Gran Torino

General Chat
Runner
SEO

Re: Gran Torino

Post by Runner »

From Wikipedia...

In 2008, Eastwood directed the Oscar-nominated drama Changeling, which starred Angelina Jolie. That same year, Eastwood ended his "self-imposed acting hiatus"[19] with Gran Torino.

He currently has 2 movies in production that he is directing. The first is due to be out in December of this year.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

another vote for "great movie" head and shoulders above 95 % of all hollywood crap. A must see . MD

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

Very good movie.

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

85inside wrote:X's and O's: Also among my video library is the Shootist. I still think that is the best job Wayne did in a movie. Maybe because it paralelled his real life. My personal favorite John Wayne film, is The Sonds of Katie Elder. Dean Martin is one of my favortie entertainers of all time.

I believe Eastwood will act again, but maybe not in a similar role. I dont think the big tough guy will be around much anymore. However, a softer role may be in his future. Stay tuned.

X's and o's: Ever see Road to Perdition with Tom Hanks and Paul Newman? Newman, along with Gene Hackman and Jack Nicholson, are my favorite three actors. Road to Perdition is an excellent film. Jude Law is excellent in this movie as well.

The Shootist is probably my favorite Wayne movie and yes, it did parallel his life and that may have been what is/was so special about it. I could go on and on about Wayne flicks. No I haven't seen Road to Perdition, may have to catch that one.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WE HAD NOT BEEN TO A MOVIE IN FOREVER, SAW IT A COUPLE WEEKS AGO, HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AN EASTWOOD FAN, IT WAS TRULEY AMAZING. BEST MOVIE I'D SEEN IN YEARS.

Return to “The Off season”