SEOPS HO

Re: Ozzie, It's Time To Start Watching The Eagles

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Nothing yet.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Must be alot of people watching right now, I cant get in.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Looks more and more like we've got hatches Ozzie. Live cam isn't working for me either so try viewing the still images. They can be frustrating though because they only shoot every 30 seconds. You can miss a lot of movement in 30 seconds. There hasn't been an update posted from an official since Feb 5th but the eagle is using more of a hovering stance over the nest with wings outspread rather than a brooding of eggs stance and there sure is a lot of food kept close by and it appears he/she is feeding. :12222

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I have been watching the still cam but like you said you dont see much. The video had been out for 3 days. I keep checking the cam and will post when its fixed.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

this is so exciting I've been watching it via still right now its kind of dark and you cannot see much I will look again tomorrow..

vids4ckcrash
Varsity

Post by vids4ckcrash »

I have not been able to log on to the video for several days. But I have watched the still several times a day for the past week.

Yesterday, I swear I saw them pecking on a ear of corn that looked to be about a foot long. And several times there was one or two reddish patches in the forfront of the nest.

When I was able to look today about 5:00 P.M. there was a full size rabbit in two pieces with the rear to the right front of the nest. Apparently one of the adults has been bringing in food of various types.

Just got home and looked again but can not tell if the rabbit is still there. But look tomorrow and you will probably see the reddish patches in the front where the rabbit was.

tdu

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

When I first seen the red patches I thought it was dead babies. The pic wasnt very clear. Later I seen it was a animal. I sent them a email asking about the nest and the cam, maybe hey will answer it.

vids4ckcrash
Varsity

Post by vids4ckcrash »

I have been seeing the bloody spots for several days. That is why I have assumed that the eggs hatched on Tues or Weds and Momma was feeding the little ones.

Prior to the eggs hatching, either parent could have gone off and found their own food while the other was sitting on the eggs. But once hatched, Momma takes over most of the care of the babies. Therefore big bad Daddy invited the Easter Bunny over for lunch. Those were really good captures by ball parent. I know little about photos and SEOPS.

Good site for eagle info and more eagle cams.
http://www.baldeagleinfo.com/eagle/eagle4.html

I have also been watching the cam for the falcon in columbus. Have seen the falcon on the ledge several times but nothing in the nest yet.

Now if I could just find a humming bird nest!!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I found three other cams also the first two are good shots to look at the second is a double cam.

This has the camara in a great spot and has sound. Its real windy the Eagle squeled a little bitago it was loud.

http://www.hancockwildlifechannel.org/s ... 1010059972

This one has 2 cams one on each side. Just go down to the wide box and it will come on automatic.
http://www.suttoncenter.org/eaglecam.html

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

vids4ckcrash wrote:I have been seeing the bloody spots for several days. That is why I have assumed that the eggs hatched on Tues or Weds and Momma was feeding the little ones.

Prior to the eggs hatching, either parent could have gone off and found their own food while the other was sitting on the eggs. But once hatched, Momma takes over most of the care of the babies. Therefore big bad Daddy invited the Easter Bunny over for lunch. Those were really good captures by ball parent. I know little about photos and SEOPS.

Good site for eagle info and more eagle cams.
http://www.baldeagleinfo.com/eagle/eagle4.html

I have also been watching the cam for the falcon in columbus. Have seen the falcon on the ledge several times but nothing in the nest yet.

Now if I could just find a humming bird nest!!

Hummingbirds, huh...hmmmm....I might be able to help with that. :12222

http://mysite.verizon.net/vdziadosz/

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

It looks like we have at least one hatch, not sure if there's anymore since it looks like two eggs are still visible. I'm wondering if they are even viable since today makes 41 days, but then again we can only guess when actual incubation began so I may be off a few days. Here's some photos from today I caught.

Here's a good PDF life history from Ohio DNR:

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/9/pdf/pub383.pdf

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Both parents checking the young and feeding.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Update from the site and photos from today:

Eagle Nest Updates
Winter Update #2 - March 16, 2009
Our first egg hatched out on Saturday, and the young eaglet looks healthy. The other two eggs are still in the nest, but have been hard to see. We hope they hatch out as well in the next several days.

Typically, bald eagle eggs will hatch in about 35 days, but there are instances where the time is as long as 45 days.

Remember that not all eggs are viable, although these adults have been very diligent this year in keeping the eggs warm and dry.

vids4ckcrash
Varsity

Post by vids4ckcrash »

You did good with the pics. Third pic down is perfect.

I looked at the Maryland site, and instead of a big rabbit lying there, it was a big fish. Oz and Dowgg would have been jealous.

I guess what they eat is what is the most readily available.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

vids4ckcrash
Varsity

Post by vids4ckcrash »

Thanks. Yes the video is back up but it takes forever to load, so wait on it.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Both Eagles were on the nest for about tne mins. Now the mom and one baby is there she just sit on the eggs.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

I'm sad everytime I now go on there it shuts my webpage down or locks up my computer :122247

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

When it works I dont have any problems with it.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

i'm sure its just my crazy computer I think it is demonized :twisted:

Return to “The Off season”