Anti-SB 5 Group has collected more than 714,000 signatures

General Chat
Runner
SEO

Re: Anti-SB 5 Group has collected more than 714,000 signatur

Post by Runner »

I have a friend who's wife was hired by the Secretary Of State after Strickland was elected. She was hired in a little over 19 dollars per hour with FREE insurance for herself at the start of 2007. She was making 25 dollars an hour at the end of Strickland's term and has now been cut back to 22 dollars an hour, but still has free insurance.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

wildthingRV wrote:
For one thing, your stories are old. For another, they represent no reality I know of.

you mentioned "insults" before. i do believe you are calling me a liar here, sir. :122247

AND... are you trying to tell me that salaries have generally gone DOWN compared to 10 years ago? speaking of reality, i do believe you need a "reality" check.

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

KVDW wrote:
wildthingRV wrote:
For one thing, your stories are old. For another, they represent no reality I know of.

you mentioned "insults" before. i do believe you are calling me a liar here, sir. :122247

AND... are you trying to tell me that salaries have generally gone DOWN compared to 10 years ago? speaking of reality, i do believe you need a "reality" check.

No sir, not a liar. I would be man enough to look in the eye if I wanted to call you that.

Wrong? Probably. Missinformed? Probably. In possession of extreme and atypical examples? Absolutely.

My invitation stands.
Last edited by wildthingRV on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

Runner wrote:I have a friend who's wife was hired by the Secretary Of State after Strickland was elected. She was hired in a little over 19 dollars per hour with FREE insurance for herself at the start of 2007. She was making 25 dollars an hour at the end of Strickland's term and has now been cut back to 22 dollars an hour, but still has free insurance.
So, lets get THEM under control. That has NOTHING to do with cops, firefighter, teachers.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

wildthingRV wrote:

KVDW wrote: so tell me (very honestly), are you going to vote for Kasich next time around or his opponent that promises you pay and benefit increases?

Wildthing wrote: I don't generally vote single issues, for one. For another, I haven't a clue WHO will run against the current governor, so I couldn't say. As for whether I'd vote for him, I'm leaning against it. I'll be honest. He ran on a jobs platform and his actions since taking office seem to be about setting fire to things, not building anything, so . . . I am unlikely to support him. But maybe the Dems run that dirtbag Strickland again, and then I don't know what I'll do.
ahh ha.... NOW i see your problem. you are in the wrong sector of the public employees. the way you danced around THAT question, you should be a politician, not a teacher.

let me simplify it for you this time.

forgetting the names Kasich, Strickland, Johnson, Brown, or any other name and even the D or R designations, just say that you have two CANDIDATES running for governor. all other things being equal and ......

candidate #1 is promising to continue the current administrations policies and perhaps make even further cuts, and

candidate #2 is promising to restore everything you may have lost recently and probably give you even more benefits and pay raises.

which one are you going to vote for?

let me take a stab at the answer for you. if you are a normal and sensible human being, you are going to vote for candidate #2.

now, if that isn't a politician BUYING YOUR VOTE (as i stated earlier) then i'd certainly be interested in your interpretation of it.....

so, i don't think i "insulted" you at all.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

wildthingRV wrote:
Runner wrote:I have a friend who's wife was hired by the Secretary Of State after Strickland was elected. She was hired in a little over 19 dollars per hour with FREE insurance for herself at the start of 2007. She was making 25 dollars an hour at the end of Strickland's term and has now been cut back to 22 dollars an hour, but still has free insurance.
So, lets get THEM under control. That has NOTHING to do with cops, firefighter, teachers.
i believe SB5 has to do with ALL public employees, not just cops, firefighters and teachers.

SURE, lets get THEM under control..... just don't mess with MY little bailiwick.

(typical human being)

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

KVDW wrote:
wildthingRV wrote:

KVDW wrote: so tell me (very honestly), are you going to vote for Kasich next time around or his opponent that promises you pay and benefit increases?

