Penn State - O'Reilly Speaks

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Penn State - O'Reilly Speaks

Post by kantuckyII »

I think this is very good. It's amazing that it seems that there's still some covering up here and the judge not removing herself seems incredulous to me!
O'Reilly: Joe Paterno and Doing the Right Thing

By Bill O'Reilly

All Americans should be horrified and a bit sad by the situation unfolding at Penn State University.

Eighty-four-year-old legendary football coach Joe Paterno has been fired after 46 years at Penn State for failing to take aggressive action against one of his former assistants, whom a grand jury has indicted on 40 counts of child sexual abuse. Paterno says he notified college officials when he was told Jerry Sandusky was seen molesting a child, but he did not call the cops, and the coach should know that is unacceptable.

It's very simple: If you see or you hear about any child being physically abused in any way, you have an obligation to aggressively protect that child. That means the Penn State assistant coach who testified he saw the 67-year-old Sandusky molesting a little boy in a locker room shower should have immediately stopped that abuse, walked in and prevented Sandusky from doing any further harm. That's what Mike McQueary should have done, but he didn't. He reported the incident to Paterno, and nothing was done to Sandusky. Disgraceful.

Penn State University has finally done the right thing by cleaning house and sending a message to everyone: Protect the kids or you're out. But what about these moronic students who caused a near riot objecting to Paterno being dismissed? I mean, what is wrong with these people? Do they have no sense of decency whatsoever?

Sandusky, Paterno and the rest of them are innocent until proven guilty, but eyewitness testimony in front of a grand jury is enough to force responsible people to take action. The fact that Sandusky was given $100,000 bail and no ankle bracelet is also a disgrace. And now we find out that the judge who did that, Leslie Dutchcot, worked as a volunteer for Sandusky's charity. Judge Dutchcot should have immediately recused herself from the case. What is wrong with her?

The bigger picture here is that child molesters -- rapists -- are the lowest form of human life. You may remember "The Factor" went on a huge campaign to have Jessica's Law passed in all 50 states. Pennsylvania has a watered-down version, a 10-year mandatory sentence for child rape first offense. If you do it again, you get 25 years. But that's ridiculous. Why give a child predator a second chance?

So far, six states have not passed Jessica's Law: Hawaii, Illinois and Vermont are progressive situations, states that do not like to make judgments about evil. But New Jersey, Idaho and Colorado are simply inexplicable.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: Penn State - O'Reilly Speaks

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

There will always be perverts out there - --- be they a former assistant at Penn State or someone like Hermain Cain who is running for President.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

................................... :12224

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

I don't know a thing about Cain's personal life but I wouldn't vote for him. I'm trying to figure out this 999 thing. He is clueless on world affairs too. I bet you a donut I can find 20 people on this site who can articulate America's policy on Libya but yet he didn't have a clue when asked.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:There will always be perverts out there - --- be they a former assistant at Penn State or someone like Hermain Cain who is running for President.
Surely to goodness sakes you're not comparing the 'alleged' sexual harassment by President Elect Cain ...which, came from two women who both have serious ties to the Obama administration to molesting little boys by a grown man?

Who could articulate our policy on Libya? Do we even have any?! .........................

...............................................we KNOW that by President Obama's action in Libya has released thousands of weapons of mass destruction and that they are now...in the hands of terrorist! there are up to....get this number TWENTY THOUSAND SURFACE TO AIR MISSLES MISSING! and again, they are in the hands of terrorist. Now, in the near future, when you see family members on the evening news.... bawling their eyes out, as the find out the fate of their loved ones that were killed by some of these missles in the future..perhaps Obama can articulate to them as to why he armed them?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

President Elect Cain???
Are you that delusional that you don't even realize the man hasn't even gotten his parties nomination, let alone be elected for the POTUS?

Herman Cain will not be the Republican nominee. Surely they aren't that stupid or desperate.

Go eat a few more 'shrooms and fantacize some more. :mrgreen:

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I don't trust men like Jerry Sandusky or Herman Cain.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I believe that the left wingers and the Democratic party leaders are SCARED TO DEATH of Cain..that's why they're attacking him like they are. The are perfectly willing to let Obama slide all the time but are all over Cain...

