How much snow did you town/city/village get today?

General Chat
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: How much snow did you town/city/village get today?

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Less than an inch over night. Mix precip this morning. Snow freezing rain.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

putting it down big time now

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

zero.........

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

By the looks of things we got close to 4 here at the Lake(Buckeye)

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

almost four here

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

By the time I got out yesterday to shovel it was down to 2 because of the rain and warm temp,another wet slushy mess, but wasn't as hard as the last snow.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

More on the way. Precip: Ice/mix/snow. Possible accumulation unknown for now but after -2° for Thursday morning. Got a big ole crack in my garage brick mortar from this long stretch of artic Shi+. It warmed up quite a bit the other day and I noticed the crack down through the mortar on different bricks. Big long sucker. Deep freeze and thaw damage. The brick and mortar swelled resulting in the Crack. BR going to help me fix it as soon as this crazy a$$ weather brakes sometime. Good ole Global warming and the green house gas effect theory really helped up out this winter. :roll: :roll: :roll: Coldest February on record, ever. :lol: :lol: :lol: Can't wait till next week, warmer temps coming, finally.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Big ole crack in my ashpalt driveway.Just sealed it last summer.Global warming not working here, but it is in other parts of the world.Ganahl said awhile back it was warmer in Alaska then it was here this Febuary and said today it was the second coldest Febuary in 140 years of records at Port Columbus, this global warming is some crazy a$$ $hit.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

could have thunder shower tomorrow and a few inches of snow Wednesday???????????????????????

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Potential for heavy flooding in SEO with all the river ice jams and frozen ground if there is much rain,Old man winter giving it one last shot this week then the temps look pretty good.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

3 phases to this storm, the shovel will be brought back out on the back side of this baby for sure. But not mine. :lol: :lol: :lol: Southern half of the state could be seeing 5 to 8 Wed/Wed night.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:Big ole crack in my ashpalt driveway.Just sealed it last summer.Global warming not working here, but it is in other parts of the world.Ganahl said awhile back it was warmer in Alaska then it was here this Febuary and said today it was the second coldest Febuary in 140 years of records at Port Columbus, this global warming is some crazy a$$ $hit.
Coldest on record in day counts in February. Ever known by man, since keeping records. It's #1 in that category. Ole Ganahl is talking about a single low day record temp, not day after day below normal. It even broke records lows clear down to Florida. This year was based on how many days in Feb was below normal Bolt. Global warming/climate change. You take you pick. Me, I believe in climate change myself, for hot records or cold records. Global warming not working for here, Ganahl. :lol: :lol: :lol: Now here in a few years maybe we will have a warmer winter and the other places that was warm will be cold. Green house gas/Global warming. :lol: :lol: :lol: Points to climate change imo. WC Scientists was explaining it but they said they wasn't totally sure. But did say the earth heals it's self. But just not enough evidence for global warming. :lol: :lol: :lol: Green house gasses. :lol: :lol: :lol: I bet ole KM still don't believe in it either. :lol: :lol: :lol: She told us in the kitchen one time, whhhyyyyyyy I remember hotter days than this before, they are always coming up with something she said. :lol: :lol: :lol: It was hotter than he(( out the day she said that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:By the time I got out yesterday to shovel it was down to 2 because of the rain and warm temp,another wet slushy mess, but wasn't as hard as the last snow.
Down to 2? Snowed pretty dang hard all morning. You had to get around 4 though before she started shrinking. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I threw salt out while she was coming down, took care of most of it but I did shovel a little. Had to, hurt back or not. CK gets it smashed down pretty quick if I don't. That little drive is down hill a little, afraid of her sliding through the garage door. She gets it a glare of ice out there. That big ole crack in my garage looks like the shape of steps going up. Mortar spread apart, movement and swelling in the bricks. Toooooo many Cold Day's and night's below zero temps took a toll on it this February.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:Potential for heavy flooding in SEO with all the river ice jams and frozen ground if there is much rain,Old man winter giving it one last shot this week then the temps look pretty good.
Not so much worried about ice jams on the hocking creek. More worried about the frozen ground run off if there is a lot of rain and melting going on. It has no where else to go but run off. :( :( Hope we don't get a bunch of rain in the middle of spring either, could be trouble down here. :o :o No wonder people has to renew their flood insurance in or around the end of March, Ole LI said that's when they figure (FI) on a lot of rain. The rainy season he called it for flood plains. :roll: :roll: :roll: Waste of money.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Nope Ganahl was talking about the whole month of Febuary being the second coldest ever average temp for Port Columbus records,get on the wcmh website and look at his little blog for March 2, he talks about it there.Where did you hear it was the coldest at ? Must have been for a different area. I was out on the snow early Sunday morning after spending the night at the hospital and had to drive back in packing it down and drenching my garage with melt off later in the day.It was deeper in the morning then it was in the afternoon when I was shoveling,I knew I should have taken a picture of my tape measure in the snow so you would believe me lol.Its too hard to hold the measure and take the picture at the same time.Next time I will have to do it if I think there will be any controversy huh huh huh