Wildthing wrote: I don't generally vote single issues, for one. For another, I haven't a clue WHO will run against the current governor, so I couldn't say. As for whether I'd vote for him, I'm leaning against it. I'll be honest. He ran on a jobs platform and his actions since taking office seem to be about setting fire to things, not building anything, so . . . I am unlikely to support him. But maybe the Dems run that dirtbag Strickland again, and then I don't know what I'll do.
ahh ha.... NOW i see your problem. you are in the wrong sector of the public employees. the way you danced around THAT question, you should be a politician, not a teacher.

forgetting the names Kasich, Strickland, Johnson, Brown, or any other name and even the D or R designations, just say that you have two CANDIDATES running for governor. all other things being equal and ......

candidate #1 is promising to continue the current administrations policies and perhaps make even further cuts, and

candidate #2 is promising to restore everything you may have lost recently and probably give you even more benefits and pay raises.

let me take a stab at the answer for you. if you are a normal and sensible human being, you are going to vote for candidate #2.

now, if that isn't a politician BUYING YOUR VOTE (as i stated earlier) then i'd certainly be interested in your interpretation of it.....

so, i don't think i "insulted" you at all.
It's never that simple. It seems you needed a better teacher to tell you that. What about his stand on abortion? NCLB? Will he fund schools or not? Will he stick to the job at hand, or try to tackle things not under his mandate. I didn't dance around it, but I refuse to be buttonholed into an uninformed opinion.

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

My contract isn't breaking the budget, nor is my union, so why am I included?

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

BTW, knowing what his intentions were, I voted for him the first time for a variety of other reasons.

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

MY INVITATION STANDS

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

wildthingRV wrote:
Wrong? Probably. Missinformed? Probably. In possession of extreme and atypical examples? Absolutely.

My invitation stands.
Wrong? Absolutely not. Misinformed? Absolutely not. In possession of extreme and atypical examples? Maybe, who knows, i am not privy to EVERYBODIES private information, only my own personal experiences and those of my family. what i told you are FACTS. period.
i STILL believe you are calling my integrity into question here, sir.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

wildthingRV wrote:BTW, knowing what his intentions were, I voted for him the first time for a variety of other reasons.
then quit complaining.

i thought teachers taught for the love of the game and the kids anyway. you seem to be an exception.

first off, i doubt you voted for him the first time and if you did your "variety of other reasons" was probably the fact that Strickland, like ALL career politicians, was a corrupt and idiotic governor and people just wanted a change and after only 6 months you are saying you want to abolish the new governor..... and your perception may very well be correct. who knows yet? this is exactly why i have been saying VOTE THEM ALL OUT (R and/or D) for about 10 years now. :(

after all, there IS an 8 billion shortfall to make up, ya know, and SOMEBODY is going to have to bite the bullet somewhat...... and if you think it is going to be the politicians and their appointees and their "special" employees then you are way too naive to be working in the public sector.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

forgetting the names Kasich, Strickland, Johnson, Brown, or any other name and even the D or R designations, just say that you have two CANDIDATES running for governor. ALL OTHER THINGS BEING EQUAL

so, i don't think i "insulted" you at all.[/quote]
wildthingRV wrote:]
It's never that simple. It seems you needed a better teacher to tell you that. What about his stand on abortion? NCLB? Will he fund schools or not? Will he stick to the job at hand, or try to tackle things not under his mandate. I didn't dance around it, but I refuse to be buttonholed into an uninformed opinion.[/quote]

KVDW wrote:
it seems you missed the part in bright red above. It seems you needed a better teacher to teach to to read AND comprehend. :)

you are still ignoring simple sentences and DANCING !!

