Chart your weight loss for 2009 right here.

General Chat
IronTigerMum
Varsity

Re: Chart your weight loss for 2009 right here.

Post by IronTigerMum »

Glad they made this a sticky. Welcome to all the new will be joiners!

Devilologist: I've got a broken back, this can be done. Stationary bike and elliptical are my good buddies. UGH! Good luck!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I have a Doctors appointment tomorrow and ill start mine then. My Doc was terrible and I switched to the same Doc that Dog has. He helped dog lose some weight so I am hoping he can help me. I know that I have to do it, but the Medicine im on makes you gain weight, and I have been trying to get it changed for a year. My old doc ran blood test
2 months in a row and I go in to see they miss placed it. So I told them to give me my records and I was switching out.

Good Luck to all of you who are trying!!!!!

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

FIDO wrote:Was walking the extent of your workouts? Did you incorporate any weight lifting? 70 lbs in 4 months is awesome. Did you calorie count and if so, how many calories did you eat daily?

I didnt start lifting until i'd say 60% through that 4 month span. Why? I really couldnt tell you, becuase i love lifting. Love it! But every day i took a walk and it seriously became addicting. I ate roughly 2,000 calories a day. After about 2 weeks of really staying away from fatty foods you lose the desire to go out and eat Burger King and things like that and it becomes really easy to watch your diet. Its getting through the 2 weeks thats the hard part. If you really stay mentally focused for those 2 weeks then you'll start dropping all kinds of weight after that. You wont feel that you need to eat 7 cheeseburgers at dinner anymore.

When i lost all of that weight it was during the winter time from December to April so i really wasnt able to start running until about March where it was a little warmer so i wasnt outside sucking in all kinds of cold air. I've read in a million places that if your giong to run to lose weight to sprint. I take it your about my age?(19-20)? Sprint. Definatly. I was up to doing 150 40's a day. I'd do 4 and take a 30 second break and when i'd get 20 in i'd get a drink and do it all again. I didnt start out doing that of course, started out at 80 for the day but when you get to sprinting you'll drop weight so fast you wont believe it.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

They say its good to mix up your cardio between endurance stuff and HIT stuff. Ive started doing that right now 3 days I do HIT and 2 days I do the bike and eliptical.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Buying smaller dinner plates helps...

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I'm in, too. At the yabba house, in the pool this summer, we didn't skinny dip, we chunky dunked.

I had lost about 25 lbs and then I started a new job in April, plus basically quit going to the gym in May and with some of the lunches we eat at work, foot long subs from Subway, Pizza and other fast foods, I've put almost all of the weight back on and man does it stink.

I went from around 220 to around 195 and now I'm back up to around 216. Won't start back on any diet plan at the moment because of the holidays, but you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be back in the gym come January. I like to play sports, basketball, softball, tennis and golf to much to let myself get out of shape. I'm 43, soon to be 44 in Jan. and when I play those sports, being out of shape makes it a little harder to really enjoy it and then after I play one of them, I usually hurt for days afterwards, especially basketball. The extra weight really puts a strain on my back and ankles.

I currently weigh 216 lbs. and I'm 5'7"
By March would like to be down to 195
By June 180
By September 170
By this time next year 160. I think if I lose anymore than that I'd look sickly.

I'll probably incorporate a 3-5 times a week workout with a diet plan. Once I get started into going to the gym on a regular basis, it is like a drug and that if I miss, I feel like I've deprived my body on what it needs. The big thing is just getting started and sticking to it. The thing that helped me out was that at my wives work they did a biggest loser thing and that helped to keep me motivated each week as we had to weigh in every week. No one was voted off, but whoever last they highest percentage won the money. Gave you something to shoot for each week, so if you can get something like that going where you work, gives you a little more incentive to lose the weight.

Another good tip for people who find walking on a treadmill or doing the elliptical boring, if you gym you go to has TV's you can watch, buy a pair of headphones and watch a show while you workout. It really makes the time go faster as you are focused on the show and the next thing you know, you have walked for 30 minutes. I know to me, it really helps out.

Good luck to everyone.

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

lost 3lbs. :-D

sportsnut mom
Freshman Team

Post by sportsnut mom »

Does anyone know of a fun energized aerobic class close by?

bballermom
Waterboy

Post by bballermom »

sportsnut mom--
The Cornerstone church in wheelersburg ( across from the pool) has a zumba class on Mondays and Thursdays from 7:30-8:30.
They have stopped until after the first of the year but are supossed to start back up. You can probably call the church and get a start up date.
The class is a dance class, so to speak, you do alittle bit of salsa, some hip- hop and learn routines to different songs. I did it and really enjoyed it, but until basketball if over my mondays and thursdays are taken up. I went for probably about 2 and a half months before stopping and I could tell a difference, I don't weigh myself so I don't know if I lost anything, but I could tell a difference in my clothes. There were quite a few times that I came out soaking wet from dancing. Hope this helps. :)

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

MadPolecat wrote:Buying smaller dinner plates helps...

you mean the ones with sideboards :lol:

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

247 today down three pounds.

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

Week 2 of diet I stayed the same...I am not that disappointed that I didn't lose because we had food and candy all week at work and the hubby had a birthday and that meant the biggest corner piece of cake for me...

I will try and do better this week but that will be hard too wtih Christmas but hopefully I won't gain... Just got back from my walk at the cemetary with my mom....So I did get my exercise in for the day.

Congrats newarkcatholicfan on the loss...Way to go!

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

I wish all of you guys and gals great success this year in reaching your goals. Unfortunately at 174 I can't join in and lose much more.

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

knowledge wrote:Good luck to everyone involved, it truly is worth it, mentally and healthwise. I have been on both sides of the stick, not to "toot my own horn" my past and success goes as followed.

2004(Jr year in high school) 320 lbs
2005(Sr) 245
2007 - 215-194
2008 - 178

6'3'' 9 percent body fat

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THIS WEIGHT LOSS GOAL!! 09

I couldn't be prouder of you. Keep up the good work.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

oldcoachb wrote:
knowledge wrote:Good luck to everyone involved, it truly is worth it, mentally and healthwise. I have been on both sides of the stick, not to "toot my own horn" my past and success goes as followed.

2004(Jr year in high school) 320 lbs
2005(Sr) 245
2007 - 215-194
2008 - 178

6'3'' 9 percent body fat

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THIS WEIGHT LOSS GOAL!! 09

I couldn't be prouder of you. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Coach

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Down two more. I have my boxing gloves on for Christmas. :122245

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

I started my diet Dec.1 and I weighed in at 282.4 lbs. I have been running when I get off in the mornings 3 times a week. It is now Dec. 24 and I weigh in at 267.6. I have lost 14.8 lbs. I wanna be 225 by april 6th on my birthday and 200 lbs by the end of the year.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

my diet starts in 8 days.....

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

maybe we can have a "SEOPS" biggest loser contest?

ozzie is good at running these things, so maybe he could round up some prizes?

and it would be cool to see him guess some of the peoples weights he has met on the site , just for fun.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Im not guessing no womens weights!!!!! That will get a man beat down in a hurry!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I learned a long time ago all women weigh 99 pounds.

But I did gain 5 pounds yesterday.

Return to “The Off season”