Who was your first concert?

General Chat
hdfatboy
Freshman Team

Re: Who was your first concert?

Post by hdfatboy »

ManitouDan wrote:KiSS Alive II tour 1978 or 79 ? Huntington on a wintery snowy Dec or Jan night --I was the coolest 6th grader in jr high for having parents cool enough to let me see those satin worshippers !!! LOL

MD - I took my then 8 year old to see Kiss a few years back. It was his first concert - it was really interesting because a VERY large portion of the audience appeared to be parents in their late 30s or early 40s with their grade school aged kids. There were entire families there in makeup.

My first real concert was Ozzy Osbourne and Accept in Charleston (I think it was 1984).

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Van Halen back in 81 in Seattle....friggin ruined me at 14....seen more mammaries that night than i had my whole life. :122249 :122246 :122245 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

Tom Jones.......Huntington Civic Center

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

No Hats Tour-Charleston SC Airforce Base
Statler Brothers-Savannah Georgia This was terrible...they acted like they didn't want to be there at all. Very disappointed.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

hdfatboy wrote:
ManitouDan wrote:KiSS Alive II tour 1978 or 79 ? Huntington on a wintery snowy Dec or Jan night --I was the coolest 6th grader in jr high for having parents cool enough to let me see those satin worshippers !!! LOL

MD - I took my then 8 year old to see Kiss a few years back. It was his first concert - it was really interesting because a VERY large portion of the audience appeared to be parents in their late 30s or early 40s with their grade school aged kids. There were entire families there in makeup.

My first real concert was Ozzy Osbourne and Accept in Charleston (I think it was 1984).

Was that Randy Rhoads or Jake E Lee?

itownpaw
All Conference

Post by itownpaw »

orange-n-brown 365 wrote:
sports23432 wrote:Rick Springfield when I was in 8th grade.....LOL

ah rick springfield I loved him :122245 he's looking too old now

I was there as well. I actually got to see him twice..... :-D

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

I'm jealous of Bassmaster --- getting to see the Beatles. We bought my oldest Aerosmith tix for her graduation gift. My husband and I flipped a coin for the other ticket and I lost. I would have loved to have seen them in Columbus.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Bad Company, 1974 at the Charleston Civic Center.

Awesome show and the first of 55 concerts I've been to. Soon to be 56 whem my son and I go to Cincy to see AC/DC.

By the way, I still have every ticket to every show I ever saw.

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

Brutus8907 wrote:I'm actually going to my first concert on Nov. 9th...Metallica in Columbus, i'm so stoked. but shhhhh...i bought the tickets as a birthday present for my girlfriend who loves Metallica ;-)

That is going to be my first concert too, I can't wait.

Der_Kommissar1968
JV Team

Post by Der_Kommissar1968 »

Ozzy's Ultimate Sin Tour in Huntington W Va, 1985. I think Metallica was the opening act.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Porter Waggoner, Dolly Parton, and Merle Haggard at Buck Lake Ranch, Indiana in 69 was my 1st country concert and Aerosmith and the Black Crows in Norfolk, Va. in 89 was my 1st. rock concert. Big difference, but I loved them both.

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

grndma1,
Aerosmith and the Black Crows --- you rock girl!

hdfatboy
Freshman Team

Post by hdfatboy »

Boonedawg wrote:
hdfatboy wrote:

Was that Randy Rhoads or Jake E Lee?

Jake E. Lee - would've loved to have seen RR.

I saw Jake E. Lee play with another band later (mid 90's) in a bar. The guy walked in and I kid you not, he couldn't have been more than 5'4" and about 120 lbs. Someone threw a bottle on-stage and he got ticked off - he jumped off the stage to go after the guy but was so short he got lost in the crowd.

Der - that was Metallica opening for Ozzy in 1985.

Der_Kommissar1968
JV Team

hdfatboy wrote:
Jake E. Lee - would've loved to have seen RR.

I saw Jake E. Lee play with another band later (mid 90's) in a bar. The guy walked in and I kid you not, he couldn't have been more than 5'4" and about 120 lbs. Someone threw a bottle on-stage and he got ticked off - he jumped off the stage to go after the guy but was so short he got lost in the crowd.

Der - that was Metallica opening for Ozzy in 1985.

Couldn't exactly remember Fatboy. May have been alcohol fueled that day. I do remember James Hetfield being horrible.

I think I left out a concert even before that. I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but I did see Ratt the year prior with Bon Jovi opening.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Der_Kommissar1968 wrote:Ozzy's Ultimate Sin Tour in Huntington W Va, 1985. I think Metallica was the opening act.

That one was in Charleston.....I was there. I remember Hetfield had a broken arm and couldn't play guitar.

Der_Kommissar1968
JV Team

Boonedawg wrote:
Der_Kommissar1968 wrote:Ozzy's Ultimate Sin Tour in Huntington W Va, 1985. I think Metallica was the opening act.

That one was in Charleston.....I was there. I remember Hetfield had a broken arm and couldn't play guitar.

Exactly Boone . . . Hetfield was wearing a cast on his arm. I don't know if you remember, but from what I recall, the crowd was not too pleased with his performance. But with the broken arm, he was probably full of booze and percoset that night. And I stand corrected on the location . . . you're right, it was Charleston.

sportsfanatic85
Varsity

Post by sportsfanatic85 »

Bryan Adams & Reo Speedwagon

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Fabulous thunderbirds and Rush in San Diego had backstage passes 1986. Wow

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

Never been to one still

froggy48
Riding the Bench

Post by froggy48 »

Molly Hatchet and Blue Oyster Cult
A long time ago when The Convocation Center had some great concerts!
Also saw Kansas,Reo Speedwagon at The Convo as well.

Return to “The Off season”