How Many (or few) People Are On The Earth

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

How Many (or few) People Are On The Earth

Post by kantuckyII »

Just read this in an article about the crowd in DC next week and thought it was pretty interesting

"......., if you gave every person on Earth the "loose crowd" standard of 10 square feet each, you could get them all into Miami-Dade County at the tip of Florida — where some days it seems like they're already there. A calculation like that makes you realize there are relatively few humans on Earth, but also how much unoccupied land actually is necessary to supply each of us with shelter, food and water "

sportsfanatic85
Varsity

Re: How Many (or few) People Are On The Earth

Post by sportsfanatic85 »

very interesting article.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

that just doesnt sound right that everyone could fit in such a relativly small area considering china has such over population and not to mention 3rd world countries that actualy have to build house "up" because there just isnt room to build houses on the ground

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Well, there are 27,878,400 feet in a sq mile and there are 2,431 sq miles in Dade County. 27,878,400 x 2,431 = 67,772,417,141. That's 67 billion and the world's population is 6.7 billion and that's right at 10 sq feet per person.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Still, the carrying capacity of the world is approx. 10 billion................We are running out of fresh water and food.............. :12224

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I'd say a bunch of them will be dying pretty soon and MANY just disappearing. I wouldn't get too upset there abuck, they'll be room for everyone ;-) don't you worry!

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

ignert1 wrote:KII is off his meds again. :lol:

LMAO

its all gonna be over in 2012 anyway...live it up :122246 :lol: :122246 :lol: :122246

Dbzshibainu
Varsity

Post by Dbzshibainu »

SWbaseballFan wrote:
ignert1 wrote:KII is off his meds again. :lol:

LMAO

its all gonna be over in 2012 anyway...live it up :122246 :lol: :122246 :lol: :122246

watching history channel again are you :lol: , about a week ago i put on the history channel to find out it was armegedon week :122246

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

yep, i'm busted!!!

i recoreded the nostrodomus show to dvd, i dunno why, i just think he is amusing
the history channel has some neat shows sometimes

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Oh , tuck, I expect to be left behind ,to go to heaven after the second coming...I'm not a perfect christian.......but ya know what, I won't be alone.......I'll keep YOU company tuck.............. :12224

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

abuck76 wrote:Oh , tuck, I expect to be left behind ,to go to heaven after the second coming...I'm not a perfect christian.......but ya know what, I won't be alone.......I'll keep YOU company tuck.............. :12224

Ipersonally dont know any perfect christians. I know many that put their best foot forward every day, but fail.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Abuck, you're the one that thinks we need to save the planet through population control as you think we'll exceed it's limit....I know what is going to happen to this planet and it's not what you're worrying about. And many people are going to be dying very soon I do believe and many people are just going to disappear. I'm not going to be left behind if I'm alive when the rapture occurs, I've got a ticket for the 'first flight' and 'second row'...if I'm not alive, I have a ticket for the 'first flight and 'first row'

How you all turned this into something political again is beyond me. I just told you how small of an area the entire earth's population would fit in. Heaven help the mods if I mentioned how many angels could dance on a pin :122246

:lol:

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

MAYBE.... JUST MAYBE, the world created the human race so we could make it some plastic, since we all know that plastic lasts forever, and now that we have made the amount of plastic it needs, its gonna shrug us off like a bad summer cold.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

naw, abuck did with his new age fears

Return to “The Off season”