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

wildthingRV wrote:MY INVITATION STANDS
awww, c'mon. do you honestly expect me (or anybody else) to waste a day of my time and the necessary gasoline to drive some where and discuss something you nor i can do anything about anyway with somebody as obviously biased as you are on the subject? what a waste of your time and money and mine.

you showed your bias on the subject of public employees in general very well when you wrote: "So, lets get THEM under control. That has NOTHING to do with cops, firefighter, teachers."

sure, let SOMEBODY ELSE give a little, just don't bother me.

don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with being biased toward your own cause, it's human nature, but i just don't think SB5 is life threatening to you or the firefighters or cops or most other public employees. sure it may cut back on your lifestyle somewhat for awhile until some honest politician ( :roll: ) comes along and gets ALL government expenditures under control but i would hope that you, like i, would be willing to sacrifice a LITTLE to help avoid this state and country from going under.... and don't you think for a new york minute that it can't happen. :(

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

KVDW wrote:
wildthingRV wrote:MY INVITATION STANDS
awww, c'mon. do you honestly expect me (or anybody else) to waste a day of my time and the necessary gasoline to drive some where and discuss something you nor i can do anything about anyway with somebody as obviously biased as you are on the subject? what a waste of your time and money and mine.

you showed your bias on the subject of public employees in general very well when you wrote: "So, lets get THEM under control. That has NOTHING to do with cops, firefighter, teachers."

sure, let SOMEBODY ELSE give a little, just don't bother me.

don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with being biased toward your own cause, it's human nature, but i just don't think SB5 is life threatening to you or the firefighters or cops or most other public employees. sure it may cut back on your lifestyle somewhat for awhile until some honest politician ( :roll: ) comes along and gets ALL government expenditures under control but i would hope that you, like i, would be willing to sacrifice a LITTLE to help avoid this state and country from going under.... and don't you think for a new york minute that it can't happen. :(

with the cut to the teacher it might result in the lose of good teachers and a gain in not so good teachers. With cuts in the police and fire department it very well could lead to someones life.
If this does not get voted out it will result in the biggest tax increases in state history. And this Gov will always beable to say he didn't raise taxes, but the results of his actions will.

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

The only person who has mentioned your integrity, or alleged lack thereof, is you.

You brought it up and continue to harp on it. I've invited you to a civilized conversation, instead of name calling and accusations, and you haven't the courage or conviction to have the conversation.

I'll have no more of this with you unless it's face to face. Anything else isn't worth my time.

I'll see you at the polls. :lol:

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

wildthingRV wrote:The only person who has mentioned your integrity, or alleged lack thereof, is you.

so, it's OK for you to impugn someone's integrity but not for them to call you on it, huh ? OK :lol: :lol: :lol:
typical lib. :lol: :lol:

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

wildthingRV wrote: I've invited you to a civilized conversation, instead of name calling and accusations, and you haven't the courage or conviction to have the conversation.

I'll have no more of this with you unless it's face to face. Anything else isn't worth my time.
i'll make you a deal. show me ONE place where i called you a name (other than my last post where i said you were a "typical lib"....... and if you consider that a salacious name then you're in some BIG and proud company) and i will drive to your home and pick you up and buy your lunch while we are meeting. if you CAN'T find one then you do the same for me. deal ??

and anyway, i think i very well explained the reason i think it would be futile for us meeting for the sole purpose of me listening to you whine some more.

to this point i have tried to be kind and civil to you even after you repeatedly insinuated that i was being untruthful but when you start falsely saying that i am name calling and making false accusations then the gloves are off, brother.
i have never in my life seen anybody that can twist, ignore and dance around subjects, words and sentences the way you can.

you, sir, are one humongous jerk.. (NOW THERE'S some name calling... you can write that one down). :lol:

BTW... i WAS straddling the line on how to vote if and when the SB5 bill comes to a vote but now you won't be seeing ME at the polls 'cause i'll be in the other line voting your sorry arse down.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

come to think of it, the only reason you are so free to gad-about and arrange meetings with strangers is because you have the whole summer off to do it..... and are being paid i would guess approximately $10,000 to $12,000 to do nothing for those 3 months.

get you one of them thar high paying private sector jobs for the next three months and you'll survive just fine.... AND be able to draw SS on top of your public sector retirement when you retire to boot. wow, what a deal. :lol:

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

noreply66 wrote:

with the cut to the teacher it might result in the lose of good teachers and a gain in not so good teachers.
what? so what does this SB5 cut amount to over a period of a year to a teacher anyway? 60% ? 70% ?
get real will ya?

btw... they must have losed a couple of good ones at your school in your day, huh ?

sorry. couldn't resist. :oops:

Return to “The Off season”