Football Trivia For Your School

General Chat
one Oak
JV Team

Re: Football Trivia For Your School

Post by one Oak »

What former Oak Hill Oaks football player was an assistant coach against Jackson in a playoff game?
I need a clue to answer that one Ironman92. Who was the opponent?

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Who intercepted Hal Spears of ironton streak of no picks in the 1971 season. Game was played at ironton?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

boy that's a good one right there lhs, I'm sure I was there. he was an awesome qb.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:who kicked the extra point to beat akron saint Vincent saint Mary's in 79 to seal the win for the ironton fighting tigers. the state championship game was played in akron and the fighting tigers won their 1st state title 7-6. no sense in ironton fans really answering this. because we all know. try to answer without twittering or googling.
the answer here is bubby ''the toe'' fletcher. if memory serves me correct there was a flag, and he made it twice.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:what stadium did the ironton fighting tigers win their 2nd state championship game in=== and who was the opponent.

the answer here is ohio state stadium and the opponent was Sandusky perkins.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

what team was ranked I think 3rd in the country nationally. and played the fighting tigers and left the tank Friday night with a loss. hint==from a huge city.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:what stadium did the ironton fighting tigers win their 2nd state championship game in=== and who was the opponent.

Ironton beat Campbell Memorial in 1989 to win their 2nd state title. They lost to Perkins in the 1999 title game, which was played in Massillon.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:what team was ranked I think 3rd in the country nationally. and played the fighting tigers and left the tank Friday night with a loss. hint==from a huge city.
Cincinnati Academy of Physical Ed.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ironman02 wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:

Ironton beat Campbell Memorial in 1989 to win their 2nd state title. They lost to Perkins in the 1999 title game, which was played in Massillon.
I can't believe I whiffed on that. I know it like I know my middle name. can't believe I done that. yes it was the Campbell memorial devils. at ohio state stadium, same year burg won their state title game. it was ironton's second.

and you are right about the Sandusky perkins game in 99 in masillon. I was at both. I musta been vaporlocked. I've told ya'll I been hit in the head a lot.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they had an opportunity to win it in 79,89, and 99.

GoTigersGo
Waterboy

Post by GoTigersGo »

What was the name of the Ironton Fighting Tigers super fan that got knocked out cold by the Tigers play-by-play announcer at the 99 state championship game vs Sandusky Perkins after complaining about strategic moves made by Ohios all-time winningest coach, Bob Lutz?

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Before they were the Falcons, who were fairfield union..

Lol jk... it's not true.

Great topic though!!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Falcon01 wrote:Before they were the Falcons, who were fairfield union..

Lol jk... it's not true.

Great topic though!!
Bremen Oilers? Just a guess.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Falcon01 wrote:Before they were the Falcons, who were fairfield union..

Lol jk... it's not true.

Great topic though!!

Charging Knights

Live Like A Champion!
Texas 2
Freshman Team

Post by Texas 2 »

Who can name the last names of the following teams of the 60's? Nelsonville ,Middleport, Wellston , Jackson , Pomeroy, Logan, Athens, Gallipolis and what football team won the first seoal title?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GoTigersGo wrote:What was the name of the Ironton Fighting Tigers super fan that got knocked out cold by the Tigers play-by-play announcer at the 99 state championship game vs Sandusky Perkins after complaining about strategic moves made by Ohios all-time winningest coach, Bob Lutz?

there is one in every crowd. knocked me out my *&%$$#.I barely moved my head.i've never been knocked out in my life other than when I was a freshman and ken fritz hit me on a kickoff return drill, I weighed like 160 and fritz weighed like 260, and was benching 400.but I was man enough to run right toward him. the frosh should never have been practicing with them dinosaurs like heironimous, fritz.but I got tkoed , got up and went back to practice. after somebody stuck an ammonia cap up my nostril. kinda like getting electrocuted.but this guy you brought up he hits like a girl. sucker punched me while I had a son on each arm. there were people throwing stuff on the field cussing the coaches and those were some of the minor things going on. I looked at the staff and said why didn't we punt the ball. and the coal grove guy, who should have never been on the sidelines anyway snuck up while still on the field and jumped up on a rolled up tarp and sucker punched me. like I said with a son in each arm, then slithered back onto the field surface. I was in the stands. but me and this feller have spoke and since made up. and I forgave him for what he done. so frankly it is none of your business. if you'd like to talk about it further. then feel free to walk up and talk to me like a big boy. I have not been in a fight for 30 years, and I've never started a fight in my life. I've got into more fights trying to get friends out of them. but you are not even a tiger fan, though your name says you are. you are likely on some work release program from another district. ANYHOO, GOOD DAY YTB.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

oh forgive me gotigers. I forgot to answer your question that would be --what is rick McKnight, ironton's football and basketball announcer. but like I said I did the Christian thing ,i forgave him.and it's not your concern anyway and that's all I have to say about that.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Who was the final opponent in the final football game for the Nelsonville Greyhounds in 1966?

Who was the first opponent in the first football game for the Nelsonville-York Buckeyes in 1967?

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Texas 2 wrote:Who can name the last names of the following teams of the 60's? Nelsonville ,Middleport, Wellston , Jackson , Pomeroy, Logan, Athens, Gallipolis and what football team won the first seoal title?

Athens won the 1st

Live Like A Champion!
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Nelsonville Greyhounds
Logan Chiefs
Wellston Rockets
Athens Bulldogs
Middleport ?
Pomeroy?

Being a former co host on the radio with the Guru youd think I would remember those two and know every aspect of Hubie Bobo's life..... :mrgreen:

Live Like A Champion!

Return to “The Off season”