How much snow did you town/city/village get today?

General Chat
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: How much snow did you town/city/village get today?

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:Would you get to bed and quit worrying about this stuff trench,you need your beauty sleep LOL P.S. I hope all that ice out there don't wake you up wit a dreaded outage,I just heard the sheriff over the scanner say its freezing rain for the record
Wasn't worried at all Bolt. It went from snow, to a mix of snow and sleet wich you heard pecking Bolt at that time, to all freezing rain at about 12:30 am. Cat woke me up over the monitor meowing and I tried to call ya to let ya know it changed completely over to F-rain. No answer but that's no surprise. :lol: :roll: Give the WC a golden star. :lol: :lol: They timed it out perfectly as they said but wasn't suppose to get that much snow at first, that's what I was getting at buddy, it snowed hard and put it down quick in a short period of time. But it's more of a mess than trouble. Ole CMW had no trouble making it to work. Shoveled the back and it's more of a thick wet slush on top of the snow. That's why it feels heavy but not as bad as the glazy crust that freezing rain usually leaves. North of here got more of a crusty glaze. Now on to the Saturday storm. I'm tired of this $hit, than a worry C-Bolt! Ole MN will do as she pleases.
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

none just rain........

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

They all got that one right trench not just wc :lol: That's why I told you last night the snow was done because i was going off what they were all saying that it would change over and stay that way for the night and for once they were all right. :122246 we only got 2 inches of snow here, that's not much about like it been all year,they were all saying 1-3, now its time to go out and finish off what I started last night,like runner I could only do a little bit, it was like lifting wet concrete,so don't try to call now trench or you'll fall on deaf ears again :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

These local boys got it right because they get most of their info from the National weather service, 90% of the time. :lol: :lol: WC has it's own experts that has their doctorates degree's in specific weather for each season, so when I need a good future forecast, it's the WC for me. And I know it was heavy wet slush on top of the snow, and it was heavy to shovel as I said in my post as well. I shoveled some at 6 am this morning. Seem to be more than 2 inches of snow, I'd say 4 or 5, then add the 2 inches of the slush on top of that and ya have a total of 5 to 6 inches. I watched some local channel 10 weather this morning and they had about all of southeastern Ohio in the 5 inch range. We will see what the Logan Daily says we got. It was more than 2 inches easy from what I seen and shoveled this morning and it was about ready to quit then. But who cares, I'm sick of all of it all. :mad: :roll: :roll: But ya know, all this winter moisture might be good for the morel mushrooms, and maybe will be good hunting this spring. :122245

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:trying to change back to snow
How much snow or measurement did you have this morning Noreply? I didn't measure, but by looking when I shoveled, I would say a little over 4, and that was under the 2 inches of slush on top of the snow. It seemed deeper than 2 inches to me. :122248

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I'm waiting on noreply as well to tell what he got,it was no doubt 2 inches where I am trench, you must live in a different climate down there from me lol,I measured right when the ice moved in then it didn't snow anymore.Northern Hocking up by Fairfield got a lot more then we did down here, that's what the news was talking about.But I agree with all the ice and rain packed in there it was more than 2 inches by quite a bit.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

My gauge had 2.50 inches of packed snow with a little more than a half inch of rain on top of it. Around 10am the snow came to the top. Wasn't a very good snow for a blower so mine stayed inside. My neighbor said he had 4 inches when the sleet came.....he is two houses to the east of me.........lol

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Well there we have it! 2.5 it is,I thought it was about 4 all together when i was shoveling, but I'll trust noreply's guage.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Columbus reported up to 4 in Hocking county

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

That's about right. BR and a few people down the street had 4 to 5 inches as well. Others must be using Mexican tape measures or fell and bumped their heads. :lol: :lol: :lol: Easy to tell 2 inches from 4 or 5 just by looking. Don't even need to use a tape measure to see and calculate 2 inches. Even RK could see that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Trenchfoot wrote:That's about right. BR and a few people down the street had 4 to 5 inches as well. Others must be using Mexican tape measures or fell and bumped their heads. :lol: :lol: :lol: Easy to tell 2 inches from 4 or 5 just by looking. Don't even need to use a tape measure to see and calculate 2 inches. Even RK could see that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mine says made in China ....does that count against me.............. :lol:

I better keep my dog away from it

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:
Trenchfoot wrote:That's about right. BR and a few people down the street had 4 to 5 inches as well. Others must be using Mexican tape measures or fell and bumped their heads. :lol: :lol: :lol: Easy to tell 2 inches from 4 or 5 just by looking. Don't even need to use a tape measure to see and calculate 2 inches. Even RK could see that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mine says made in China ....does that count against me.............. :lol:

I better keep my dog away from it
No, I think you are alright if it's printed in American numerals. :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, keep your dog away from those China made doggy treats, I heard dogs was dropping like flies from those awhile back. If you got any, be safe and throw them away.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I'm sure glad I don't live down there in that snow belt like you and all them other people trench,I don't know what I would do I'm all shoveled out now :lol: but hope is on the way,big warmup coming in about 2 weeks yay

halfacent
Freshman Team

Post by halfacent »

Just enough for a SNOW DAY!!!.

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

dusting only.........

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yep, took a few trips through town today before the doc appointment and after, waiting on my prescription to be ready. If we got 2 inches the other night, them pile ups on parking lots/side streets that have been cleared off sure are big and tall. There isn't two inches of snow/wet freezing wet slush going to do that from a snow blade clearing a lot off. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Love that avatar Bolt. Hope they use that look this season. It's time for change. One of a kind cool looking head chief headdress. In control of all Indians look to it. Bad to the bone.

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

An inch of new snow on the ground in the past 1 1/2 hours and its still coming down.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

1.25 as of 10 mins go

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

I'm usually one for Winter, But dang bring on Spring time, I'm over this crap already

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Return to “The Off season”