Down On Our Knees Before China

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Down On Our Knees Before China

Post by kantuckyII »

I can't believe that I went to Lowe's today looking at plywood and seeing most of it was made in China. What the heck is going on? now, our president has elected to send all that oil there too. Who hates us? I think we know!

blue53
All State

Re: Down On Our Knees Before China

Post by blue53 »

I remember a few years back all the dry wall that came from China had to be replaced in homes because of the mold and stuff in it. Its not only bad enough that we are sending money over there and jobs, but they continue to send inferior products.

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

kantuckyII wrote:I can't believe that I went to Lowe's today looking at plywood and seeing most of it was made in China. What the heck is going on? now, our president has elected to send all that oil there too.
Who hates us? I think we know!
The CEO of Lowes? Is that the correct answer?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

We're sending them that oil that could be used here too blue53 when Obama turned down the pipeline..oil, many jobs etc etc..

Ultimately, the decision belongs to us. IF we spend a little bit of extra time, we can often find American made substitutes. China isn't our friend, they want to run this planet and the brutalize their own people! Yet, probably 60% (admittedly, my own guess) of good sold in this country is made there. That only leaves 40% for Mexico :shock:

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

kantuckyII wrote:We're sending them that oil that could be used here too blue53 when Obama turned down the pipeline..oil, many jobs etc etc..

Ultimately, the decision belongs to us. IF we spend a little bit of extra time, we can often find American made substitutes.
China isn't our friend, they want to run this planet
and the brutalize their own people! Yet, probably 60% (admittedly, my own guess) of good sold in this country is made there. That only leaves 40% for Mexico :shock:
Many around the world think the same about us. Why are Americans buying Chinese made goods? Do we have another choice? If so, why aren't we buying them?

Tiger Lady
SE

Post by Tiger Lady »

Dinocrocetti wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:We're sending them that oil that could be used here too blue53 when Obama turned down the pipeline..oil, many jobs etc etc..

Ultimately, the decision belongs to us. IF we spend a little bit of extra time, we can often find American made substitutes.
China isn't our friend, they want to run this planet
and the brutalize their own people! Yet, probably 60% (admittedly, my own guess) of good sold in this country is made there. That only leaves 40% for Mexico :shock:
Many around the world think the same about us. Why are Americans buying Chinese made goods? Do we have another choice? If so, why aren't we buying them?
U R a very smart man Dino.......just dont get hung up like ITownhosscat did discussing an issue and get your thread deleted.......when Kentuck has someone who disagrees with him.....something seems to happen with their posts.......

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

True,I feel like I should be in Vegas doing Magic shows,the way some of these posts disappear lol

PUNKUNHEAD
Riding the Bench

Post by PUNKUNHEAD »

I am with you, I think we should all leave and never come back, c,mon whos wit me, follow me ot the door.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Was at the airport in Columbus this evening. As I was walking out it, I looked up on the big screen that they have when you leave the terminal and they had this huge ad on that showed a cargo ship full of shipping containers and the script under it said, 'don't import liability from China - let our labs do the testing, not the market' How many times have we seen that out of China?!I'm talking about items that are dangerous... A BUNCH!

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Then go out and tell Corporate America you are fed up and will not buy any products from China........Bring jobs back to this country, even if it means less profit for the Greedy Old Pigs that control these corporations.......... :12224

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

You're right too Abuck...we all need to pitch in. Oh, trust me, I'm not above digging through the shelves till I find that 'Made In America' marker. You can do it often times and it won't even cost you anymore! Last year, the wife and I were at Linen and Things or whatever it's called at the Huntington Mall. She remarked we needed some drinking glasses..the first half dozen or so we picked up and promptly sat back down said, 'Made In China' on them. A minute later, there were a pack of six that had that blessed slogan, 'Made in America' and they came home with us. Funny thing is, they were as attractive as the others, appeared to be as good as quality or better and..they were comparably priced with the Made in China one's!

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

I think it's time to get my two by four out and get my thumb in the air... Hiyoooo! USA, USA,

Return to “The Off season”