning your respect. I have no way of getting on your good side. thats the only thing that bothers me now. maybe it will just take time.

so, where do we stand.

can we move on with no hard feelings ?

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Newlex quote:
I feel like I have a 0% chance of earning your respect. I have no way of getting on your good side.

You're right. Drop it and move on.

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

yes, ok

best reguards

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

orange-n-brown 365 wrote:but he is responsible because she was under his care!!!

Here's the kicker, she missed more school and did worse when she was living with her Mother, why isn't she in jail too.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:I do not normally applaud the system when they do things like this but, this time everyone involved knew the consequences if the girl and father did not comply. , So I say good for the system in getting this done.

Agreed, parents are responsible for their children. But [esp at the high school level] can you chain them to the bedpost to keep them where they belong? No. If you see them leave for school, should you trust that's really where they're going? To what extent are you obliged to check up on them? And how can you tell if a child is really "studying" even if confined to their room and deprived of TV, computer or video games?
I have a little problem with this - how is a parent supposed to hold down a job themself [be a productive, tax-paying, child-supporting citizen] and yet still be available for 24/7 surveilance on their kids - instantly at their beck-and-call?
I'm a little afraid that rulings like this one will give kids a new way to "retaliate" against perceived strictness by their parents - "I skip school often enough and my "evil" parents will get in trouble or even put in jail - what fun!"
I absolutely understand the neccessity of parental accountability and responsibility - just wondering about the potential for mischief or sabotage or "unintended consequences" resulting from this.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

2trap_4ever wrote:
orange-n-brown 365 wrote:but he is responsible because she was under his care!!!

Here's the kicker, she missed more school and did worse when she was living with her Mother, why isn't she in jail too.

then mom needs her butt there also!

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

By this logic shouldn't every drop out's parents be jailed?

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Boonedawg wrote:By this logic shouldn't every drop out's parents be jailed?

if the child is underage and the parent doesn't do their job to make the kid go the school then fiine them and send them to jail all of them

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

unconstitutional

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

yep. it is the law that needs changed.

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

Also what you see in those 3rd world is government controlling people.

government control over the people is never a good thing.

an education is something that people have to seek. odds are if you get some of these kids in school. they wont be productive anyways.

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

if you want a good enough reason to stay in school. take away public assistance for those who do not have a diploma or a GED.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

know of a family who both parents are uneducated.. get SSI checks and all 5 or 6 kids get checks and they brag how they get HUD and $3000 a month I bet ma and pa are soooooooooooo proud!

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

orange-n-brown 365 wrote:know of a family who both parents are uneducated.. get SSI checks and all 5 or 6 kids get checks and they brag how they get HUD and $3000 a month I bet ma and pa are soooooooooooo proud!

And this is exactly why the government regulates that each child receives a public education. If it was up to these lazy parents, of which there are many, their children wouldn't go to school. Maybe, just maybe, one will be reached and realize that they don't want to live this way.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

ballparent wrote:
orange-n-brown 365 wrote:know of a family who both parents are uneducated.. get SSI checks and all 5 or 6 kids get checks and they brag how they get HUD and $3000 a month I bet ma and pa are soooooooooooo proud!

And this is exactly why the government regulates that each child receives a public education. If it was up to these lazy parents, of which there are many, their children wouldn't go to school. Maybe, just maybe, one will be reached and realize that they don't want to live this way.

well the parents are the same way so the apple didn't fall far

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

ballparent wrote:
newlexpanthers wrote:While I strongly support the moral part of this. I dont not think government or judges should have this much control over any American. It is Unconstitutional and it goes in the fascism category.

the truancy law is also unconstitutional and fascist, IMO.

we need reform and we need to work on getting more middle-lower income students access to a private education. I believe it is in the best intrest of the USA that we work over a long peroid of time to decrease and eventually no longer need public education. its a government monopoly. many parts of the system would be much better off in the private sector. but with government help to make sure all have access.

If I want to open up a school. Hire the best teachers and buy the best books. Why do I have to compete against a government monopoly ?

if I dont not want to send my child to a public school. and I dont have much money. Why are my choices so narrow and restricted in the United States of America ? If I pay taxes, why wont the government help me send my child to a private school ?

but things are what they are at the moment

But you have to wonder who is blocking progress toward something better ?

two words

Teachers Union.

This has to be the most moronic, inconsistent post I have ever read. Lucky me, I got on without being logged on and got to read it. And notice I said that the post was moronic, I didn't call you a moron Newlex. Go ahead and do your usual and tell me to shut up when I don't swallow your storylines, it doesn't matter. I will express my opinion on this matter.
Thank God we live in America where our children are given the privilege to attend school and their parents are held accountable that they are given the right to take advantage of this wonderful gift from our government. Many in our world aren't so lucky and would do anything for the precious gift of a free education. If our government didn't hold parents accountable many children would never learn to read or write, let alone take advantage of school free lunch programs and given the opportunity to be even able to socialize with others. A lot don't get out of bed when their children leave for school now, so let's make it easier so they never let their children get an education. This is the government's way of protecting our children's rights. It's not a problem to most parents and they appreciate the education, the only people who wouldn't would be parents like the one in the article who seem to let their daughter call the shots and have for a while instead of being parents. But yet you think it's facist to hold parents responsible but yet you feel if you're poor the government should provide access to private schooling?!?
:aaaaa115

Amen Sister!

Return to “The Off season”