Good CHristian Pastor..NO

General Chat
abuck76
SEOPS HO

Re: Good CHristian Pastor..NO

Post by abuck76 »

She can be a pastor........And the waitress had every right to post about a cheapskate hypocrite.........In my old career where I also traveled extensicvely, our company policy was the same.....However I would always tip , even if it were not............. :12224

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Not according to my Bible

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

dazed&confused wrote:
Kentucky Trojan wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:I'm a sales manager....lot's of dinners. Unless the service is bad, the tip is always 20%. In a lot of restaurants, the tips are shared with the other staff. And the IRS assumes they are getting these tips on top of their poverty wages so the cut is extra deep when the tip is stiffed.
Do you pay for your meals or does the company pay for your meals?
The company reimburses my expenses and has guidelines for tipping...meals 15-20%. Next question.
Thanks for answering.

The point I am making is that you are reimbursed for your meals.

I have assisted with the finances at some churches and a pastor does not make a hefty salary. Also, a pastor may not get reimbursed by the church.

I do not condone the message sent by the pastor; however, pastors are poor by nature...unless you belong to a large church that has tremendous financial support. In that case, somebody would have picked up the check for the pastor.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

kantuckyII wrote:Not according to my Bible
It is a good thing you believe you are going to have eternal life because your kind are growing nearer extinction here on earth.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I've seen A LOT of churches that are grander than most businesses. Some are poor, some are filthy rich in spite of what they might claim on taxes. To the point, the waitress needs to make a living, too. Wage scales need to address that and do away with tipping if that's the case.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

And the Pastor tried to circumvent the issue, by asking for seperate checks and then paying for everyones meal himself..........Cheapskate hypocrite......... :12224

Tiger Lady
SE

Post by Tiger Lady »

question for you guys that have worked as waiters........??????

I always leave a tip in cash rather than put it on my credit card, how do the restaurants handle tips on a credit card, do you get the tip at the end of your shift or do u have to wait till the bill clears the bank?......Myself if I was waiting tables I would rather have the cash in hand.......

I realize in the world of plastic many people do not carrry a dime in their pocket as I have witnessed folks at Speedway putting a 50 cent item on plastic. And I honestly believe some folks use plastic to avoid tipping........

Comments:

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Great question and comment......... :12224

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

dazed&confused wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:Not according to my Bible
It is a good thing you believe you are going to have eternal life because your kind are growing nearer extinction here on earth.
Soon, there won't be one of my kind on this earth

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

abuck76 wrote:And the Pastor tried to circumvent the issue, by asking for seperate checks and then paying for everyones meal himself..........Cheapskate hypocrite......... :12224
Who are you? You joked that a man, in an effort to follow Christ, who is in one of the most brutal prisons in the world was just seeking attention. That's sick!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Tiger Lady wrote:question for you guys that have worked as waiters........??????

I always leave a tip in cash rather than put it on my credit card, how do the restaurants handle tips on a credit card, do you get the tip at the end of your shift or do u have to wait till the bill clears the bank?......Myself if I was waiting tables I would rather have the cash in hand.......

I realize in the world of plastic many people do not carrry a dime in their pocket as I have witnessed folks at Speedway putting a 50 cent item on plastic. And I honestly believe some folks use plastic to avoid tipping........

Comments:
I have actually been to restaurants where they request the tip be left in cash. That is tough to do when traveling on business. I typically don't like to carry a lot of cash on me for obvious reasons. Not sure how they handle it internally at the restaurant.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

kantuckyII wrote:Soon, there won't be one of my kind on this earth
Image :lol: 8)

Tiger Lady
SE

Post by Tiger Lady »

dazed&confused wrote:
Tiger Lady wrote:question for you guys that have worked as waiters........??????

Comments:
I have actually been to restaurants where they request the tip be left in cash. That is tough to do when traveling on business. I typically don't like to carry a lot of cash on me for obvious reasons. Not sure how they handle it internally at the restaurant.
I have also eaten in many restaurants (upper scale) and I personally have never had that request made of me and I think in todays world of plastic that could create a very embarrassing situation.....and I know you know where I am coming from....

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

for the type of food I've had at the applebees in New Boston I'd recommend them tipping me 18% ..... bar guy and gal are fine but the food sucks .... IMO .... also recommending boycotting an entire chain of places because 1 place screws it up ?? just dumb and short sighted

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

ManitouDan wrote:for the type of food I've had at the applebees in New Boston I'd recommend them tipping me 18% ..... bar guy and gal are fine but the food sucks .... IMO .... also recommending boycotting an entire chain of places because 1 place screws it up ?? just dumb and short sighted
Dan, I used to like eating at Applebees but their quality has fallen off since being acquired by Perkins.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

And for the record, I am in support of them putting a gratuity on the check. I have witnessed waitresses getting the shaft after waiting on a group of people, particularly teens after the prom. They tied them up for hours, make a tremendous mess and then don't leave a tip.

I have actually been in a church and heard a pastor lecture about tipping. He said, if you go out to eat after church, people know that you have been to church usually because the way you're dressed or whatever (I wear jeans to church now myself except for Sunday morning). He said that all Christians should tip the going rate at all times. He also said, "if you cannot afford to tip, then don't go out eat, because it brings a reproach"

I think we can see that in this thread. I also believe that this person who says they are pastor exercised terrible judgment in leaving that note

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

Comments:
Sorry for the delay...catching up on some personal finances...

Great question...

Here is the reason...remember, I was a waiter 23 years ago but the reason is simple.....cash can not be tracked as easily as an electronic transaction...

Back in 1990, the law stated that a waiter had to claim in tips AT LEAST 8% of the gross amount that was spent at their tables. Now, we all know that waiters make much more than 8%; however, the federal government cannot track cash transactions unless they do a thorough audit with the individual's finances. Therefore, if a waiter gets 20% in tips for the night on $2,000 of gross receipts, then the waiter would have earned $400. (This would have been a great night for me...normally a Saturday night with great tables.) Let's say that 15% of those tips (or $300) was with credit cards and only 5% (or $100) was with cash. Then, the waiter would have to claim the $300 in tips for that night or it could more easily trigger an audit....but, legally should report the full $400. On the other hand, let's say that we reverse it here whereby the waiter earns $300 in cash and $100 via credit cards. Then the waiter would only have to claim AT LEAST 8% of the $2000 which is $160....but, legally should still report the full $400.

This is why servers prefer cash over credit cards.

The answer to your other question is that the servers cash out at the end of the night with the register which is normally the bartender or manager on duty. (I still see this happen at Olive Garden when I eat dinner at the bar.) Classier restaurants will not do this while the customer is watching. The servers will match their receipts with the digital receipts representing their server numbers.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

has there ever been a time when abuck has stood up for the Christian faith as opposed to questioning it , mocking it , hi jacking it , asking questions to lead people towards other faiths , and on and on ?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I have never seen it Dan! I've never seen anything except the opposite.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

I question the radical side of Christianity............The fanatics like some on here that have hijacked my Christianity as radical muslims have Islam, are the problem.........My life is a testament to God and Jesus.........And I will continue to stand up and fight against fanaticism fror all sides.......... :12224

Return to “The Off season”