You grouping Cain and Sandusky in the same lump is ludicrous.. NyBuckeye96. One seriously wonders what your big problem is with Cain......perhaps we all really do know. I know, I for one, at this time are supporting Cain for President.

AND AGAIN!.............it's incredible that a few of you have turned this thread into something political. A thread that calls for the protection of children but you have perverted it. What kind of people are you people?!!!!!!!!!

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

The kind that calls it as they see it. Cain maybe a perv but you are kissing his butt because he a professed christian and bends to your perverted ways. Politics indeed.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Then, they need some thick glasses and perhaps a magnifying glass!

I'm not kissing anyone's butt here. I'm supporting a candidate but....even you must acknowledge that this thread had nothing to do with politics to start with but rather, was of a good and noble cause but was hijacked. Or, are you really that warped to the left?

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

This trial will be a circus, to say the least. The dog and pony show that Sandusky and his lawyer put on during the interview with Costas on Monday was ludicrous. I heard commentators on Fox and CNN state that they believe that the interview was done to lay the groundwork for a counterattack by Sandusky's legal team, partly to parade their own character witnesses in front of the media and partly to try to discredit potential prosecution witnesses and, possibly, even the alleged victims themselves.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

WitnessProtection wrote:This trial will be a circus, to say the least. The dog and pony show that Sandusky and his lawyer put on during the interview with Costas on Monday was ludicrous. I heard commentators on Fox and CNN state that they believe that the interview was done to lay the groundwork for a counterattack by Sandusky's legal team, partly to parade their own character witnesses in front of the media and partly to try to discredit potential prosecution witnesses and, possibly, even the alleged victims themselves.

I agree. The circus on TV with Jerry Sandusky and Herman Cain defending themselves has been ludicrous. It's the world we live in!

WitnessProtection
All Conference

If it does turn out that Sandusky is innocent of the allegations against him in this case, could he receive a fair trial given the fact that he has already been tried and convicted in the media and the court of public opinion?
We still have to remember that despite how guilty a person may appear, that when charges are brought against them, under the law, they are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
I am not defending Sandusky, just stating a point that is, at times, forgotten.
Personally, I think his own words have condemned him.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Sandusky better be guilty because Penn State already threw Paterno under the bus!

WitnessProtection
All Conference

This is a Penn State fan saying this: JoePa more or less threw himself under the bus by not following up on the situation and making sure it was reported to the proper authorities. I hate it that JoePa's career had to end in this fashion, but he didn't help himself or the alleged victims.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

kantuckyII wrote:I believe that the left wingers and the Democratic party leaders are SCARED TO DEATH of Cain..that's why they're attacking him like they are. The are perfectly willing to let Obama slide all the time but are all over Cain...

You grouping Cain and Sandusky in the same lump is ludicrous.. NyBuckeye96. One seriously wonders what your big problem is with Cain......perhaps we all really do know. I know, I for one, at this time are supporting Cain for President.

AND AGAIN!.............it's incredible that a few of you have turned this thread into something political. A thread that calls for the protection of children but you have perverted it. What kind of people are you people?!!!!!!!!!

YOU made it political with this assinine statement.

Surely to goodness sakes you're not comparing the 'alleged' sexual harassment by President Elect Cain ...which, came from two women who both have serious ties to the Obama administration to molesting little boys by a grown man?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Back up there Bozo and look at this thread. Someone (NYBuckeye96) made this thread political.

Now, as far as those two women..I'm sure you're like many who'll heard that Cain allegedly done this but won't look into it any further. One of them, lived in the same apartment building as Obama's Senior Advisor, David Axlerod...who resigned so he could head up Obama's reelection bid.

The other woman currently is employed by the Obama team.

Now, wasn't that convenient? Funny how things like that work out, huh? :lol:

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I wonder how you say sexual harassment in Cuban?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Keep on the subject and take your politics somewhere else...

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Cuban!!.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ................. :12224

Return to “The Off season”