INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

General Chat
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

and even though I have a fresh batch out. I thinks me humminbirds has gone south for the year. I love watching them lil fellers. no wonder they are so small and need food round the clock, all they do is drink n fight. I know it made an ole man out of me early, till I discovered how much I like sweet tea instead.and remembering the night before.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and the traffic here on 220 is really busy with 104 and 551 closed. you have to think 1st responders have been wored plumb out with this getting to calls. it will certainly help with congestion and getting to people that need help 1st.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

'Bait-How about an update?

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

When are refilling the lake ?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THINGS LOOK TO BE ON SCHEDULE FELLERS,OOPS-the lake is getting some water on the back end where 104 is. I think everybody is going to be pleasantly surprised. this is a huge undertaking. and the dam is going to be awesome. with a much huger capacity to maintain or release water levels. fish wise, mostly big ole carp. some huge cats have been taken out. I think it is vitally important to get some depth before winter time to provide oxygen for any fish population left, because they are forecasting a brutally cold winter. gone are all the old stumps and trees, good for skiers, bad for fisherman. as the lake provides little structurally other than some ledges. but honestly we had a good fishery here. one afternoon I caught 134 crappie right in front of my house only using rooster tails of different colors. I never kept any, but had a blast. we had an excellent channel cat fishery, as well as flatheads and an occasional blue. we had a good population also of perch and saugeye. mostly undersized bluegills with an occasional slab. but I'm very pleased with what I'm seeing get done. they are working constantly, and late a lot of nights.they have developed a very nice area on the backside of the dam, that will be very nice that leads to the Scioto river. and to the left of the dam in the bottoms where flooding occurred. they have raised that like 20feet. and have made a winding creek right there, that should provide excellent bank fishing opportunities. I'd love to see them make that a park type atmosphere. it is supposed to be ready to go by spring. I'm hearing they are going to aggressively stock it. and about everybody has some kind of dock/bank restoration going on. I think you all will really like it. but it appears to be well on schedule. now if they would develop the island some that would be awesome. but it looks to be right on schedule. anybody that's ever spent anytime here will be very impressed when you see what they've done.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

hey gang the debris is all gone from the lake as far as stumps n logs. there are burn piles everywhere. I was down in the lakebed yesterday on the gator and got what was left here at my place up. not having the stumps n logs is good for boaters, but not so much for fisherman. a lot of work being done around the lake by the residents. everybody is making that big push to finish up. I think everybody is really gonna like it. and if you ain't ever been here. come stetch a line sometime with ole bait, n i'll have a big ole jug of luzianne sweet tea with ya.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

tight lines n blue skys to ya'll.

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:tight lines n blue skys to ya'll.
And to you Bait. How about an update as to status and what we can expect thru Nov.?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Ptguard wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:tight lines n blue skys to ya'll.
And to you Bait. How about an update as to status and what we can expect thru Nov.?

kinda hard to say guard. they are allowing the lake to take on some water. the majority of the work seems more concentrated on the other side of the road from the dam. they have made a huge creek there for floodwaters. and they are changing the intersection there at 552 is being all changed. they are hauling enourmous rip rap out of latham to line the creek they have created. hard to say how close the actual dam is. the main parts of the dam have been poured. the sides look done. it is way bigger n wider. they have huge form over the side for more pours on the spillway. but they have covered the opening with huge pieces of canvas, so you really can't see through. people are really going to be surprised when they see this finished progress. but everything has been tight lipped as far as completion date n status. the next time I go to town I may roll over and ask some questions. there is huge equipment everywhere. basically a lot of dozing has been going on in the lake. with all the stumps and long logs removed now. anyhoo I'm ready for this to be done already. I know more i'll let you know.

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

Appreciate your updates.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THANK YOU BUDDY.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well ya'll we gotta bout a 400 pound wild hog running around here. and nobody will shoot it. big ole black n white feller. it's a boar.it's got me by bout 125 pounds er I'd jump off the dock on him with a bowie knife. -------------- that has to be a visual you can draw laughter from today. specially if you saw me mobility wise

Return to “The Off season”