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Here I copy and pasted for you trench off his blog

March 2, 2015

February was the #2 coldest February for about 140 years of records at Port Columbus. In addition since Valentine's Day we have had 5 all-time record lows, 5 all-time record low maximum temperatures, and 2 all-time record snowfalls. We have more record lows and maxs coming the 2nd ha

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:Nope Ganahl was talking about the whole month of Febuary being the second coldest ever average temp for Port Columbus records,get on the wcmh website and look at his little blog for March 2, he talks about it there.Where did you hear it was the coldest at ? Must have been for a different area. I was out on the snow early Sunday morning after spending the night at the hospital and had to drive back in packing it down and drenching my garage with melt off later in the day.It was deeper in the morning then it was in the afternoon when I was shoveling,I knew I should have taken a picture of my tape measure in the snow so you would believe me lol.Its too hard to hold the measure and take the picture at the same time.Next time I will have to do it if I think there will be any controversy huh huh huh
Port Columbus? I'm talking about the #1 record of the whole Northeastern US. Number of days and nights way below normal daytime temps and the number of nights below zero. It's been the coldest known in the Northeastern States since they've kept records. Don't need to take a picture of your accumulation up there. But the way you worded it, you only had 2. There was a little over 4 no matter if the rain and warm shrunk it or not. The 4 was there before that happened. :lol: :lol: :lol: You was sleeping late from late night hours when she was putting it down. And it was putting it down heavy. It was wet snow but didn't start raining till after the noon hour, not much after though.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:Here I copy and pasted for you trench off his blog

March 2, 2015

February was the #2 coldest February for about 140 years of records at Port Columbus. In addition since Valentine's Day we have had 5 all-time record lows, 5 all-time record low maximum temperatures, and 2 all-time record snowfalls. We have more record lows and maxs coming the 2nd ha
Maybe at port Columbus's little local record keeping. But still Ohio is considered in the coldest Feb of all time. It was on WC and the Noah's thing coldest February ever recorded for the Northeastern States as a whole. I'm sure I'm not the only one that will argue this. lol: :lol: :lol:

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

All okay the way you worded it was around here,I got ya now.I don't care about there I just want to know whats going on here. That's where you and me differ,you like them big wide forecasts for huge areas and I like em nice and tight.I said by the time I got out and shoveled so I assumed people would think I meant there was more earlier.,sorry I confused you.But I thought a lot would melt by afternoon before the storm got here so it shouldn't have surprised anyone.I didn't get to bed that day until about 9 or 10 am so I got to see it alright.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Trenchfoot wrote: It was on WC and the Noah's thing coldest February ever recorded for the Northeastern States as a whole:
I always thought we were in the Midwest here not Northeast,I guess I wrong again on that one

Return to “The Off season”