What is the Best Concert You've Attended?

General Chat
cghornet10
JV Team

What is the Best Concert You've Attended?

Post by cghornet10 »

I watched Metallica at the Schottenstein Center this past Sunday and they put on a great show..

What's the best concert you have been to?

:12224

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: What is the Best Concert You've Attended?

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Warrant opened for Paul Stanley at the Newport in Columbus by far the best concert I have been to.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Bon Jovi. By far the best concert I have ever seen.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Dwight Yoakum performed at the paramount in Ashland kentucky a few years ago. He played for 2 hours straight, no breaks and never even took a drink of water. Awesome effort and certainly my money's worth!

itownpaw
All Conference

Post by itownpaw »

Casting Crowns was the best for me.....

BUCK I
Freshman Team

Post by BUCK I »

I have 2 favorites... Alabama a few yeas ago in Columbus and last Feb I got to see Barry Manilow (my dream concert) as a surprise in Columbus.

itownpaw, what was the concert we took the kids to see in columbus that night????We were crazy...but we had fun.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

George Strait!!! Vets Memorial Columbus :122245

BUCK I
Freshman Team

Post by BUCK I »

I would love to see George Strait. My daughter and son-in-law has seen him a few times and really liked it.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

BUCK I wrote:I would love to see George Strait. My daughter and son-in-law has seen him a few times and really liked it.

I had my picture taken back stage with him :122245 very nice polite man!! :122245

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

No Hats Tour. Saw it in Charleston SC at The Airforce Base. It was another one of those free tickets givin out to the families of the Soldiers who were in Saudi. Was great!! Even when they asked that people don't throw quarters when the song "Here's a Quarter Call Someone Who Cares!" was sung!! Had a blast

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I've been to close to 60 concerts, so it's hard to pick just one, Here's a few that stand out.

1978 - Eagles, Steve Miller Band, and Eddie Money. An all day concert that started at 2:00 pm and went well past midnight before ending. There were a couple of local Cincy bands there as well. This was held at Riverfront Stadium(were the Reds played) and there was an estimated 98,000 people there. An awesome show by all three bands. Joe Walsh had just joined the Eagles and when they did their set they played for about 2 hours and then took a break and Joe stayed on stage with some studio musicians and did an hour set of his own music and then the Eagles came back out and play over an hour again.

1974 - Yes, Charlseton Civic Center. This was the first time out of three that I saw Yes and one of the best shows by far. Not only was the music just fantastic, but they had their crab light show set up at this show. They had a thing that looked like a giant crab with arms that extended out on both sides of the stage and it moved all around shooting out lasers and lights. An awesome show.

1975 - Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, Charleston Civic Center. Another fantastic show with and unbelievable light show. Keith Emerson was awesome on the keyboards and when they raised his piano up off the stage and rotated it while he played Karn Evil 9 the place went nuts. Carl Plamer was just a beast on the drums and played one of the best drum solos I have ever heard.

1976 - Rush, Huntington Civic Center. This was another awesome show. They did the entire 2112 album plus most of the songs off their first three albums. For a three man band this is one of the hardest rocking bands I have ever seen. Geddy Lee can make that bass talk, Alex Leifson is a phenom on the guitar, and Neil Peart is one of the best drummers to ever pick up the sticks. His drum solo was the best I have ever seen in my life. They raised his drums up in the air and then the entire drum set rotated around him as he played. It was unbelievable to say the least. They played Finding My Way and Working Man for their encore and the place just went crazy.

PointerPaw
Waterboy

Post by PointerPaw »

Hanson has to be the best concert I have ever been to. Laugh all you want those guys are amazing they still write everyone of their songs. I have seen them four times. So amazing. :122245

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Everytime I go to Huntington to see Kid Rock he never dissapoints. Of all the concerts Ive seen Ive enjoyed his the best.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Billy Joel in Miami Florida in 1990.

sportsfanatic85
Varsity

Post by sportsfanatic85 »

Toby Keith

Sweet Pea
Freshman Team

Post by Sweet Pea »

Joe Walsh, 1989, in Columbus at the small place (like 1500) by OSU campus. Joe came out and played accoustic sitting in a chair for about an hour, which was great! Then his band came out and they played for another 1 1/2 - 2 hrs - great show!

Pink Floyd - 1991/1992 at the horshoe at OSU. Everything was great about this concert- from the band to the lights/props.

late
sweetpea

itownpaw
All Conference

Post by itownpaw »

Buck 1... Oh my goodness. It was Usher.... Now that was a great time. We should do that again....... :-D He was really good in concert......

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

A band called Push Monkey, it was the funnest concert Ive seen. This was xfest 1999 I think.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I got a good story for this topic. When I was at college we used to frequent this place called Beaus TalleyHo. We knew the bartender and wed give him $10 and he would let us drink all night and sometimes Id get to bartend. Which thats a totally diffferent story. Anyway the bar was closing so James asked us if we wanted to go to another bar so we said yes and we went to this place just off the exit next to the Hall of Fame. Well this band was playing called Disfuntional Ray. They were decent not bad, but not great. Well they took a break and this midget comes over and sits next to me. Come to find out this was the drummer for the band. Of course this strikes me funny and I almost fall off my stool laughing at the midget drummer. He gets mad and they separate us. The band starts back up and I forget the details, but next thing I know Im on stage with the and singing and doing my Chris Farley imitations. People start handing me beers and the singer and the band is cracking up. All in all it turns out to be a great night.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Vilefest in chillicothe ft.slipknot

3 day concert.

All the jager boob's and fun you wanted..

Return to “The Off season”