Your Opinion - Marines Taking Leaks On Enemy

General Chat
wildthingRV
All Conference

Re: Your Opinion - Marines Taking Leaks On Enemy

Post by wildthingRV »

This is awesome. Unless you've been shot by the Taliban, shut your mouth! LOL.
Focused wrote:I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

“All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?

“The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.

“As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”

Written by Rep. Allen West from Florida..

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

wildthingRV wrote: This is a non-issue. Patton pissed all over Germany.
Get it right Patton pissed in the Rhine river as a big FU to the Nazi's he didnt piss on any dead soldiers.

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

The message is the same. FU.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Not close to being the same.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Kyda had no clue about My Lai and it is the same, as was Abu Ghraib......These men showed no honor...They dishonored the Marine Corp, and every Marine , living or dead, by doing what they did.........My older brother, who was a Marine, said you either have honor or you do not, plain and simple.....There is no partial honor, and many Marines have died defending that honor........These men should be dishonorably discharged from the Corp.............Immediately......... :12224

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

tigercannon71 wrote:Not close to being the same.

What message is pissing on a guy sending then? If it's not a giant FU and the whores you rode in on, what does it mean? "Gee, I like that man-dress! It's a lovely shade, it really brings in the red in your head wound?"

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I'll say one thing, this is the first incident that has ever occurred that made Bill Maher say something I agree with when he said something like what's the big deal? If these were the same Taliban that have been carry out honor rapes, murdering children and throwing acid into women's faces, who cares?

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

They are not worthy to be called United States Marines.........Get rid of this kind of soldier.........Honor, God ,Country......From the Marines website........"Marines are held to the highest standards, ethically and morally. Respect for others is essential. Marines are expected to act responsibly in a manner befitting the title they’ve earned."..........These men do not deserve to be called Marines............You either have Honor or you do not...There is no middle ground.............. :12224

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

WOW! There are a couple of posters on this thread that have suprised me with their answers.
For what its worth, here is my opinion.... it was stupid and a waste of time, but I do understand a soldiers frustrations and anger. Right or wrong, videotaping this and sending it out over wire was the killer of this whole ordeal. I know that none of us are so foolish as to think that this has never, in the history of warfare, happened before. In a soldiers mindset, this was nothing more than showing contempt for the enemy......granted, in a poorly thought out way..... but nothing more and nothing less.

Now some of you are liking this to desecration.
My first thought was to scream "What the hell do you know of desecration, when is it and when isint it considered that"?
I do not believe that you have to have served in the military to be a good and honorable American, but I know, for fact that unless you have personally been under the strain of combatting an enemy by the rules and they dont follow the rules, then you aint got a clue. You can only imagine in your worst nightmares what you might consider doing to stay alive.
Any of you ever heard stories of special forces A camps in Vietnam?
If I were in a position like they were, outnumbered and outgunned, I would do whatever it took to stay alive.
After all, isnt staying alive the ultimate goal of any combat soldier?

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Ive read the same stories you have probably more than you Space. Ive talked to tunnel rats, meducs, and other Vietnam vets. You're right you do anything to stay alive, but what purpose dies pissing on an enemy body serve towards that purpose? They are already dead. Tell me that?

Because Wild thing pissing in a river to say FU is not something thats going to get you a dishonorable discharge.

Ok for those of you that think its ok these guys did that I got a question. What if these guys decided instead of pissing in them to cut their ears off or fingers off as trophies would that be ok? How far would you let them go?

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Space Cowboy wrote: I do not believe that you have to have served in the military to be a good and honorable American,
i agree. i don't either. but if you haven't, i don't believe you have the right to criticize and call for the heads of those young men standing in blood 2000 miles from home and taking a whiz anywhere they damnn well please.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Space Cowboy wrote:If I were in a position like they were, outnumbered and outgunned, I would do whatever it took to stay alive.
And I agree with you 100% space, and as I have said before , I greatly respect you...I do not always agree with you on policy, but repsect you for your service and experience ..You are not a Sunshine Patriot as many on here are.......But this was not battle....The battle was done........I had another Marine say they could have left a calling card, as some did in Vietnam, the Ace of Spades....But this is and was and will always be a dishonorable thing to do....As I have said before and will continue to say , You either have honor, or you do not..These men do not..........

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

....I had another Marine say they could have left a calling card, as some did in Vietnam, the Ace of Spades....But this is and was and will always be a dishonorable thing to do...
Exactly

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

Easy, very easy, to say from the comfort and safety of the Heartland.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Thats how they used to do it in Vietnam leave calling cards. Look at our wars we have fough especially look at Vietnam and WWII. I dont think the Taliban has much on those guys when it comes to brutality and desecrating our dead soldiers, but did it turn our guys let alone our country into a nation who think that pissing on dead bodies is ok, no it didnt. If it wasnt ok then why the hell would it be ok now? Dont give me the well if you've never been there excuse cause that dont cut it. Its not ok never has been and never will be.

Answer my question Wildthing, if those same guys were found cutting off ears or fingers would that be fine? Where would you draw the line at?

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

They aren't, and I don't.

That's for the Marines to do themselves. I'm going to do me, and let them do them. I know NOTHING, and neither do you, about what lead to that incident, and thus cannot pass judgement on those guys. Neither can you. You lack sufficient info. YOU KNOW that they are all psychotic killers, though, so you've got that going for you.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Ahh did I say they were pyschotic killers? No, I said they disgraced the armed forces with their actions. Then I posed a simple hypothetical question related to the topic which you refuse to answer except with a cheap I dont know.

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

Because I don't know. Neither do you.

Who are you to say they disgraced the armed forces? Are you a vet? Did you serve? Have you ever done what these guys have done? If you not, you have a right to say as you please, but I also have the right to regard it as mere noise.

I've never done what they do, and I won't judge them. I, honestly, don't know what would possess them to piss on a guy, but that's just it. I don't know the situation, the stress, the entire story. We, as a society, have asked them to do a horrible job. We don't also get to dictate how to do it. If you want a vote in that, you'll have to enlist.

That's all I have to say about this.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

History tells us they disgraced the armed forces. Im saying it based upon my knowledge of the army, veterans, and history. Thats how Im judging it.
I dont have to enlist to know peeing on enemy dead is the wrong thing to do.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Wildthing you and I agree on many things, but, respectfully, I must agree with TC.............One does not need to be a vet to understand Honor.......Not the honor we espouse, but the Marine Honor..........God, Country Marines Honor.............As I posted from the Marine Corp website, ........"Marines are held to the highest standards, ethically and morally. Respect for others is essential. Marines are expected to act responsibly in a manner befitting the title they’ve earned."..Nothing more needs to be said by us....The Marines will do what is right................ :12224

Return to “The Off season”